PDA

View Full Version : Is there an easy way to 65k Stone Cold Crazy

xesx StarFox
04-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I just wanted to know if there are any tricks you can use for this achievement.

Itsbrown4606
04-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm holding out for another video like there was for Mike Checka in WT. If it can be done with GH:WT's shitty vocals, this should be no problem.

good ol boy366
04-03-2009, 01:30 AM
tomorrow i'm gonna try to use the midi file from the stickied mic checka achievement guide in the wt forums on the free-form parts and sing it on medium because that's all i'm good enough at to hold a combo....i'll let y'all know how it goes.

XI M4SS4CRE IX
04-03-2009, 03:33 AM
i hope there is a easy way cos this song is rather hard

crypticriver
04-03-2009, 04:02 AM
yea i really need to know this as well i beat it on expert with like 8,000 points lol

Capoland
04-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Well, i just got the achievement a little while ago, and i did it on medium. All i can say to help is just make sure you have at least 30K after the second freeform section and have 50-55k after the last one. Then you should be able to finish with 65k, but it will be very close.

On one of my tries i got 64.6K. It pissed me off so much.

Crimson Ridley
04-03-2009, 07:15 AM
I sing like a duck, which isn't very good, so I need this achievement to be easy. Like Brown said, we need another video! :p

Bruk
04-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Practice the song over and over, activate star power at the near end of the freeform sections, mess around with the calibration, and find what method works best for freeform. I ended up going WOOOOOO-OOOOOO and raising my pitch up whenever the guitar sounds changed to get 4-5x every time.

Aberrant Simon
04-03-2009, 09:43 AM
The achievement is really hard because the singing system on GH sucks so much!

YoQ 11
04-04-2009, 02:04 AM
I used this video: YouTube - Stone Cold Crazy 1st place on expert vocals

Since my computer speakers suck, I had to go through a short process to put it on my phone to use it's speakers. It took me about 20 tries to sync it right and on hard I ended up with about 68,000 points.

Crimson Ridley
04-04-2009, 12:23 PM
The video works? YES YES YES OH GOD YES MMMMMMMM YYEEEEESSS!!

Man: I'll have what he's having! ^

Looks like when I get this game, that'll be one less achievement to worry about. :p

Now, we need to delete April from the calender, no one likes April anyway, it's all about the May!

God I hate England... I also hate burnt toast, but that's a story for another day.

xesx StarFox
04-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I tried to do it with that video and only got 45,000 points with a 90% rating on Expert. Any suggestions ?

Motrahtox
04-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I tried this for a good part of an hour or more trying different difficulties and Im pretty confident it was synced up correctly and just like the previous poster only got about 49,000 tops.

deviantial
04-04-2009, 10:49 PM
I tried this for a good part of an hour or more trying different difficulties and Im pretty confident it was synced up correctly and just like the previous poster only got about 49,000 tops.

Can someone tell me how exactly to do this?

This song is really bugging me as well, and I know I will never be able to beat it, so how exactly do you use that video to beat the song?

Psychotopia
04-05-2009, 02:49 AM
It's all about squeezing your activations. Activate SP exactly when he activates, or you'll never make the cut-off.

xesx StarFox
04-05-2009, 04:18 AM
what do you mean by synced up. to what ? and how do you do it ?

Bl°°dwolf
04-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Starfox, in case you haven't noticed it yet, your .png does not work on these boards...

TwistedFate
04-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Starfox, in case you haven't noticed it yet, .png's do not work on these boards...

ahem. Your signature disagrees.

http://www.xboxamerica.com/cards/fatgamebar/bloodwolf0013.png

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bloodwolf0013.png

Bl°°dwolf
04-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Shhh.. I was threadjacking. I fixed it ;)

xesx StarFox
04-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Hell yeah ! Just got this son of a gun . Synced the video up perfectly with the TV, used starpower when the guy in the video did and ended up with 68,945 points on HARD. :woop:

deviantial
04-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Hell yeah ! Just got this son of a gun . Synced the video up perfectly with the TV, used starpower when the guy in the video did and ended up with 68,945 points on HARD. :woop:

Alright, you were asking as well how to do this a few posts back. How did you figure out how to do it? Could you please write a step-by-step guide on how to do it? I know I will never achieve this and if you could help that would be a godsend. Thank you! :D

Or by sync do you just mean, start the video on the computer at the same time as the game? Is it that simple? Sorry. xD

ReckoningDayX
04-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I tried syncing it up with my computer and it doesn't seem to work. I got 30k on hard or so. Hardly any excellent's just a lot of solid's and averages. Not sure how you do it...

MkMaster13
04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Its impossible!!!!!!
Ive been trying for 4 hours straight and im going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

vmu
04-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Its impossible!!!!!!
Ive been trying for 4 hours straight and im going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

stone cold crazy?

MkMaster13
04-06-2009, 01:09 AM
stone cold crazy?
very much so...
:(

deviantial
04-06-2009, 01:22 AM
I've been using the video on hard and so far my closest is 60,000! I think I can get it. :D

Bl°°dwolf
04-06-2009, 02:30 AM
too bad my xbox is in a different room than my computer, or I'd give this cheap method a try.

BURNER112181
04-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Yes there is. I went to you tube and found the video of the kid getti like 75k on expert 5 stars try to sync up ur game with his and use ur desktop speakers on loud. I got 67k using this trick, iknow its cheating but i don't give a hell. i could only get 58k on medium by myself so i stooped low. this is the first time ive really cheated to get an achievement. GH2 1000 GH3 1000 GH aerosmith 1000 GH World Tour 1000 and now Metallica 970 any tips on Fight Fire With Fire?

deviantial
04-06-2009, 04:00 AM
Yes there is. I went to you tube and found the video of the kid getti like 75k on expert 5 stars try to sync up ur game with his and use ur desktop speakers on loud. I got 67k using this trick, iknow its cheating but i don't give a hell. i could only get 58k on medium by myself so i stooped low. this is the first time ive really cheated to get an achievement. GH2 1000 GH3 1000 GH aerosmith 1000 GH World Tour 1000 and now Metallica 970 any tips on Fight Fire With Fire?

That's what I'm doing, but I just can't seem to get it. I always get a solid on the section right before the last freeform. It just doesn't wanna let me get it... closest I've gotten is 61.8k

deviantial
04-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Well I tried 50+ times but I still can't beat my score of 61.8k. If anyone has any tips that would be great.

Bl°°dwolf
04-06-2009, 10:36 AM
more volume.

Crimson Ridley
04-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Put your Vocals and Mic on max and lower your other sounds to 0.

Turn your laptop/PC speakers all the way up, but be warned that too much volume could make it impossible to hear the lyrics properly, so the game will also have trouble.

Also, when I got Mike Checka, I didn't have it perfectly synced, it was slightly off, not sure if it would make a difference but whatever. :p

Bofur
04-06-2009, 04:22 PM
There's too much interference from all the other instruments when I try to do this. Is there any way to stop that, or am I doing something wrong? I have the volume CRANKED!

missy kitty
04-06-2009, 08:57 PM
or better yet, someone could make a MIDI of the vocal track for the song!

deviantial
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Put your Vocals and Mic on max and lower your other sounds to 0.

Turn your laptop/PC speakers all the way up, but be warned that too much volume could make it impossible to hear the lyrics properly, so the game will also have trouble.

Also, when I got Mike Checka, I didn't have it perfectly synced, it was slightly off, not sure if it would make a difference but whatever. :p

I don't think putting the vocals and mic to max will really make a difference, since the speakers on my computer at that point highly overshadow the TV. And I turned my speakers to max, but then I think it's like what you said, that the lyrics are not heard properly. I tried syncing it 50+ times and I got it right many of those times, however it would always screw up at the part before the last freeform. If I could have gotten that I'm sure it would've worked but no dice. ;(

Crimson Ridley
04-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Have you tried changing difficulties? Or maybe mics? When I got Mike Checka I was using a wireless Xbox 360 headset, and I heard a lot of people had trouble with the standard one.

Then again, I'm sure you're using the actual mic and they'd probably be the best.

All you can do is keep trying, and hope you get a stroke of luck. :)

deviantial
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Have you tried changing difficulties? Or maybe mics? When I got Mike Checka I was using a wireless Xbox 360 headset, and I heard a lot of people had trouble with the standard one.

Then again, I'm sure you're using the actual mic and they'd probably be the best.

Well I'm doing it on hard, I tried expert a couple times but it doesn't seem to work as well I don't think. And I doubt I'd be able to get a high enough score on medium.

And yep, I'm using the guitar hero mic.

itsbulmer
04-06-2009, 11:16 PM

Don't do expert.

missy kitty
04-06-2009, 11:59 PM
yea im having the same problems, I sync it and have tried both my rock band mic and wireless headset, but I never even get a 4x multiplier on hard, or even medium!

that's why I said it'd be cool if someone had a midi for it :)

Dack124
04-07-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't even try to match the words. I just hum the pitch. I'm currently trying for that achievement myself..

Crowleyman
04-07-2009, 03:59 AM
I'm gonna have to try the mic sync with the computer. My voice is low, and there's no way I can get the high notes the damn game wants. I'm using a wired headset - I'm sure the actual mic would work better but I don't want to waste the money.

I'm still trying to figure out GH freeform - does the game want a certain pitch, or a changing pitch? It's confusing (to me, anyway).

Itsbrown4606
04-07-2009, 04:13 AM
I'm still trying to figure out GH freeform - does the game want a certain pitch, or a changing pitch? It's confusing (to me, anyway).

Making noise gets you points. Hitting different pitches (7 in all) raises your multiplier. If you can get a decent amount of points, x7 pitch multiplier and hit star power with an x4 combo, you could, in theory, easily get 65k right then and there.

It was possible for Mike Checka, but here... maybe not so much.

Exodist
04-07-2009, 07:32 AM
I'll have to try this one too, I'll never get this one either. Still need to do Mike Checka...

TA Sasuke
04-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I tried this to no avail. I think the problem is my laptop speakers aren't loud enough, or that i use an original 360 mic.

NightListenerUK
04-07-2009, 01:45 PM

I couldn't get it to work with the wired headset (mike checka) so I used the world tour mic and it worked first time.

I haven't tried THIS achievement yet but I definitely will - I have an awesome set of speakers and I got mike checka very quickly so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

For the mic checka vid, the guy went crazy in the freeform sections so we didnt have to - I take it that isnt the case now? Could just load up the two vids and when freeform comes along, play the bit from that guys video

xII Mafia IIx
04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
is this possible on medium because i just got 99% with a score of 57,406 streak 26

Itsbrown4606
04-07-2009, 07:11 PM
is this possible on medium because i just got 99% with a score of 57,406 streak 26

It's unlikely unless you can get loads more points from the Freeforms.

Elestian
04-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Just got the cheev using the video.

I found the most important part really was nailing the free-form sections with star power. I tried to oscillate my voice around a single tone, slowly climbing a scale while building the multiplier. You can get a good 2k per free-form, multiplied by the star power - really adds up.

I used SP once it first built to full, once more with half-full before the end of the first chorus; then using the the SP gained from the WOO and OW, activated on the next free-form; again once more during the chorus, and then saved the rest for the next free-form; then at the last chorus with about 3/4 full and finally right at the last OW thingy.

(I also had an Xbox headset hooked up to my laptop to run the audio track directly into the mic.)

braddelo
04-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I really want to get this to work!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't though...

BURNER112181
04-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Well I tried 50+ times but I still can't beat my score of 61.8k. If anyone has any tips that would be great.

Put your difficulty on hard and u should get it since he's playing on expert thats what i did sorry i forgot to post what difficulty i was on

deviantial
04-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Put your difficulty on hard and u should get it since he's playing on expert thats what i did sorry i forgot to post what difficulty i was on

Yeah, I've been on hard the whole time, unfortunately. Maybe I'll get some new speakers and see if that helps.

BURNER112181
04-09-2009, 01:25 AM
I dont know if my post went up but sync it up on hard on your game u should get it since u can mess up or be off key a little more. And use your star power good make sure u have some for the free forms and be at a X4 so when u rack up points you will get X8 of whatever u racked up in the free form

machonach0
04-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Alright I'm gonna start by saying I've never sat in front of my T.V. for sooooooo.. long, just for 1 achievement. And I hope that these tips can help someone else get it as well. Alright on to the tips.

Obviously you are going to want to know the song pretty well, at least enough to get a 90% or higher on hard. (I got the achievement on hard, I would suggest doing it on hard unless you can actually hit some of the harder phrases on expert.)
Freeforms are the most important things, you are going to need figure out the right pitches for you to come of of each freeform with at least a 4x multiplier. (except the first one as long as you can get at least 1500 points or more on the 1st its not all that important. But the other ones are VERY important.)
Use the 1st freeform part of the song to figure how your going to come off the other 2 with a 4x multiplier. Then you start singing, you should be able to get star power a few phrases into the song, you need to use that as soon as you get it. Then the hard part, You HAVE to hit the part where he says "Stone cold crazy you know" To come off of that with at least a 2x multiplier. Then he does the woooooo. ow. part which should jump you up to a 4x multiplier and you should have star power. then do the freeform, and hit star power right at the end for big points. (if you did not reach 30,000 points or higher after the 2nd freeform then you probably need to restart.)
Then you start singing again go through all the phrases getting as much star power as possible but DON'T use it until the next freeform. At the end of the section he does the "Stone cold crazy you know" again, followed by a "whoooo, hit em hard." The most important part of this is hitting the whoooo, hit em hard. So you come out with a 3x multiplier, (if you hit the stone cold crazy and the whooo hit em hard perfect and come out with a 4x multiplier you will probably get all 65,000 after the next freeform.) If you are like me and can only get out of that part with a 3x multiplier then you should still be in the clear, as long as you have 40,000 points or more after that section.
Now obviously if you have done everything I said before and you have those points then this freeform is now the most important part of the whole song, as long as you get the freeform to give you a x4 multiplier and you use your star power right at the end of it then you should come off it with over 50,000 points. (I had 55,000 when I got the achievement.) Now the last singing section was always my most difficult. But when I got the achievement I still did pretty bad on most of it except the beginning and end. Just hit as many notes as you can and if you get star power again, use it as soon as you get it. If you didnt get the achievement when you beat it and you came of the last freeform with 55,000 points or more then you most likely need to practice the last section. But you should have gotten it if you had those points and those multipliers at the times I put. Also don't forget, you NEED star power for the freeforms.
I hope this helps some of yall trying to get the achievement. I know its not all that much help but it's good to know what you need to be at for each section so your not just pointlessly running through the song. Good Luck.

TA Sasuke
04-09-2009, 06:15 PM
your guide

This is an example of a great post. Well formatted, very clear in what should be done. Now if only i was a better singer -.-

machonach0
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks, but you don't need to be the greatest singer, I hummed the whole thing except the stone cold crazy parts. It's mostly all about hitting the freeforms with multipliers and star power, then being able to get another x4 multiplier off of the freeforms. That is what I had the most trouble with, because sometimes it would just stop giving me points on the freeforms so it took me forever to find the right pitch. It helps to watch some videos of people getting the score and seeing what they do on the freeforms. Also I messed with my calibration A LOT if your not getting good scores on the freeforms then try calibrating. Also if you are struggling with parts of the song then I suggest putting it on expert and trying there for awhile, because when you come back down to hard it seems a lot easier.

Bl°°dwolf
04-09-2009, 08:24 PM
First post

First off, that is indeed a great post. Very well said and formatted for ease of comprehension to the masses.

Second post

As a 'vocalist', I can say that this song is one of the most difficult in the two GH games that have vocals in them. Even with the improvements they made to the vocals in GH:M, this song is still a nightmare.

As for humming, that is what I do for all the vocals in GHWT and GH:M... The vocals are so b0rked in these games I don't bother to try and sing other than some really slow/easy songs like Fade to Black, etc. I gold star almost every song in RB 1 & 2, but the two vocals achievements (mic checka and this one) elude me. I do most excellently in freeform, achieving 4x to 6x in the ones in this song (I've actually gotten 9x in some freeforms in longer songs), used star power most efficiently, but can't hold streaks for shit on this song. It is very aggravating.

I actually sent the game back to gamefly the other day, so I won't be getting this for awhile now. I will buy the game when the price drops sufficiently, but until then...

machonach0
04-09-2009, 08:58 PM
For sure this is a ridiculously hard song. Like I said I never sat in front of my T.V. for so long just for 1 achievement. I started at like 12:00 in the afternoon and got the achievement at 3:00 in the morning. But for most of those hours I was doing the song on expert, the highest score I ever got on expert was 58,000. So I switched to hard and was able to keep a multiplier just a bit easier.

she haunts me
04-10-2009, 11:07 AM
For sure this is a ridiculously hard song. Like I said I never sat in front of my T.V. for so long just for 1 achievement. I started at like 12:00 in the afternoon and got the achievement at 3:00 in the morning. But for most of those hours I was doing the song on expert, the highest score I ever got on expert was 58,000. So I switched to hard and was able to keep a multiplier just a bit easier.

Wow. That took a long time man. I haven't even attempted this achievement yet. I'm dreading it to be honest. Congrats.

CriscoDisco878
04-11-2009, 03:45 AM
i really need help with this. been trying it over and over for the past two days, can anyone help. please message me with any info you have. gt:criscodisco878. also, how does one go about getting this video on his cell phone?

TA Sasuke
04-11-2009, 09:51 AM
i really need help with this. been trying it over and over for the past two days, can anyone help. please message me with any info you have. gt:criscodisco878. also, how does one go about getting this video on his cell phone?

You go to the record feature on your phone and record the audio.

TA Sasuke
04-11-2009, 04:08 PM
just keep trying and you will get it eventually

Umm.... you do realize you made this thread asking for help, right?

SK L4xX
04-11-2009, 04:47 PM
made my day...seriously xD

anyway...this is the last achievement i need and i doubt i'll ever get that...i cant sing for shit and my personal best is 16k...i hate these achieves... i "cheated" mike checka with a youtube vid but i cant get it to work with this one so this is the first rhythm game i don't get full GS...

xesx StarFox
04-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes I do but I was determined to get it and got it. A lot of people are bitching about how hard it is when all you have to do is sync it up properly. So practice it and you will get it. I have super cheap speakers as well.

braddelo
04-13-2009, 02:50 AM
I recommend using cheap speakers because you don't get all of the low end bass and mids, just leaving the more higher pitched vocals.

Itsbrown4606
04-13-2009, 03:39 AM
Yes I do but I was determined to get it and got it. A lot of people are bitching about how hard it is when all you have to do is sync it up properly. So practice it and you will get it. I have super cheap speakers as well.

If I managed Mike Checka with the same speakers I'm trying Stone Cold Crazy with, it should work. Otherwise, the whole Guitar Hero franchise is tipsy-turvy.

Crimson Ridley
04-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Has anyone tried something like this:

YouTube - Queen - Stone Cold Crazy a cappella

I can't get it to work personally, but with a bit of fiddling, it may be possible.

DubaiESP
04-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Holy crap I did it! My last hard achievement (only tutorials, 4vs4 and 20 online match left)

YES, And I did it with my voice, which sucks xD

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq187/DubaiSpanish/100_3643.jpg

Frost392
04-20-2009, 04:29 AM
okay i just have to ask, wtf does Mike Checka mean?

Crimson Ridley
04-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Mike Checka is the name of the achievement on Guitar Hero World Tour, for getting a score of 123,450 or more on the song Beat It.

Frost392
04-20-2009, 05:15 PM
lol oh okay, i only did guitar on that game and then never touched it again, this method of the youtube video doesnt work for me at all, ive synced it up properly and i only get 16k

PE0014
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
I have tried this over and over and so far the best I got was 59,000. I will have to just keep trying. Does anyone have a you tube of expert The Thing That Should Not Be on Vocals? I am terrible at expert and singing in general!!! Thanks for any help

MusePT23
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Will try the video sync later on... I only sang this song twice, the 1st time got 23k the 2nd 21k, both on expert

MusePT23
04-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm so Pissed!!!!!

Tried the video when I got home... 64980!!!!! OMG :(

Will try again tomorrow!!

Trombonafide
04-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Maaan, this is bullshit. I just can't get points on the freeform sections. And I suck at singing on this game. I got 18,000 on Medium.

Mazvai
04-23-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm so Pissed!!!!!

Tried the video when I got home... 64980!!!!! OMG :(

Will try again tomorrow!!

Oh man, that really sucks.. I'm sure you'll be able to nail it later on.

By the way, what difficulty did you try this on? I only got 53k on medium (with 99% notes hit) last nite. I just can't do the freeforms section well. Anyone with tips on the freeform parts? Thanks.

UltraAmoeba
04-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Some people are advising the ones who can't do it to practice syncing the video with the TV until they get it.
Why don't they just spend the time matching the pitch of their voice instead?

MusePT23
04-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh man, that really sucks.. I'm sure you'll be able to nail it later on.

By the way, what difficulty did you try this on? I only got 53k on medium (with 99% notes hit) last nite. I just can't do the freeforms section well. Anyone with tips on the freeform parts? Thanks.

I did it on hard... tried medium also but the best I got was 58k

Let's see it I get it later today

Zee
04-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Maaan, this is bullshit. I just can't get points on the freeform sections. And I suck at singing on this game. I got 18,000 on Medium.
Same, I just can't get the free form sections to work. I got 48k once. I just need to learn how to use it properly on this song. Also, should you use star power right before it ends? Or should you use it at the beginning of the section?

NightListenerUK
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Most i got was 60,000 using the video.

Basically I can get it to 99% it on hard, but it always misses near the end and it cant score as highly in the freeform as he does. So I'm thinking of recording some pitches going up and down and just playing them when the freeform comes along.

cam1burzynski
04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Ok I have done this SEVERAL times using a standard mic and my computer. I have gotten 30k with 91% and its not working. IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME please reply or msg me...

Ok I am doing this on medium like ur suppost to and i use the starpower exactly when your suppost to and the free verses i do ok too. Can someone give me CLEAR information of when to try and sync at the same time? I tried at the very beginning when the line starts (1 sec through the song) If there is anyone that could help me out or give me good tips lemme know because this is just ridiculously a pain!

Soulcrusher RIP
05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Tried mike checka... 113K... SHIT
Tried stone cold... 60K.... HOLY SHIT

Damn, the GH vocals system SUCKS
Got a lot of FCs on RB2 btw

Itsbrown4606
05-05-2009, 12:21 AM
(I also had an Xbox headset hooked up to my laptop to run the audio track directly into the mic.)

Elaborate please.

I have a wireless headset and a RB2 Mic w/ integrated controller.

Iv VeNoM vI
05-05-2009, 12:56 AM
You can use youtube videos and the keynoard thing.

Elendanis
05-06-2009, 04:22 AM
ok so, 2 ways this can be done, 1 be really good at random vocals, 2 hold your mic up to the tv and pray to god

Cheezbrgr
05-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Purr into the mic and it goes up like crazy

Doug x360a
05-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Purr into the mic and it goes up like crazy

tried that it doesnt give u a high enough multiplier to get Stone Cold Crazy

The Newbasaurus
05-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I used the video on the first page and got 76k on hard after 3 tries.

Punisher11292
05-30-2009, 01:49 PM
I got nearly 3k in the first free form section making the wookie noise and changing the pitch. I lol'd.

reficuz
07-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Im gonna try syncing the video when I get home.
Hope it works :)

NightListenerUK
07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
YEEEES!

Finally got it using the video posted in this thread, took ATLEAST 60 tries. Final score was 66k, I'll post a pic of my tv screen later.

It has to be synced perfectly - didn't use any of the online keyboards or my own voice, just purely the video on hard difficulty. I have a good set of speakers though and they were turned up pretty high :)

So happy, 2 achievements left! :D

Kuzan
07-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Finally got it using the video posted in this thread, took ATLEAST 60 tries.

Not trying to sound like an asshole, but wouldn't have it been better to actually try to sing the song 60 times? This achievement is by far the easiest vocal achievement in the GH series.

applepie774
08-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey guys if you're still having syncing problems, pause the video when the marker is at the first line of the vocal track. Then start up the song on the game and when the marker is at the same spot of the line, start up the video. For the freeform sections, sing the notes D#, C, D, F, A#, G in all the freeform sections for maximum points. I got this from http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92446 where they tell you which notes to sing during the freeform of all on disc songs for maximum points. Just play the notes on your piano, keyboard, or online keyboard, memorize the tune, and you can sing the freeform by yourself while the video is doing the rest.

NightListenerUK
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Not trying to sound like an asshole, but wouldn't have it been better to actually try to sing the song 60 times? This achievement is by far the easiest vocal achievement in the GH series.

No because I don't sing full stop, and I'm quite self concious about that kind of stuff - don't worry you didn't sound like an asshole, I just prefer to use this method.

Oh and by 60 tries I don't mean letting it play the whole song, I mean let it sing the first line and if it drops the combo then restart - I still think its 100 times quicker doing it this way.

B4d33nD
08-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Just fucking learn to sing the song.

Guitarr Steve
08-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Achievement whores. Achievement whores.

And I'm having trouble with this myself. What page is the video on? Syncing shouldn't be hard, but I can't find the page. :p

dakisbac
09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Bumpity bump bump with an FC video.

YouTube - Guitar Hero: Metallica - Stone Cold Crazy Expert Vocals FC

Needs to be synced almost perfectly and you need to use SP when he does, or if not, make sure you have some to use on the freeform at least.

Victory Guy
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Freeform sucks dick. I try to do all kinds of shit during it and i get diddly fucking squat.
video doesn't work for me for some reason. Tried to sing it and I realised that singing the actual words doesn't mean half of what freeforming does.

Guitarr Steve
09-19-2009, 01:29 AM
This is the only achievement I still need in this game, and it's fucking pissing me off. Syncing the videos doesn't even work, because once I get to the part near the end where the pitches start to change rapidly in seconds, it always loses the combo and gets Sloppy and Rough on the sections. Seriously, why have a near impossible achievement when Creeping Death, Fight Fire With Fire, and Dyer's Eve were easy as Hell?

applepie774
09-19-2009, 05:04 PM
This is the only achievement I still need in this game, and it's fucking pissing me off. Syncing the videos doesn't even work, because once I get to the part near the end where the pitches start to change rapidly in seconds, it always loses the combo and gets Sloppy and Rough on the sections. Seriously, why have a near impossible achievement when Creeping Death, Fight Fire With Fire, and Dyer's Eve were easy as Hell?

That achievement isn't that hard when you can sync it. Make sure that you use computer speakers and sync the video a little earlier or a little later. I had the same probably at the end of the song where the pitches change rapidly but all you have to do is sync it early or late. Btw, if you can't get 2500-3500 points during the Freeforms, I highly suggest that you work on it.

Guitarr Steve
09-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm going to try this again later, but I need to know some things first. Should I use the FC video that dakisbac just posted, or should I use the original video? Also, should I put it on Medium, Hard, or Expert difficulty?

Guitarr Steve
09-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Just got it using the FC video on Hard, got 75k. :) For those of you that are trying, you have to either sync it perfectly or have the video a little ahead, never have the video behind, and you have to use SP when he uses it but when you're on Hard you won't be able to use it on the second freeform but you should still get 65k+. 1000 on this game now. :)

Tom115
09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
If people want to use a video then it doesn't bother me, I just don't see the point. I used a video to get Mike Checka on my old tag and I felt empty and shallow afterwards. When/IF I ever get this achievement, it'll be through singing it and I'll feel well badass because of it.

t4nd4r
10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Just got it using the FC video recently posted!!!

THANK YOU!

P.S. I did the freeform myself and did A LOT better. 2,000 points or so each time.

TheChupacabra10
10-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I will give this vid a try this time around, the first video i got 55 but never got any closer, might be my computer speakers though, thanks

halfiepint
03-05-2010, 12:45 AM
I haven't succeeded syncing up stone cold crazy yet. Highest I've got is 62000 points. I'm going to try this video.

How I got golden voice, after about 50 tries, is instead of putting the MIC up to the SPEAKERS, put the SPEAKERS up to the MIC. The speakers on the table caused too much vibration and static which made everything "solid" instead of "excellent". Put the mic on your mic stand and hold up the speakers. A pain in the ass when you have to have your other hand free for star power, I know...

Nirumano
03-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I haven't succeeded syncing up stone cold crazy yet. Highest I've got is 62000 points. I'm going to try this video.

How I got golden voice, after about 50 tries, is instead of putting the MIC up to the SPEAKERS, put the SPEAKERS up to the MIC. The speakers on the table caused too much vibration and static which made everything "solid" instead of "excellent". Put the mic on your mic stand and hold up the speakers. A pain in the ass when you have to have your other hand free for star power, I know...

Not everyone has a mic stand! :p I sure don't. Seems like something for people who actually enjoys singing, and why use a video then?

halfiepint
03-07-2010, 02:50 AM
I very much enjoy singing, but these sort of achievements are not enjoyable. They are frustrating. Stone Cold Crazy is a ridiculous song to sing; I'm an expert vocalist and I struggle with this song on medium.

halfiepint
03-07-2010, 03:11 PM
mic stand is essential for voxtaring on rock band games... mine is a craptastic piece of shit one, on amazon for about 20 bucks.

Skyroshroud
03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I've tried to sync heaps of vids, even practiced the song on medium for 3 hours to get it myself and highest I got was 40k.
Free forms piss me off the most because it's random for me, like I will get a good score for one, then stuff the last, or if I get it done good, starpower will have activated accidently too early and I can't use it for the freeforms..

/sigh

Corma
04-15-2010, 02:48 PM
:) Just got it with the first video on medium:

Got a Tool to download the video from Youtube to use with a better player. I got the mp4 file from youtube and played it with zoom player. Makes sync much more easy. The video had to be a little ahead of the game. Don't try to sync the beginning of the video with the game. Hover your mouse over the search bar of zoom player just a little ahead of the first FF section and click on it the right moment.

If the combo keeps up till the second FF you're going to get close. If not, restart. Getting the 65k might take a couple of tries. Sometimes the combo breaks for no reason.

If the sync is fine it's just a matter of star power usage.

Darksheik
06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Guys, can someone repost the initial video? It's no more there..

Edit: Done it. With the most recent video. Just got 66k on my fifth try. Not bad.

zippy100012
07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
i use my guitar (real guitar) for the free forms just by playing the E string from fret 1 all the way to 16 ( when the free form ends) and i usually make around 7k+ by galloping as i go down the fret board.

unkled20
08-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I just got this using the FC video on hard. It only took me about 10-12 tries. I quit the song once I knew it wasn't going to work...most of the time within 30 seconds. Not too bad at all. I finished with 76,174. Thanks to everyone for posting the video and all the tips!!!!! :Bounce:

UJustWanna
02-01-2011, 04:15 PM

This. I sang it myself on medium. Got 69k

kelnoker
02-11-2011, 09:21 PM
i really need a video like the one for mike checka, i honestly can't sing lol plus it's the last achievement that i need to 1000G that game..

N00berz
02-27-2011, 03:24 AM
As an Expert vocalist myself, I honestly think it will be easier if you sing the song yourself. I'm not just saying that because I can sing on Expert neither. Your best bet if you can't sing well is to just play the song on Medium. All you need to know is how the song goes (pitch changes). You don't even need to know the lyrics to be honest, you could just hum (as long as you know when to change your pitch). Medium is charted so easily that you only need to hit a fraction of verses to get 'Excellent'.
As for FreeForm, I suggest singing the lyrics (or at least hum the pitch of how the lyrics should go) because that is honestly how I did it. When a FreeForm came up I just sang "Sleepin' very soundly on a Saturday morning, I was dreaming..." & then shifted my pitch until the multiplier changed. I know it can't be easy for everyone but maybe you'll get luckier trying this than failing to sync up with a video 50 or more times. Dunno. However you attempt to obtain the achievement is completely up to you.
By the way, a great tip is that you do not have to sing loud to get an accurate streak. I honestly sing really low (even whisper) on some parts of this song & it works. Some really good Vocalists on YouTube do it too.
Kudos if you obtain it legit! Good luck!

Cilinder
04-19-2011, 03:17 PM
You don't need to sing, just learn the song's rythm.