PDA

View Full Version : Skill Drop Question

TheChich81
04-01-2009, 05:29 AM
for the skill drops, after you discover them, how do you know where they are when you're parachuting in? I can't find them labeled anywhere on the screen, and i don't see anything showing up on my compass, so as far as i know, it does me no good to discover them

666priest
04-01-2009, 02:01 PM
for the skill drops, after you discover them, how do you know where they are when you're parachuting in? I can't find them labeled anywhere on the screen, and i don't see anything showing up on my compass, so as far as i know, it does me no good to discover them

The way to know where they are is when you see a white parachute, either hanging from a window or on top of a tower, etc. The only useful reason for them is to get around certain obstacles or get the jump on an enemy but most people on this site just used a walkthrough or the youtube videos to know where they are.

TheChich81
04-01-2009, 04:39 PM
ah, I see... I thought that maybe after you walked by and "discovered" them they would show up on your screen the next time you were chuting down... that would have made a lot more sense.

TheChich81
04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
what about the landings, do botched landings still unlock or do they have to be greased/flared?

666priest
04-01-2009, 06:42 PM
what about the landings, do botched landings still unlock or do they have to be greased/flared?

You just need to land in the skill drop location, it doesn't need to be specific. However do take note that some sometimes you will not get awarded the skill drop, so you have to keep doing it until they award it to you.

ScouseLee
04-06-2009, 10:56 AM
OK, this may sound dumb, but for the achievement, do you need to land on all 30 skill jumps, or simply discover them?

The achievement description says to discover them, I've found all except one. But, if it is to land on all of them, each level has to be played through 5-times. Unless a checkpoint is used, which is quite stupid.

I'm a tad confused.

WOLFkraut
04-06-2009, 06:12 PM
You have to land on them for the acheivement.

ScouseLee
04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
You have to land on them for the acheivement.

I thought so, I landed on one yesterday and it gave me the '1 of 5' message.
I think I may give that achievement a miss, unless I'm bored one day, lol.

Cheers, bud.