PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Double O Slevin
03-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Why are the people that play online such little bitches?! Everytime you get a healthy lead, they leave and your main intention for playing is gone too. I've been playing Face-Off to get the win by 25,000 achievement, and everytime I'm about to get it, the ohter person leaves, thats happened 3 outta the past 4 matches. I mean whats the big deal anyway, you get the loss for leaving too, so why wait til 80% of the song is through? In a nutshell, some people take online way to serious, especially the ones that would never be in the top 25% of the online rankings. Buncha pansies! LOL, ok rants over.

GaMeReVX
03-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Why are the people that play online such little bitches?! Everytime you get a healthy lead, they leave and your main intention for playing is gone too. I've been playing Face-Off to get the win by 25,000 achievement, and everytime I'm about to get it, the ohter person leaves, thats happened 3 outta the past 4 matches. I mean whats the big deal anyway, you get the loss for leaving too, so why wait til 80% of the song is through? In a nutshell, some people take online way to serious, especially the ones that would never be in the top 25% of the online rankings. Buncha pansies! LOL, ok rants over. Welcome to Online Gaming. -_-

Same thing happened to me for RB1.

Bl°°dwolf
03-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Exactly what he said. What you have to do is file negative reports when they do that. Even if they are socially retarded or don't care, after awhile no one will play with them because their rating is crap.

Double O Slevin
03-31-2009, 09:14 PM
I know it happens during online gaming, I was just looking for reasonable explaination. But I assume you are correct, they have no reason, just poor sportsmanship I guess. Whatever...

Codypotamus
03-31-2009, 09:20 PM
People just hate to lose so they think that quitting is somehow better than just accepting a loss. lol what a bunch of dumbasses. If I'm gonna lose I just accept it and understand that the person I'm competing against is better than me....but everyone can't be like that I suppose

Iv VeNoM vI
03-31-2009, 09:38 PM
I tried for like 20 minutes then i just boosted with my friend because of the same thing.

peterk
03-31-2009, 09:42 PM
I get it a lot. It's really stupid because WHO THE HELL CARES if you win or lose. I've been destroyed in online matches and just laughed about it. Like... so what? I lost several battle mode games in a row yesterday. Shockingly, I did not die in real life.

I play on medium (sorry guys but that orange button and I just don't get along at all) and have been matched up against people who overestimate their capabilities and play on expert who flub every 3rd note and then get pissy when I win.

A final note: Having an amazing win/loss percentage on a videogame you play with a plastic guitar controller isn't going to get you a girlfriend, nor will it clear up your complexion. Get over the competitiveness and have some damn fun with it for a change.

Lucent Beam
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah, people are like that which is why I'd just rather boost for something like this so I can skip the frustration of quitters... and then after my achievements are boosted out of the way, I can play competitively and not feel as pissed when other people quit.

KillKraZd
03-31-2009, 10:17 PM
I get it a lot. It's really stupid because WHO THE HELL CARES if you win or lose. I've been destroyed in online matches and just laughed about it. Like... so what? I lost several battle mode games in a row yesterday. Shockingly, I did not die in real life.

I play on medium (sorry guys but that orange button and I just don't get along at all) and have been matched up against people who overestimate their capabilities and play on expert who flub every 3rd note and then get pissy when I win.

A final note: Having an amazing win/loss percentage on a videogame you play with a plastic guitar controller isn't going to get you a girlfriend, nor will it clear up your complexion. Get over the competitiveness and have some damn fun with it for a change.

I know what you're saying. I played someone last night, beat him with well over 25k and he called me a fag because I was on hard while he was on expert. Why am I a fag because I played the song near perfect on hard and he over-estimated his abilities?! I know I could hardly ever win if I was on expert on most of the songs. The funniest thing about this is the next song he proceeds to play on medium and of course beat me... but did I throw a fit?.... No.

To the original poster, doesn't the beat someone in Pro Face-Off/Face off by 25K or more unlock if the person quits out? I'm pretty sure it does cause someone quit out on me and I got it the very first online game I played.

Double O Slevin
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
No, it never unlocked for me, and one of the games I was winning something like 120,000 to 64,000, something like that. I think that woulda done it, but it didnt. Either way, I have the achievement now, but still irritating.

MetallicaDan
04-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Having an amazing win/loss percentage on a videogame you play with a plastic guitar controller isn't going to get you a girlfriend, nor will it clear up your complexion.

This made me laugh out loud and pretty much sums it up.

Pemrick69
04-01-2009, 04:55 AM
I don't know, I hear people complaining about this a lot, but it doesn't really bother me. Of the last 10 people I played against, I won against 7 or 8 of them, and only two people quit on me. Yeah it's aggravating, but I don't think it's such a system breaking epidemic like everyone makes it out to be.

When it happens, I just go find someone new to play against and avoid the quitter. I have lost a few high scores back on GH3 to this happening, but if I figure if I can do it on PFO, I can do it again solo eventually

GaMeReVX
04-01-2009, 04:58 AM
I know what you're saying. I played someone last night, beat him with well over 25k and he called me a fag because I was on hard while he was on expert. Why am I a fag because I played the song near perfect on hard and he over-estimated his abilities?! I know I could hardly ever win if I was on expert on most of the songs. The funniest thing about this is the next song he proceeds to play on medium and of course beat me... but did I throw a fit?.... No.
Sure is a skill jump from Expert to Medium. I wonder...:O

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-01-2009, 05:10 AM
ah...little 9 year olds, cant take being beat....I really dont see the point in quitting near the end I mean in most games there is a penalty for quitting so why not just let the controller sit there and do nothing

They probably just do it to spite you

Similarly in COD waw there is an achievement for getting the most points in 4 player coop and some loser always quit right at the end

some people are just jerks, dont know what to tell you

Shadjuice
04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I actually got the win by 25,000 achievement last night. The funny thing about it was, he played on expert and I played on easy lol. I don't think he was too happy afterwards lol. But people do like to quit alot and also can never fill the band vs. band games which sucks. Was the same way on World Tour.

spankyNspronkle
04-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Exactly what he said. What you have to do is file negative reports when they do that. Even if they are socially retarded or don't care, after awhile no one will play with them because their rating is crap.

What he said...

I do this to anyone who quits in any music game... that way you also won't ever get paired with them either...

Valiant Goat
04-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I got both achievements for winning by 25,000 points from people who quit within the first 2 minutes. I think as long as you've scored 25,000 points you are supposed to get the achievements, because the quitters score is listed as 0(zero).

As for most people quitting....it was like that in GH3 as well, which thankfully made getting Big Ol' Pile of Wins a little quicker.

Free HEADSH0TS
04-02-2009, 02:13 AM
I have a better question. WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY SINGLE PERSON PLAY ON FUCKING EASY/MEDIUM? The point system is ridiculous, I was playing expert and I'm not perfect so I miss a couple of notes and I lose to someone who's playing on medium because how the fuck do you mess up on that?? It's retarted. I would be a faggot like everyone else to get wins by playing easy/medium, but it's so slow that I just can't play with it.. Hard is the lowest I can go.

Anyways... back to what your original question.. the only possible way for me to get 25k more points in Pro Faceoff/regular Faceoff have been when people quit during the middle of the game due to the point system.. My biggest margin of victory is 11k and I was playing Expert and the other kid was playing Medium, luckily they sucked. If they quit during the middle though their score goes to 0 so the achievement should be unlocking for you.

Overall, I'd say multiplayer is the only part that bothers me on this game. Otherwise it's by far my favorite GH game.

Double O Slevin
04-02-2009, 02:32 AM
I understand that not everyone is good at these type of games ans some can only play on easy or medium. So I don't hold it against them. And the other ones that can and still play on a lower level are jusr douche bags! That's my answer and I'm sticking to it. And to answer again, the quitting never unlocked it for me. Oh well, its done now.

Free HEADSH0TS
04-02-2009, 02:44 AM
I understand that not everyone is good at these type of games ans some can only play on easy or medium. So I don't hold it against them. And the other ones that can and still play on a lower level are jusr douche bags! That's my answer and I'm sticking to it. And to answer again, the quitting never unlocked it for me. Oh well, its done now.
Yeah that's what I meant, sorry I was unclear. People who CAN play higher modes but don't. I can understand if someones struggling on medium or something, but if they 100% medium it's like what the fuck. I wish they would have the search thing that GH3 had where you can search for a specific mode so it can be fair for the most part.

Consistency
04-02-2009, 05:11 AM
Thats how I got the achievements but making people quit

braddelo
04-02-2009, 05:25 AM
I got both achievements for winning by 25,000 points from people who quit within the first 2 minutes. I think as long as you've scored 25,000 points you are supposed to get the achievements, because the quitters score is listed as 0(zero).

As for most people quitting....it was like that in GH3 as well, which thankfully made getting Big Ol' Pile of Wins a little quicker.

Same shit happened to me.