PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite MetallicA Song? Who's your favorite band member/Album.

BLQQDCQRE
04-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Hell I'm a huge MetallicA fan, and always have been. Though out my life I been listing to MetallicA and have to say Old School MetallicA will always be the best. Tons of thier Old school songs breaking #1 on the charts in the 1990's and now all the metallica fans get to play their favorite songs again, yet alone bringing new fans in the crowd. The band staying together *besides the bassest* all these years staying strong. Now making a great game Guitar Hero MetallicA!!
I'm not here to give a essay on metallica I just have 3 questions for all the Metallica fans out there. Please just number 1-3 with your answers. This should be a fun poll for all of us. I'm also curious on how many people are Metallica Fans.

1. What's your favorite Metallica song?

2. Who's your favorite Metallica band member?

3. What's your favorite Metallica Album?

My Answers...
1. Fade to Black
2. Kirk Hammet
3.The Black Album

Thanks for your time. Enjoy the game and the most of all the Music!

Lordvader178
04-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Song: Trapped Under Ice/The Four Horsemen/Master of Puppets

Member: Kirk Hammet

Album: Master of Puppets

What The Buck?
04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Song: Ride The Lightning

Member: James Hetfield

Album: Ride The Lightning

N1lle
04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I think it is:

1. For Whom The Bell Tolls/Fade to Black
2. James Hetfield
3. Ride the Lightning

she haunts me
04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
1. No way I could just choose one song.
2. Kirk/James
3. Kill 'Em All through Black

I can't decide a favorite song or album. Or member for that matter. Their first five albums are my favorites.

Bl°°dwolf
04-02-2009, 03:32 PM
One song? That's a hard choice, but Creeping Death is definitely the first song that I fell in love with Metallica over. I've been listening since '86 when a friend of mine gave me a copy of Ride The Lightning. ;)

I really miss Cliff, since he and James were responsible for the vast majority of the (Metallica) songs on the first four albums. So Cliff and James both are my favorites.

Album is easy for me. Master of Puppets, definitely. I seriously wore out 2 tapes (and had another copy stolen :mad:) in my walkman & boom box during the mid 80's before I bought my first CD player in '88 or so. Still have that CD btw, and it still plays, though everything has been long since ripped to mp3. :p

LuizNazario
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Song: Master of Puppets

Band Member: James Hetfield

Album: ...And Justice For All

Lord Chabelo
04-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Song: Master of Puppets
Band member: Lars Ulrich

IWi11KickU
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
1. Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Fade to Black, Master of Puppets
2. After Napster, RIAA, The Some Kind of Monster Documentry, and general ass-clownery, I'd have to say my favorite member is now Cliff. Thank god he died before he saw his band descend in to a whiney bunch of little bitches.
3. Master of Puppets. No Contest.

Dreamscape420
04-02-2009, 04:29 PM
1. Puppets and Fade to Black
2. James and cliff
3. S&M. I gotta say, the orchestra adds a whole new perspective to their music. I stopped listening to Metallica about 8 years ago because their music became boring to me once I started listening to power metal bands with keyboards.

TA Sasuke
04-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Master of Puppets

Kirk Hammett since he doesn't seem to be a douche and just likes to play guitar

Master of Puppets.

xx chir0n xx
04-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Song: The unforgiven
Member: Lars Ulrich
Album: Black Album

Trash Man
04-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Dyers Eve
James
...And justice for all

ThtPepsiNagger
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Song: The Memory Remains/No Leaf Clover
Member: James/Lars
Album: S&M

overall: everything metallica!

good ol boy366
04-02-2009, 08:19 PM
master of puppets
james/lars
s&m/black album

Phate LLD
04-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Tie: Orion/ Master of Puppets
Kirk Hammet
Master of Puppets

Reirid
04-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Song: Fade To Black
Album: Ride The Lightening

Aeope
04-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Dyers Eve

Lars Ulrich

...And Justice For All

Hexrapper
04-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Song: Fight Fire with Fire
Member: Kirk Hammett
Album: Ride the Lightning

J Lew332
04-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Favorite song: Master of Puppets
Favorite band member: James
Favorite album: Ride the Lightning

ChaosGod87
04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
1. For Whom The Bell Tolls/Fade to Black/The Four Horsemen
2. James Hetfield
3. Ride the Lightning

Cyanide
04-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Favourite Song: No Remorse

Favourite Player: Cliff Burton

Favourite Album: Kill 'Em All

October 26th I get to see them come to toronto, I'm in the second row :D

Cyanide
04-04-2009, 07:25 PM
One song? That's a hard choice, but Creeping Death is definitely the first song that I fell in love with Metallica over. I've been listening since '86 when a friend of mine gave me a copy of Ride The Lightning. ;)

I really miss Cliff, since he and James were responsible for the vast majority of the (Metallica) songs on the first four albums. So Cliff and James both are my favorites.

Album is easy for me. Master of Puppets, definitely. I seriously wore out 2 tapes (and had another copy stolen :mad:) in my walkman & boom box during the mid 80's before I bought my first CD player in '88 or so. Still have that CD btw, and it still plays, though everything has been long since ripped to mp3. :p

Cliff had appearances on the first three albums, and was only credited with "(Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth" on the first album.

And on the fourth album he was only credited with "To Live is to Die."

Get your facts together before making a statement.

Bl°°dwolf
04-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh wow you seriously know your Metallica better than I do.
I'll just sit here and cry because you know everything and I know nothing.

Seriously, I love Metallica and just because I from time to time rely on old (and admittedly sometimes faulty) memories than actually looking shit up, doesn't make that any less so. Also just because you aren't credited doesn't mean you have zero to do with influencing songs your band is creating. I'm fairly certain that an old interview with the band I saw back in the day they did 'credit' him with heavy influence in the first four albums, though they had only just started really thinking/working on AJFA when they accident claimed his life.

metalhead79927
04-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Favorite song?

Tough question. Can't really say. I like them all.

Favorite band member: James Hetfield

Favorite Album: Master of Puppets.

DakidJose
04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Favorite Song : To tough to choose one.
Favorite Band Member: Kirk/Lars
Favorite Album: Master of Puppets

Kung Fu Jams
04-13-2009, 10:26 PM
1. One, Seek and Destroy and Nothing Else Matters, you can't make me choose.

2. Since no-one has picked him I'll go for Robert, when I saw them live I loved his showmanship, his classic bass-spin gets him the win ;)

3. Puppets, class track after class track, in my humble opinion one of the best albums of all time, Metallica or not.

ITD Soldierboy
04-13-2009, 11:54 PM
1. Battery

2. Cliff Burton - Best Bassist in the history of Rock n' Roll. Ever...

3. Master of Puppets

Defcizion
04-14-2009, 01:44 AM
1. My Favorite Metallica song is either Fade to Black or The Unforgiven III
2. My Favorite Metallica member is James Hetfield
3. My favorite Metallica album is Master of Puppets

RinkXing
04-14-2009, 02:01 PM
1. Disposable Heroes

2. James Hetfield, Cliff is a close second though...

3. Master of Puppets

fairdinkumozy
04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
favorite song: Fade To Black. This song got me through a dark and depressive period in my life. I wouldn't be alive today if not for this song.

favorite album: Master Of Puppets. No question. The album that got me into Metallica. They have never since come close to producing an album to rival this. A masterpiece.

favorite member: Kirk Hammett. He's the only one that's in it for the sheer love of what he does. He just wants to make music. Rob also seems very level-headed. James and Lars are a pair of egotistical self-centered morons who carry on like spoiled brats when they don't get their way.

Facial La Fleur
04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
I've been a fan of MetallicA from the time Master Of Puppets came out ALMOST religiously up until present day. There are the few instances where I disapprove of some of the ways they've gone about things, but overall they have written some very impressive music. Even the 90s albums had some amazingly intricate songs but a lot of people excused them because of how infectiously catchy they were (myself included at first). Anyway, on to the topic at hand.

My favorite album is ...And Justice For All hands down. Everyone in the band was at their technical prime. Hell, even Lars managed to pull out some pretty impressive drumming, a feat I don't feel he accomplishes near enough for someone who has played for as many years as he has. Also, every single song is as perfectly constructed as could be asked for. Name one song here that is not excellent. You can't.

As far as my favorite member of MetallicA goes, it's a toss up between James Hetfield and Cliff Burton. On one hand James writes the largest part of the riffs and lyrics and MOST OF THE TIME he has had a pretty solid vocal style. On the other hand, very few people in music have ever innovated bass playing like Cliff did. Most of the time people wouldn't even realize that some of the awesome guitar parts they were hearing weren't even guitar at all, they were Cliff combining his distortion and wah to create some really amazing moments.

I can't really choose a single favorite song since there are so many but some absolute favorites that didn't make it to the game are "The Four Horsemen", "Jump In The Fire", "Ride The Lightning", "Blackened", "...And Justice For All", "Harvester Of Sorrow", "The God That Failed", "Until It Sleeps", "Bleeding Me", "The Outlaw Torn", "The Unforgiven II", "Fixxxer"... basically they could make a sequal to this game with all the great songs they missed. I wouldn't remove any from the current setlist, though I'd like to see some of the above songs either in DLC form or in a follow up game or expansion.

Tenacious
04-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Song: Fade to Black
Album: Ride the Lightning/...And Justice for All
Member: Kirk Hammett

DarthMalice777
04-15-2009, 02:20 PM
1. Creeping Death & Orion

2. Jason...for putting up with so much shit and still bringing nothing but energy to their live shows and the fans

3.Master/Justice

Frozenghost001
04-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Favorite Song: Leper Messiah, Disposable Heroes, & Dyer's Eve
Favorite Band Member: Lars Ulrich

aziz16
04-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Song:Dyers Eve,The Four Horsemen,Harvester of Sorrow,Wherever I May Roam.
Member:Kirk Hammett
Album:...And Justice for All

Unmasked Bandit
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Favorite Song: Master of Puppets
Favorite Member: Lars
Favorite Album: ...And Justice for All

Yeboah17
04-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi!

Picking just one in each category is impossible, I'll write what comes to mind:

1. Master of Puppets, Sad but true, Until it sleeps, Frayed ends of sanity, St. Anger, For whom the bell tolls

2. Jason Newsted. And I like Lars for his professional attitude.

3. ...and justice for all, for it is quite homogenous and very refined. The Black album is equally superb, same goes for "Puppets". What's more, I don't dare say Load :-P

F*ck it all and no regrets!

Y17

MetallicaDan
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
1. What's your favorite Metallica song? The Unforgiven, or Fade to Black. It's really tough to pick one song that I like most because Metallica has so many that suit so many of my moods.

It would be easier to pick a song that I like the least (either Invisible Kid from St. Anger or Through the Never off the Black Album).

2. Who's your favorite Metallica band member? Papa Het.

3. What's your favorite Metallica Album? I'll have to go with Master of Puppets, but that's a tough one.

MetallicaDan
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
October 26th I get to see them come to toronto, I'm in the second row :D

I'll be at the Toronto show too, but I got floor tickets. And early entry. The joys of being in the Met Club. :D

DubaiESP
04-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Song: A lot... my favorite 5: Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matters, One, Master of Puppets, Welcom home (sanitarium)

Member: Hetfiled

KewlBrettC
04-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Song - Welcome Home (Sanatarium)
Member - James Hetfield
Album - Master of Puppets

aadams_22
04-19-2009, 05:21 AM
1. Hero of the Day (unfortunately not on this game...WHY ACTIVISION WHY?)
2. like them all
3. ...And Justice for All

Vegan Wartooth
04-19-2009, 07:28 AM
LOL I'm just waiting for someone to say their favorite album is St. Anger :nana

song: The Four Horsemen

member: Dave Mustaine (fuck everyone else)

album: Kill 'em all

Falconwing007
04-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Disposable Heroes/Hit the Lights/Whiplash/Four Horsemen
Dave mustaine (I can't wait for GH: Megadeth. He single-handedly owns Kirk and James.)
Master of Puppets

MetallicaDan
04-20-2009, 04:05 AM
Dave mustaine (I can't wait for GH: Megadeth. He single-handedly owns Kirk and James.)[...]

Maybe in the 'being a whinny bitch' department! It's been over 20 years man, let it go!

Vegan Wartooth
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
1. Puppets and Fade to Black
2. James and cliff
3. S&M. I gotta say, the orchestra adds a whole new perspective to their music. I stopped listening to Metallica about 8 years ago because their music became boring to me once I started listening to power metal bands with keyboards.

lol! S&M isnt even a real album! its basically a bunch of live songs collaborated together

Ink129
04-20-2009, 11:18 PM
1. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) & Fade to Black I guess...

2. Kirk I think- he seems to be the most down to earth of the whole bunch. (Guess I should have chosen Lars, as I am a Dane, but this guy just gets to be too much at times, hehe)

3. Even though, not even one of my favourite two songs is on this album, I'd still choose The Black Album- clichÚ I know but overall it's more to my liking than any other of their albums ;)

Now I'll just wait for them to make their concert in Denmark this summer- soooooo looking forward to it... :woop:

GMG Squad
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM
King Nothing, Fuel, And Justice For All, and Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Lars Ulrich

...And Justice For All

slatanica
04-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Favorite Song: Fade to Black, Ride the Lightning, and The Four Horseman(Mechanix).
Favorite Band Member: Cliff Burton
Favorite Album: Ride the Lightning

Magic Coletrain
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Fav song: Blackened
Fav band member: James Hetfield/Kirk Hammett
Fav album: ...And Justice For All

Lord Chabelo
05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
It would be easier to pick a song that I like the least (either Invisible Kid from St. Anger or Through the Never off the Black Album).

You are right, picking the least favorite Metallica song is easy; Mama Said. I absolutely HATE that song. Can't stand it. Heard maybe two or three times and that's enough for an entire lifetime. Just not Metallica at all.

MrGuitarZombie
05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Songs: Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Fade to Black, For Whom the Bells Tolls, The Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy

Albums: Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All

Member: Cliff Burton, best bassist to ever live

Mycatisbigfoot
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
1. Master of puppets (the song), the unforgiven, Sad but True, One, King nothing,
2. This one is Hard.... I have To say James,
3, Master of puppets, and justice for all, Black Album, Ride the lighting,

SLAYER5175
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
1.fade to black
2.James hetfield
3.Ride the lightning

Quitopa
05-22-2009, 07:18 PM
song: orion
member: robert trujillo
album: master of puppets

Nirumano
05-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Songs: All Nightmare Long, Enter Sandman, One, Suicide and Redemption.. These 4 are my favorites atm

empire1341
05-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Song: Whiplash
Member:Rob (Got 2 of his picks when i saw them in february)
Album: St anger

Come on sonisphere!!!

Bass Slapper94
05-23-2009, 01:56 PM
1. Battery

2. Cliff Burton - Best Bassist in the history of Rock n' Roll. Ever...

3. Master of Puppets

I am STRONGLY disagreeing with you there. Don't get me wrong though, he is really good.

edgehead97
05-24-2009, 08:53 PM
song:fuel

band member: lars ulrich

album: st anger

II Limpy II
05-25-2009, 04:08 AM
1. Favourite Song? Its so hard to decide over Orion, To Live Is To Die, Welcome Home(Sanitarium), and Master Of Puppets.

2. Favourite Member? James Hetfield, but Cliff was the most inspirational man I've ever heard of.

3. Favourite Album? I would say Master of Puppets overall, but Kill 'em All was sure one fast album that you can't not love, Ride The Lightning was amazing too, and ...And Justice For All was a solid album too.

FieLdHouZ
05-25-2009, 04:34 PM
1. What's your favorite Metallica song? Dyer's Eve, Orion

2. Who's your favorite Metallica band member? Lars Ullrich

3. What's your favorite Metallica Album? Master of Puppets

It's hard to decide if it's James or Lars.

GrieveNoMore
05-29-2009, 01:43 PM
1. What's your favorite Metallica song? Battery, Fuel (Ohhhhh Yeahh-heh)

2. Who's your favorite Metallica band member? James

3. What's your favorite Metallica Album? MOP

Tommyq1976
05-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Hmmm...

Song: Live - (Misfits cover I know) Last Caress, Studio - Creeping Death
Band Member: Robert Trujillo

afunk117
06-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Im not a mettalica fan but the only song i like from them is Enter sandman

Tommyq1976
06-02-2009, 03:49 PM

I hear that a lot, always Sandman or Nothing Else Matters! IMO there's far better stuff in their earlier catalogue

InitiatedFan
06-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Metallica is my third favorite band in the world and these are my favorites.

Song: Mercyful Fate

Album: Garage Inc

munkyface123
06-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Song: Fight Fire With Fire

Member: Cliff Burton

adriano28
06-03-2009, 06:34 AM
1. king nothing/fuel

2. james hetfield/robert trujilo

3. master of puppets

FieLdHouZ
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I hear that a lot, always Sandman or Nothing Else Matters! IMO there's far better stuff in their earlier catalogue

Those songs are publications. So everybody knows them.

Burning Pandama
06-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Hell I'm a huge MetallicA fan, and always have been. Though out my life I been listing to MetallicA and have to say Old School MetallicA will always be the best. Tons of thier Old school songs breaking #1 on the charts in the 1990's and now all the metallica fans get to play their favorite songs again, yet alone bringing new fans in the crowd. The band staying together *besides the bassest* all these years staying strong. Now making a great game Guitar Hero MetallicA!!
I'm not here to give a essay on metallica I just have 3 questions for all the Metallica fans out there. Please just number 1-3 with your answers. This should be a fun poll for all of us. I'm also curious on how many people are Metallica Fans.

My Answers...
1. Fade to Black
2. Kirk Hammet
3.The Black Album

Thanks for your time. Enjoy the game and the most of all the Music!

1. No Leaf Clover
2. Cliff Burton
3. ...And Justice for all

kevinbeck12713
06-04-2009, 02:00 AM
1. So hard to choose, Tie between No Remorse and The Shortest Straw.
2. Lars Ulrich
3. ...And Justice For All

Dazz
06-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Nothing Else Matters (also favourite song of all time)
James Hetfield (the reason I picked up a guitar and wanted to be a rhythm guitarist and vocalist 9 years ago)
...And Justice For All

Aussie27Legend
06-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Song: Fade to Black just ahead of Shortest Straw

Member: James Hetfield just ahead of Kirk Hammett

Album: Ride the Lightning just ahead of Master of Puppets

daenius
06-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Song: Fight Fire With Fire / Orion

Member: Cliff Burton (just listen to his basslines, my god I'm getting goosebumps everytime I hear him play...) / Kirk Hammett

Album: Kill 'Em All / Master Of Puppets

Aaronc281
06-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Song: No way i could choose a single one but probably Disposable Heroes!!

Member: Cliff Burton R.I.P

Album: KIll 'Em All right through to ...And Justice for All

BrAin PuNch3r
06-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Song: Dyers Eve/Welcome Home(Sanitarium)
Member:Lars Ulrich cuz he is a money maker
Albume:Master of Puppets

BrAin PuNch3r
06-12-2009, 05:21 AM

Then y r u in this forum if u dont like Metallica? Seriously....

itb72
06-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Fav Metallica song: Sanitarium (Welcome Home) - the best intro to a song ever with dual guitars, and flashy lead work courtesy of Kirk Hammett. it was also the song that made me into a Metallica fan.
Fav Metallica member: James Hetfield - for his wicked sense of humor and awesome stage presence.
Fav Metallica album: Garage Inc. - Disc 1 is full of awesome covers and Disc 2, is full of classic old school Metallica all the way.

Dazz
06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Then y r u in this forum if u dont like Metallica? Seriously....

What's even more ironic is that Enter Sandman is their most popular song and known song. I see your point though, is kinda dumb, it'd be like me posting on the TNA Impact section when I've hated that company's bullshit since December 2004, there's no point if you don't like it.

Murkage
06-12-2009, 04:53 PM
1) One
2) James
3) Ride the Lightning

DeATHMaGNETIC25
06-13-2009, 10:17 AM
1. Orion - Master Of Puppets
2. Robert Trujillo
3. Master Of Puppets

Metallica!!!

TriRock
06-13-2009, 05:40 PM

Master of Puppets.

James. Lars has mutated over the years into a whiny little wanker. Kinda annoying since my name is Lars as well.

Master of Puppets.

boblosanchez
06-14-2009, 01:11 AM
1. Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, No Leaf Clover, Fade to Black, Whiplash
2. Hetfield and Burton together = god
3. Master of Puppets (but ...And Justice for All is a close second)

Schism
06-17-2009, 10:01 AM
1) Until it Sleeps
2) KIRK!!! HAMMET!!!
3) Ride the Lightning (jam after jam....holy ba-jeezus)

Kahler Hahn
06-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Song: Blackened or Welcome Home (depends on mood)
Member: of course Kirk, coz Lars is just a shithead, James a crybaby (should never have seen some kind of monster) and that new Bass Player has just terrible on stage presence.
Album: Master of puppets

RickyI
06-21-2009, 08:43 AM
1) Wherever I May Roam
2)James!
3)Master Of Puppets obviously!

Crimson Ridley
06-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Favourite song: Really hard to decide, but I listen to Fade To Black the most, so let's say that.

Favourite band member: James, followed closely by Kirk.

Favourite album: Again, really hard to decide, so I'll say Ride The Lightning.

Favourite song to play on the game: Hit The Lights.

zimzvm
06-21-2009, 06:12 PM
song --- Harvester Of Sorrow
member --- Jaymz
album --- Master Of Puppets & ...And Justice For All (both are incredible)

MitsEvo
06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Song: King Nothing/ The day that never comes

Member: James hetfield

Album: Death Magnetic

I do like their old stuff too btw ;)

Dirtnose
06-26-2009, 08:28 AM
1 - One, or Master of Puppets hard to choose, there all amazing songs tbh

2 - James Hetfield

3 - ...And Justice for All

ThaFireman
06-27-2009, 03:54 AM
St. Anger or Frantic

James

Master of Puppets

Vyper666
06-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Lars has mutated over the years into a whiny little wanker.

Couldn't agree with you any more

1. Ooh I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I don't think I could possible pick a song however. But at the moment I'll have to go with Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

2. Kirk Hammet. I just love each and every one of his solo's. The guy truly is an inspiration to me and I one day aspire to be like him (doubt it:p)

3. I'll have to go with The Black Album/Master of Puppets

wolvieware
06-29-2009, 10:16 AM
I've really got into Death Magnetic. The more I listen to it the more it grows on me, and now I think its my favourite of all the Metallica albums. It perhaps doesn't have an amazing stand out song, such as Enter Sandman or One, but it has an overall quality to it, with no duff song. On all the other albums, there's always a few songs I'm not keen on.

I'd say Garage Inc probably my second favourite album.

timytim
07-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Song: No Leaf Clover/Stone Cold Crazy

Album: S&M/Garage Inc.

rican ninja89
07-09-2009, 06:17 AM
song : Ride the Lightning

Member: Evryone- its a good balance

Blue Radium
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
1. ...And Justice for All
2. Kirk
3. Ride the Lightning

EDIT: timytim, Metallica did not write Stone Cold Crazy. Although they should cover it.

Ripley 92
07-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Song: Creeping Death/Dyer's Eve
Member: James

swann5150
07-12-2009, 06:11 AM
1. Fade to Black
2. Kirk
3. Puppets

EDIT: timytim, Metallica did not write Stone Cold Crazy. Although they should cover it.

Umm... They did. If that comment was sarcasm, my apologies - my sarcasm filter must not be working properly today. :)

TheBadBannana
07-12-2009, 10:02 AM
1.Hmm,hard choice but I'm going with Wherever I May Roam
2.Lars
3.Master of Puppets

TehFrozenFire
07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
1. Fight Fire With Fire
2. James Hetfield
3. Master of Puppets

timytim
07-13-2009, 05:49 AM

they did cover it in the garage inc. album

Yunder
07-13-2009, 06:12 AM
1. Dyer's Eve/Orion

2. Lars Ulrich (even though he's a biyotch)

1. ...And Justice for All/Master of Puppets

Blue Radium
07-15-2009, 11:58 AM
they did cover it in the garage inc. album
Ahhh, I stand corrected. I actually don't own Garage Inc, so I wasn't aware of their cover. :p But does a cover count as "one of their songs?"

Mazzz0r
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Song: S&M Battery
Member: James

timytim
07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Ahhh, I stand corrected. I actually don't own Garage Inc, so I wasn't aware of their cover. :p But does a cover count as "one of their songs?"

probly not but they did add the f word twice and changed a few lyrics

institutions
07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Song: No Leaf Clover, Nothing Else Matters, or The Judas Kiss (imo the only good songs on Death Magnetic is this and the overplayed The Day That Never Comes).

Member: James. I was expecting everyone to say "awh, cliff, omg, best bass player ever, rip rip rip." and stuff like that. He was pretty good, but I don't get the obsession with him. Is it just because he's dead? It seems like artists gain twice as many fans when they pass on. ^That was in no way meant to be disrespectful :) For serious.

Album: The Black Album

kevinbeck12713
07-16-2009, 12:13 AM
song, seek and destroy

member, Kirk. He's pretty chill. Lars is a douche, james is a little socially awkward, rob is tight as shit, but i like kirk better

Album, Kill 'em All

Son of Kyuss
07-18-2009, 04:31 AM
Song: Creeping Death

ricky888iow
07-18-2009, 06:08 PM
1 seek and destroy

2 dave mustaine

3 kill em all

kevinbeck12713
07-19-2009, 06:39 PM
1 seek and destroy

2 dave mustaine

3 kill em all

Dave Mustaine is not a member of Metallica. He never recorded an album with them.

ricky888iow
07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Dave Mustaine is not a member of Metallica. He never recorded an album with them.

yes he did it called No Life 'til Leather dave made metallica for wot it is today people only saw metallica back in 81 to 83 to see dave mad guitar skills and that how they got signed to Megaforce Records so that is that dave got kick out a week they was going to do kill em all because he got drunk all the time and keep having fights the end

kevinbeck12713
07-20-2009, 05:03 PM
yes he did it called No Life 'til Leather dave made metallica for wot it is today people only saw metallica back in 81 to 83 to see dave mad guitar skills and that how they got signed to Megaforce Records so that is that dave got kick out a week they was going to do kill em all because he got drunk all the time and keep having fights the end

No life 'till leather is a demo. Not an album. He is not a member of metallica, he was, but he Is NOT

Robert Trujillo
08-12-2009, 03:59 PM
St. Anger

Robert Trujillo (duh)

St. Anger

Jester0700
08-14-2009, 03:41 AM
Song: Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Member: Hetfield

Justin Case
08-14-2009, 06:46 AM
1. I Disappear [Am I the only person who loves this song? lol]

2. James Hetfield

3. Master of Puppets

X King Damian X
08-16-2009, 09:42 AM
1. Fight Fire With Fire / Damage Inc. / Broken Beat & Scarred

2. Kirk Hammet hands down

3. Ride The Lightning

Chris666
08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Song: Almost all from the first five albums.

Member: Cliff Burton (R.I.P.)! James, Lars and Jason until '94. Never really liked Kirk, sorry... (but he plays awesome solos!)

Jemocasa
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Favourite song: One
Favourite member: Kirk Hammet
Favourite album: Master of Puppets

achievementjockey
08-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Song: Enter Sandman/King Nothing

Sentyu
09-02-2009, 04:19 PM
1. The Day that never comes
2. James Hetfield
3. Death Magnetic (though i love the rest)

May I Stalk U
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
1. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) / Orion

2. Lars Ulrich

3. Ride The Lightning

Kreger51
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
1-Master of Puppets
2-Lars Ulrich
3-Master of Puppets

Lovy4
10-12-2009, 12:47 AM

Blackened

James

3. What's your favorite Metallica

. . .And Justice for All

SteroidalEagle
10-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Song: One/Welcome Home
Member: Lars
Album: ...And Justice for All/Reload

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
10-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Song: Master of Puppets/Cyanide/Wherever I may Roam

Member: Lars Ulrich (Guitarist/Bassist)

Album: Upped by Revolt

Ninja x360a
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Battery

Cliff

Black Album

Bag o Beefcake
12-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Song: Draw between Master of Puppets and Leper Messiah. Band Member: James Hetfield (see tags gamerpic) album:Master of Puppets

Go metallica!

Afro Ninja
12-26-2009, 10:27 PM
1. Ride The Lightning
2. Dave Mustaine or Cliff Burton
3. Ride The Lightning

Afro Ninja
12-26-2009, 10:30 PM
No life 'till leather is a demo. Not an album. He is not a member of metallica, he was, but he Is NOT
Ricky is right.

Dave is my favorite because wrote the intro to my favorite Metallica song, "Ride The Lightning", and he wrote other good Metallica songs such as "The Four Horsemen", "Jump in the Fire", "Phantom Lord", "Metal Militia", and other songs I forgot the names of.

I'm happy they kicked him out though because if they didn't, then there wouldn't be a Megadeth!

XxFrAsZeRxX
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Favorite Song: Dyers Eve

Favorite Member: James Hettfield

Favorite Album: ...And Justice For All

I saw them live at MSG 11/14/09 and it was the best concert I've ever been too!!!:rock:rock:rock

Fully Avenged
01-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Metallica are undoubtably my favourite band. Saw them Live last year in London and they blew every other band I've ever seen out of the water. [Which is saying a lot - I've seen a LOT of bands. :P] Anyway...

Favourite Song: After a long discussion with myself [LOL] I narrowed it down to either My Friend of Misery [Love the Bassline, I've played it so many times I lost count] or Wherever I May Roam [Also played it too many times for my own good. Sitar intro = Epic? xD]

Favourite Member: Saddened to see that [As far as I saw] Nobody has mentioned him yet [Edit on this, DarthMalice also put Newsted. Good work Malice. ;)] but Newsted is arguably my favourite member to ever exist in Metallica. Sure, I'll get slated by all the Burton fans out there for saying this, but in my honest opinion, Newsted was a far more intrinsic and formidable Bass player than Burton or Truijilo.

Favourite Album: This is a tough one for me. I'm gonna have to say either Master of Puppets or Load.

Squirrels
01-23-2010, 01:24 AM
1. What's your favorite Metallica song? Orion

2. Who's your favorite Metallica band member? Cliff

3. What's your favorite Metallica Album? Master of Puppets

MrBubbles x360a
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Favorite Song - Master Of Puppets
Band Member - Cliff
Favorite Album - Ride The Lightning

Despite all my favorites being from the early years i still love later Metallica too.

MrBubbles x360a
02-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Song: Master of Puppets/Cyanide/Wherever I may Roam

Member: Lars Ulrich (Guitarist/Bassist)

Album: Upped by Revolt

"Upped by Revolt"? We are talking about Metallica right?

lordopus99
02-27-2010, 06:04 PM
1. One
2. All the same to me

frogcrazyant
03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
1. Dyer's Eve or their cover of Turn the Page or Astronomy. (look up Astronomy its not that well known).
2. James Hetfield.
3. I cant choose. I love all of their albums. yes. ALL OF THEM.

CHr0mE RaNgE
03-03-2010, 12:35 AM
hit the lights

Kirk

kill em all

GreenGuy424
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Song: King Nothing
Member: Hammet
Album: St. Anger

SolariStar
04-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Favorite song(s):
Orion, Suicide and Redemption, and Mercyful Fate (Mercyful Fate cover medley)

Member(s):
All the same to me.

Album(s):
Death Magnetic/Ride the Lightning/Garage Inc.

Batm92
04-02-2010, 06:05 AM
1. One
2. Kirk Hammet

SPYAGE
04-10-2010, 05:38 AM
"Upped by Revolt"? We are talking about Metallica right?

lol also last I checked, Lars was the drummer.

song: Although I love almost every song on their first 5 albums, my favorite 2 just so happen to be in succession on it's respective album. Leper Messiah and Orion.

member: Lars or Cliff

album: Master of Puppets

Gambit3rd
04-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I like a lot Nothing Else Matters and Master Of Puppets.

I have not a preferred album but I like the most S&M DVD. That's really huge.

xRadiantSiren
04-24-2010, 09:01 AM
fade to black

james (:

SirCarlox1511
05-07-2010, 03:09 AM
1. No Leaf Clover
2. James
3. Ride The Lightning

DOOKH8R
05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Fade To Black (studio) Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth (Live)
Cliff Burton
Ride the Lightning

AmazingBowler
05-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Favorite song: One and Master of Puppets
Favorite member: James Hetfield
Favorite album: Master of Puppets (...And Justice For All is a close second)

Ichigo2166
06-11-2010, 03:14 AM
...And Justice For All

Hand of Blood52
09-13-2010, 07:40 AM
1. Wherever I May Roam

2. Lars

exodusmonkey
09-26-2010, 03:29 PM
1 jump in the fire

2 dave mustaine

3 kill em all

Dad_Is_A_Zombie
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
1. Master of Puppets (saw them open with it live in '87, been a fan since)

2. Newsted (had the guts to trade the money for self respect)

3. Master of Puppets (basically the band's peak in terms of credibility)

AFMA
12-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Song: Harvester of Sorrow

Member: Lars Ulrich

Album: ...And Justice for All

CID302
12-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Song: To Live Is To Die, Hit the Lights, The Outlaw Torn (S&M)

Member: Lars

CXZOMBIE1980
06-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Orion. Burton-

Keanu Keen
07-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Creeping Death
James Hetfield
And Justice for All

Spade.
08-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Song: Blackened
Member: Tough... Hammett. Best guitarist ever.
Album: ...And Justice For All

psyhcoaid
07-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Favorite song - St. Anger
Favorite member - Robert Trujillo
Favorite Album - Master of Puppets

STILLBORN
07-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Favorite Song - Creeping Death

Favorite Album - Ride The Lightning

Favorite Member - Dave Mustaine ( greatest metal guitarist ever)

Codpoke
12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
The Shortest Straw off ...And Justice For All is my all time favourite track, not just Metallica either.

James Hetfield is awesome, all of them are really, but James does make me laugh.

...And Justice For All is definitely my favourite album, but all of their albums are awesome in their own ways, though why they wrote Load and Reload predominantly in E flat standard I'll never know.

Im Blackened
03-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Song: Hard to choose, but probably Damage Inc. at the moment

Member: Jason Newsted

Longhorns73
07-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Fade to Black
James Hetfield & Jason Newsted (looking forward to new "Newsted" album)
Ride the Lightning & ..and Justice For All

The Lone Nomad
07-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Favorite Song: Nothing Else Matters
Favorite Member: Kirk Hammett

harry107
02-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Person:James or Kirk
Song:Welcome Home (sanitarium)
Album:St.Anger

NickyMan117