PDA

View Full Version : Master's Grid

Tahae T
03-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi - (used the search button " master grid" nothing of use really came up - ) but i have used alot of tips on here about how to get started on hexic and doing the last pearl achieves etc etc, but i cannot seem to find any good information or tactics as to how to set up the masters grid.

i know how it works and how to use it - but i really struggle sith separating the stars, and forming the grid in the first place.

Can you give me some help or pointers any one please? i am really stuck!:confused:

Kunduz
03-31-2009, 09:30 PM
It's been posted before but: http://www.ondaground.net/flash/hbb/index.php?p=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aavvvavaaaaaaaaaaavvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
try it out ;)

Wii187
03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Go to http://hexic.info/ It's under "Grid System"

Tahae T
04-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Go to http://hexic.info/ It's under "Grid System"

I know that - thats why iknow what its called :p.

I dont really understand the way the guy has written it - and have just been trying to learn it myself but ive been trying so long now its making me fustrated!

i havent tried that other link the ?"ondaground" one so hopefully thats better.

if any one could give me tips how to star walk to set up the first line would be awesome!!

Tahae T
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
ok - so that " ondaground" website link = what the hell was that for? i didnt really find it any help at all?

i think i have kinda figured out how to star walk now after many atempts, i was able to make the first 2 full single star rows but then i get stuck - how do you start building downwards ?

Wii187
04-03-2009, 03:46 AM
What do you mean build downwards? Do you mean move the stars down for storage or are your 2 rows at the top of the screen? You should start from the bottom and work your way up.

AngrySalad
04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
What do you mean build downwards? Do you mean move the stars down for storage or are your 2 rows at the top of the screen? You should start from the bottom and work your way up.

Not necessarily true. Some folks think it's easy to build downward as, each time you make a new star at the top of the screen, it pushes the original star down anyway, doing some of the work for you.

Star walking w/o making accidental combos takes a little while to learn Tahae, but you'll get it. I've only been playing a week and I finally just go Grand Pearl Poobah last night. Only my 100 game achieve to go!

Good luck!

Tahae T
04-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I must admit - all the video's ive watched on youtube to help me try and understand how to walk the stars to set up the grid - they all seem to work from the top down to the bottom, i may try working from the bottom and see how it goes, as i have not tried that yet. (Here is a link showing you what my board looks like when i get stuck, providing i dont screw up before i get this far.)http://www.ondaground.net/flash/hbb/index.php?p=undefinedundefinedxundefinedundefinedu ndefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefi nedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedxundefinedu ndefinedundefinedxxundefinedundefinedundefinedunde finedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined undefinedundefinedxundefinedundefinedundefinedxxun definedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefin edundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedxun definedundefinedundefinedxxundefinedundefinedundef inedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedu ndefinedundefinedaxundefinedundefinedundefinedxxun definedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefin edundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedxx

I know how to move them safely once the full grid is complete but i struggle on using them to get the stars in the right place to start off with.

What method did you use to help get your poobah?

i had 4 pearls last night w/o using any grid system but i accidently combined them and screwed myself over basically.

I have also seen a video that shows you how to make 6 pearls using only 22 silver stars but im not sure i could set something up that complex just yet.:)

jassick
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
the thing that helped me the most in transitioning from making starflowers to setting up the grid was oldtaco's vid on youtube. You might have to watch it a couple times to realize how he's using the starflower Y system (i know it took me a couple times before I could consistantly use his method to fill in the holes in my grid.).

And I have no idea what you are trying to show in the grid builder you posted. Why are there 27 bombs and only 1 star?

Taco's Vid- YouTube - Making The Master's Grid, Hexic HD
edit-didnt' intend for that to be an embedded video, hope that's ok.

Tahae T
06-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I have no idea what the hell happned to the link in my previous post - it was working fine the day i posted it - and some how since then its changed? i just looked at what you meant - and WTF???? hmm... anyway thanks for the Vid , i will try that some time.