PDA

View Full Version : Seek & Destroy won't unlock.

Dreamscape420
04-02-2009, 01:41 AM
I completed 20 online matches and the achievement did not unlock. Thought, ok, might just be WIN 20 games. Now have 20 wins and still no achievement. Anyone else have this problem? What is going on here...helpp!!

Free HEADSH0TS
04-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Were they complete songs or did people quit out in the middle of them? Maybe they all have to be complete songs or something.

Dreamscape420
04-02-2009, 02:42 AM
people quit in a few of the games, but I still should have 20 games completed without those games included.

Pandatron
04-02-2009, 07:01 AM
This one was weird for me as well...
I played about 15 online matches on release day and then on the next day, when my cousin got the game, I decided to grind the rest in pro face-off with him. I lost count of how many songs we played until it unlocked but when mine finally did, his unlocked two songs later. Thus, he played probably 20 on the dot, but it took me somewhere around 33. I don't think there's a trick to this, so my only suggestions are to keep on plugging and stick to one game-type. There's definitely a glitch here.

she haunts me
04-02-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm having the same problem. I know for a fact that I've played more than 20 battle mode matches alone. About 10 pro face-off's and regular face-off's. And a few band quickplay matches (only three people though).

I still can't get the achievement unlocked. I also had to play 3 different songs with Lemmy to get that achievement to unlock. Maybe it's just my copy I dunno. A few achievements do seem buggy though.

EDIT: About 10-15 battle mode matches later I finally got it. I must have played at least 40 or so online matches before the achievement popped.

IWi11KickU
04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I can confirm the Lemmy achievement. It definately took me two songs for it to unlock, although King Diamond unlocked the first time I used him.

Dreamscape420
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll just keep on going and see what happens.

...well i now have 28 wins and 40+ games played and absolutely nothing. getting pretty pissed off over here.

oceanstar87
04-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I can confirm the Lemmy achievement. It definately took me two songs for it to unlock, although King Diamond unlocked the first time I used him.

The Lemmy achievement unlocked the first time for me. You probably had to do it twice because one of the songs must have been a metallica one rather than one of the other songs. Because of it being a metallica game, any metallica song you play (quickplay or career) is played with those characters and you can't use any of the other characters in those songs.

Zacry072
04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Same problem. My record online is still undefeated, 20+ Pro Face-Off games. No achievement.

TA Sasuke
04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll just keep on going and see what happens.

...well i now have 28 wins and 40+ games played and absolutely nothing. getting pretty pissed off over here.

Try hosting 20 games of Stone Cold Crazy with a friend. Thats how i got it...

Dreamscape420
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I finally got it to pop on my 35th win.

she haunts me
04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
The Lemmy achievement unlocked the first time for me. You probably had to do it twice because one of the songs must have been a metallica one rather than one of the other songs. Because of it being a metallica game, any metallica song you play (quickplay or career) is played with those characters and you can't use any of the other characters in those songs.

I played Ace of Spades, Turn the Page, and Tuesday's Gone with Lemmy before the achievement would unlock. It is definitely bugged.

Deleted2014-12-02
04-03-2009, 02:52 AM
I did a ton of battles yesterday boosting a friend and eventually she got it after what seemed to be a while. For the record, battles do count. Mine unlocked after the first song we played as I had done some PFOs/FOs and Band Quickplay earlier.

peterk
04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Ah Hell. Guess I'll be grinding away at this for a bit later on today then.

I'll be going for the Hero Of The Day/Expert+ later on as well. Morally, I feel obligated to have more points on this game than the Aerosmith one.

Lucent Beam
04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I got this just from doing Band Quickplay.... so it's definitely not for "wins".

Arcanon
04-08-2009, 03:14 AM
I got this just from doing Band Quickplay.... so it's definitely not for "wins".

I can second this.

I was boosting some other achievements last weekend (thanks to everyone who helped me BTW), and Seek and Destroy randomly popped up after one of our games in Band Quickplay.

Just go for the other achievements first, and if it doesn't pop up after you get them all, play a few more games. It should come in time.

Frozenghost001
04-08-2009, 03:16 AM
I got it after like 30 matches online...

but hey, at least I have it. =)

lostmotiv
04-09-2009, 01:03 AM
i got mine in band quick play. i didn't count how many i played but it couldn't have been more than 20-23? and i had at least 10 matches where people quit out.

peterk
04-18-2009, 11:34 PM
FINALLY. I must have played 50 matches online (and played in every match style) and it popped today after at least 15 band quickplay matches in a row.

So if anyone is still having trouble with this, just pretend the achievement is for playing 40 online matches and it'll be a lot less frustrating.