PDA

View Full Version : Battle on drums?

ModusOperandi
04-02-2009, 04:13 AM
Question,
are you not able to play an online Battle on drums or do you just need to have the GH drum kit?

I just tried to join one and it says that "the current instrument setup isn't compatible with this game mode". Now does that mean drums in general or my RB drum kit?

Deleted2014-12-02
04-02-2009, 04:29 AM
Drums in general. Although that would be interesting, battles started with GH3, which was guitars only.

ModusOperandi
04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Way to go Activision and Red Octane once again then! There is no reason why drums shouldn't be able to play that gametype

This is yet another reason pushing me towards saying f**k GH and only playing RB. It's a better game all around in almost every aspect.
When GH isn't busy stealing ideas RB implemented in their previous games, they're busy making stupid decisions and making their game that little bit weaker

Congrats!

Deleted2014-12-02
04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Way to go Activision and Red Octane once again then! There is no reason why drums shouldn't be able to play that gametype

This is yet another reason pushing me towards saying f**k GH and only playing RB. It's a better game all around in almost every aspect.
When GH isn't busy stealing ideas RB implemented in their previous games, they're busy making stupid decisions and making their game that little bit weaker

Congrats!

At least GH has battles. All Rock Band has is Score Duels (PFOs) and Tug of Wars (FOs). No offense to RB and I'm a RB whore, but sometimes I want something more than playing for points and battles do just that.

Plus, attacks are used when you tilt the guitar, and so to attack on drums, you'd need to hit the cymbals/yellow+blue pads at the same time. For a trifecta-attack, you'd have to do it three times very fast. It's not very practical, TBH.

ModusOperandi
04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
well star power with drums in general is retarded in GH, again an area where GH failed compared to RB IMO.
And yeah Battling is a cool concept in these games, but they have no REAL reason to limit it to guitar. They don't even allow it in vocals, where's their excuse there?

Deleted2014-12-02
04-03-2009, 11:13 PM
well star power with drums in general is retarded in GH, again an area where GH failed compared to RB IMO.
And yeah Battling is a cool concept in these games, but they have no REAL reason to limit it to guitar. They don't even allow it in vocals, where's their excuse there?

Yeah, SP in GH is lame, but the alternative is the RB style and how can you incorporate battles into that style of activations?

Vocal Battles? Name attacks that there could be.

A CATSHOVEL
04-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah, SP in GH is lame, but the alternative is the RB style and how can you incorporate battles into that style of activations?

Up the opponent one difficulty
Hide the lyrics/tunnel thingy
Steal their attack
Change the pitch on everything
Flip the highway junk upside down
Make them sing a different song

TA Sasuke
04-03-2009, 11:25 PM

Only thing i could think of was like change the pitch of the phrases when activated.

Bl°°dwolf
04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Steal their attack

You sir are my new friend!*

*at least until such time as you say something to irritate me

A CATSHOVEL
04-04-2009, 02:04 AM
*at least until such time as you say something to irritate me
That won't be long.

ModusOperandi
04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Steal their attack

Well Brown, do you need anymore then that? Cuz if so I'm pretty sure we could brain storm some more!

Deleted2014-12-02
04-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Well Brown, do you need anymore then that? Cuz if so I'm pretty sure we could brain storm some more!
Actually the only two that were any good were "Change the pitch" and "Flip the pitch bar." Everything else ('cept sing a different song... not a good idea, IMO) was a copy of the attacks we have now. Still doesn't solve the drum battle debate that is going on now... so I don't see why you are talking as if you've accomplished something.

TA Sasuke
04-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Actually the only two that were any good were "Change the pitch" and "Flip the pitch bar." Everything else ('cept sing a different song... not a good idea, IMO) was a copy of the attacks we have now. Still doesn't solve the drum battle debate that is going on now... so I don't see why you are talking as if you've accomplished something.

http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-OhSnap.jpg

Deleted2014-12-02
04-05-2009, 06:05 AM
...Oh yeah.

Not to mention that some songs have a long series of music without vocals. See: Stone Cold Crazy.

Oh, and what drum attacks could there be?

TA Sasuke
04-05-2009, 06:07 AM
...Oh yeah.

Not to mention that some songs have a long series of music without vocals. See: Stone Cold Crazy.

Oh, and what drum attacks could there be?

lefty flip, bump up to expert + no matter what difficulty you are on, turn greens into green/red or green/blue or whatever. not many options.

Deleted2014-12-02
04-05-2009, 06:36 AM
lefty flip, bump up to expert + no matter what difficulty you are on, turn greens into green/red or green/blue or whatever. not many options.
Lefty Flip, Difficulty Up, Double Notes.

Not many options indeed. Double kick maybe... but nothing much.

TwistedFate
04-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Lefty Flip, Difficulty Up, Double Notes.

Not many options indeed. Double kick maybe... but nothing much.

You guys have no imagination. Most battle attacks can be modified for drums.

Broken pedal (broken string), drum riser collapse (amp overload). Dropped stick (all notes become snare or kick only).