PDA

View Full Version : Uk Console Deals + Advice Please

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
My console seems to be heading towards its end.

It started with a disc drive error where it would take 10 minutes to read a disc after NXE but it appeared to fix itself.

A week or two later this started where I would be playing a game and the console would turn off, the TV black and the console flashing 2 red lights.

I found that this was the console over heating and after a few times of this the power brick had a red light where I had to unplug it and start up again.

Since then even 10 mins after turning the console on it would do this overheating thing. Now its unplayable and I can only sit on the dashboard or watch DVD's, not even arcade games last 5 minutes now.

So now Im looking to get advice on what to do or to either buy a new console.
Ive had the console for 2-3 years and with the extended RROD warrenty I can still get it fixed but they dont cover this problem.

So im looking for opinions or if anyone knows how to fix this problem. Should I look to fix it, pay for a new console or pay Microsoft to fix it?

Looking at bundles and I would like to create my own bundle if I could but havent seen any so not to sure what to do now....

Need some advice and opinions please!

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
I think Game does some different deals depending on the store etc but not to sure if they offer a choice of what your after kind of thing.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Anyone work in game or gamestation that knows of any deals or whether or not I can create a bundle?

X monkfish69 X
04-04-2009, 09:53 AM
I dont think you can create a bundle as such. What you can probably do is to take the bundle they offer and then trade in whatever game(s) they offer you, but they will probably give you a shite price in Game and a better price in Gamestation. They are both the same company/group now so go figure. Most places are offering the console with Halo Wars or Resident Evil 5 or Need for Speed Undercover or a combination of 2 of those games.

If you are going to get a new console, expect to see the Elite out of stock in most places now. I was going to get one yesterday, but nowhere in Bluewater had one ! No-one has a stock of the 120gig HDD's now either. Seems there is some sort of mass shortage of them.

The other route you can go down is to contact Microsoft and tell them you have a fault and see what they say. But seeing as you haven't got the three red lights, they might well have to charge you for the repair. If you can somehow get a 3 red lights though..... you may get away with a repair under warranty, and also a new warranty upon return of your console.

Good luck though whatever route you take.

Contrah
04-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I'd go to gamestation. They have some great deals.. or even Amazon.

Bearded Bugs
04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I've always found Play.com to be awesome for game prices and delivery etc... but not sure about consoles, I think they do quite a range of consoles though, so check that out. :)

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah have tried those options already but will phone microsoft to see what they think although today I have been able to play a bit of Ultimate Teams without a problem which is crazy after recent problems but will still find out.

I want to get a 120GB HD anyway so may be tempted to trade this console in whatever.

Was thinking about asking Game if I could exchnage RESI as I already have it for another game in the RESI console deal they have atm but not sure what they would say. Would preferably get Hawx in exchange.

[Waggly Bean]
04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
If you are going to get a new console, expect to see the Elite out of stock in most places now. I was going to get one yesterday, but nowhere in Bluewater had one ! No-one has a stock of the 120gig HDD's now either. Seems there is some sort of mass shortage of them.

Wasn't there some talk recently (or some news posted) that Microsoft wanted to phase out the more expensive Elites in favour of pushing the 60Gb models?