PDA

View Full Version : a lil help with a money stealing gamer

Lil Miss Death
04-02-2009, 08:45 PM
hi guys i could really do with some help there is a guy tryiing to take money off of me not gonna tell to much as i need to sort this out is there anyway of finding someones gamertag if you got there e-mail add again i really need help with this thank you xx

fugitivetoby31
04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I dont think you can search for a gamertag using someone email addy. Only way to find a gamer is if you know their gamertag.
However if whatever is happening to you is illegal (which it sure sounds like it is) then I'm sure if you passed the info onto the Police they could track the person either directly via their email addy or they could contact m$ to find their gamertag.

You dont give many details but not sure how anyone can take money from you if you dont know them (you dont know their GT) and why do you want their GT anyway, surely avoiding them is a better option isnt it?

Anyway whatever is going on I hope you get it sorted.

Lil Miss Death
04-03-2009, 10:54 AM
its a e-bay thing lol

Wehttam
04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
If you add the persons .net account to your windows live contact list then go onto xbox live and sign in to messenger it gives a list of people who are on your windows live list and shows their gamertags and asks if you want to f/r them.

Boggled
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
If you add the persons .net account to your windows live contact list then go onto xbox live and sign in to messenger it gives a list of people who are on your windows live list and shows their gamertags and asks if you want to f/r them.

Damn thats a slick idea I never thought of that, nice feature too

Contrah
04-03-2009, 02:13 PM

That's a pretty neat idea.

gamerguy69
04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
its a e-bay thing lol

So why not keep this an eBay thing? :confused:

I, for one, have my eBay and Xbox LIVE accounts using separate e-mail addys. How do you know this person hasn't done the same thing. Xbox requires a Windows LIVE ID whereas eBay just required an e-mail address and credit card when you initially register on there.

Wouldn't that person need to accept your "add" request on their messenger first?

Wehttam
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
So why not keep this an eBay thing? :confused:

I, for one, have my eBay and Xbox LIVE accounts using separate e-mail addys. How do you know this person hasn't done the same thing. Xbox requires a Windows LIVE ID whereas eBay just required an e-mail address and credit card when you initially register on there.

Wouldn't that person need to accept your "add" request on their messenger first?
Yeah you don't know if it is a different email address or not so you would have to add them and see. Im not sure if they have to accept you but they probably do. You should be able to do it though because im sure most people on messenger just accept requests if they dont know the person then ask them who they are.

Simzo
04-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Shouldn't you report this guy to the e-Bay staff and they can sort him out?

Jdm
04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
If it's related to eBay, then you'll have to take it up with them. I'm sure they can resolve your problems.