PDA

View Full Version : what $$$ i thought it said free

qSasukep
04-01-2009, 03:29 AM
ok, i only downloaded this game becuz it said free, theres a waste of my time, is there ne way to get achievements w/o buying anything? plzplzplz tell me before i make room and get rid of this lying garbage

FonduYouLoveMe
04-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Stop typing with zzzzz, and then we'll tell you.

ok, no, theres no way to get achievements without buying one of the games

NFaMuS one
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
ok, i only downloaded this game becuz it said free, theres a waste of my time, is there ne way to get achievements w/o buying anything? plzplzplz tell me before i make room and get rid of this lying garbage

The actual achievement list and software that houses the games are free, yes, but the individual games cost 800 microsoft points each. Essentially, each game is considered downloadable (add-on) content. It's completely worth it though...well, to me anyway. :drunk

BustaMo
04-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Sad to say, but I too thought these would be free. I was pretty pumped about that actually until now. Thanks for the heads up.

_DoTTeR_
04-28-2009, 04:58 AM
I just got them all for free from x360 :woop:

kaleido42
04-28-2009, 05:28 AM
I just got them all for free from x360 :woop:

oh how envious I am, I wanted to win that. back to topic. like already mentioned, you have to get the games you want achievements for. consider though that $10 per boardgame is pretty decent especially with added content and getting to play with real people whenever. only though i guess if you would actually buy the board game anyways.

ApochWeiss
04-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Same thing with me, I thought it was free when I downloaded the program that HOUSES the games. Then I realized I was wrong and went through hell. My fiance REALLY wanted to play Battleship, she had her hopes up to sink my battleship (and no, it's not the sexual pun, I'm talking about the game here) and wound up really depressed when I found I needed 800 points and couldn't afford them. Oh the hell that caused...

So the next morning I traded off some good games and said to hell with it and bought two 1600 point cards to buy connect four and battleship, and then the other 2 just for the heck of it and get the points.

Her and I have not played either game since day one.

And now it looks like I'm wasting money to play Sorry! With her for one night this week when I get my check. Yay.

ejbadger
05-16-2009, 02:02 PM
I understand that rent and expenses are rampant these days, but you can't drop ten bucks for your bride-to-be to play battleship? c'mon man, gotta keep the woman happy ;-)

Z4NTHR4X
05-18-2009, 05:57 PM
pure money makin to pay for each single game 800

qSasukep
06-01-2009, 08:05 PM
I just wanna say, that post 2 up as FUNNY picture and no, I would not do that for icecream, not asscream either haha

epik499
06-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Already have these games in board fashion, thought "oh, free achievements" and then its a lame ass 800 a pop. Waste of time. You barely get to play the trials :confused:. Thanks for nothin xbla :chair
Lmao @ ApochWeiss, my fiance said "oooo" when she saw it, then agreed with it being lame when the trial ended message popped up.

VicRattlehead
06-24-2009, 02:50 PM
The problem isn't that the games costs MSP but that EVERY games cost 800 MSP each. There are 7 games in this collection and the price of all is about 5600 MSP (about 67 here in Europe), the full price of a retail game (but here without box and manuals).

The same game for Wii on disc with box and manual costs about 30-35, lol.

Maybe I will buy something with the deal of week promotion. Maybe.

WesCoast
06-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I think that might be part of the XBLA strategy for this one. It entices people to download it, thinking "hey this is free GS (or just free games) and then the unsuspecting dupe says to his wife/girlfriend "look honey, a game you'll want to play FOR FREEEE" and she gets all excited about playing it.

Then you download it and fire it up and with a controller in her hand, you feel like you've managed to achieve the perfect evening entertainment that's not her insisting on Project Runway or Hell's Kitchen... pursue some GS while hanging out with the woman and not listen to her nag about you playing too many video games.

Then you load it up and BAM... it wants money. By now the girl is all jazzed up and you find yourself paying 800 points for a game that you probably won't play after that one night because it only seemed like a good idea when it was free... but to her it's still a good idea because it's not her credit card on your account.

Then she embarasses you by smoking you in Battleship repeatedly and gloats about it and you realize that playing video games with your girlfriend is not as fun as it sounds.

Well... at least that's my story... :p

Drake O'Phile
07-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Am I really the only guy who read the download details BEFORE downloading the Family Game Night application and understood that you would have to purchase the game(s) you wanted? The OP's argument is moot, he may as well complain that the Netflix application download was free but then you have to pay for the movies. It makes no sense.

Either way at 800MSP/$10 each you are saving yourself about $7-$10 per game than if you had bought the physical version of it at a WalMart. $10 for Scrabble isn't bad either, especially for all of the bells and whistles it comes with (different modes of play).