PDA

View Full Version : Career tips?

folkster7
04-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I am having a really hard time winning races. Whenever I do manage to get to first place, i always get a cheap crash on nothing or another rider nicks me and i die. I am stuck on the 2nd sweden one right now...and if it only gets harder from here, i don't know how anyone can ever beat this game...it is so cheap. Any tips for making life easier?

Awp666
04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
hmm to be honest i really didnt have a problem with many races.

it all depends what sled your using and what type of race it is, Cross country races you should use one of the long track sleds, snowcross shorttrack sled

anyways are you getting beat off the line? if so try pulling back on the left stick gives your more traction and speed and you will get off the line 1st 95% of the time.

have you upgraded any of your sleds? do you know about the tight turning where you put the weight of the rider on the skis?

all i can think of atm hope this helps, and good luck with the game

folkster7
04-03-2009, 01:39 AM
how do you differentiate between sleds? How do i know which ones are for cross country and which are for snowcross? I don't snowmobile myself so i don't really know much about them.

Awp666
04-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Generally the summit models are the long tracks, but when you go through the garage looking at the sleds, just look at the lengths of them, if its short its a shorttrack sled, if its longer then usual then its a long track sled.

best way to be able to notice this for someone who hasnt snowmobiled or been around them.. Look at the MXZ Adrenaline and then look at the Summit. you should be able to tell the difference after that :P

hope this helps

ProxsimityVirus
07-12-2009, 10:06 PM
i'm using an upgraded mx z renegade 600 and i just can't seem to win the nordic national.
any tips?

idws
09-09-2009, 04:50 AM
This game is hard as shit. I'm on the Sweden race where each lap takes like 2:35. I get to around the 3rd lap and I get wrecked and then I'm automatically in 7th with half a lap left. This game is bullshight.

unkled20
10-25-2009, 12:14 AM
This game is hard as shit. I'm on the Sweden race where each lap takes like 2:35. I get to around the 3rd lap and I get wrecked and then I'm automatically in 7th with half a lap left. This game is bullshight.

Agreed 100%! This game is utter shit! I can't get past that damn race in Sweden either. A lot of people have said this game is cake, well not for me. This game sucks! I am so tired of all the teeny tiny crap that causes me to crash and go from 1st to 6th or 7th in 1 second.

Levex817
11-24-2009, 08:40 AM
The best advice I could give anyone playing this game is to have patience learning how the sleds move around the tracks. Also to not go into the races full steam ahead, you need to sow down a lot going into and out of turns, and also getting to know the tracks a little bit helps as well.

oDD Reflex
12-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd advise to avoid big jumps, either let off the throttle a bit or press A and do a mini-jump right before hitting a ramp. All jumps do is slow you down and leave more room for crash upon landing. You don't need boost anyways b/c if you just pull the Left Stick back its fast enough to sling past AI. Also like someone mentioned, push the stick Left UP and in the direction you want to turn so your weight is shift forward before and during turns.

It's not a hard game but its definatley no "1-time" race wins either. Just know when to apply and when to let off the throttle, I only use the brake when banking sharp turns.

nateeasy
04-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Seems like I either finish first or last. Leaning into your turns def helps a lot.

Frak.Me
05-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Just finished the last achievement. The best advice I can give is to just learn each track. Some gave me lots of trouble at first but once you learn when to avoid big jumps, which turns are trouble, it makes life a lot easier to finish in first. The only real problem then is getting trashed by another rider.

HalfEVILmonkey
11-12-2010, 01:28 AM
I just posted a new thread before I saw this thread (sorry mods), but I will go ahead and post my tips here. Nothing really earth-shattering or anything that hasn't been covered elsewhere, but hopefully these tips will help others looking to do the game as fast as possible for the 1000 gamerscore:

I am about 2/3rds through the career, and like many others in the forum, I was also having a lot of trouble at first. Now that I have been winning more regularly (although certainly not on the first try most times since I need to see the course first), I can give a few tips below that may assist others with this game:

(1) Go into options and change the camera angle to the farthest away 3rd person view. I found this to be a lot of help because you can get a little more time to see the turns coming up and adjust your speed and angle accordingly. At first, I was using the default closer-in third person view and felt like you don't get enough time to adjust your speed and angle.

(2) Don't just mash on the gas all the time during races. You will either lose control in a turn and spin out or crash, or you end up taking unnecessary jumps that can be avoided. In general, when I hit a jump, I let up on the gas immediately to better control the landing and get going again full throttle. Make your jumps as short as possible so you can get back on the ground and moving. There were several instances in races where the AI opponent was ahead of me, made a huge jump, and I did a small jump and overtook the opponent.

(3) Turning is the hardest part of the game and take your time with it. Using the left thumbstick to control your body's positioning helps a lot. Push up-left and up-right with the left thumbstick through turns to give it that extra cornering ability. You can cut off two or three opponents ahead of you if you take the turn tighter. If you have a very sharp turn coming up, tap the left trigger as you gas through the turn, and you will do a quick slide through the corner. Be careful not to press the left trigger too long though, or you will spin out your sled and slow down.

(4) Use the right sled for the right track. For the Hill Crosses, use the best/upgraded Summit models. For the snow crosses, use the short MX/Adrenaline type sleds to get better maneuverability. You really don't need to upgrade your sleds early on. I did so early on because I thought I needed to in order to win, but I was losing early because I was just not controlling the sled properly. As you get later in the game, the challenge ramps up slightly, and if you already have your $50,000 achievement, go ahead and spend away.

(5) Be sure to choose your driver carefully. I found the driver with the average stats to be...well...average. Choose someone with good stamina and you will see a slight difference in the control quality, especially in longer races. Also, when going for the various stunt achievements, wait until you get a mid-range 800+ M X short track sled and then go into Single Race with Jack Yapp (he has the best strength and ferocity ratings). Using that character and even just a middling sled will nab you every stunt achievement. I can't take credit for this tip, as an FYI. Someone else in these threads (KILLSHOT666) was kind enough to post this tip about the character choice tip.

(6) Don't get frustrated. It is easy to get pissed because this shitty game is cheap and you can get knocked off your sled for some really dumb stuff, but once you really take your time with it, the game gets easier. Again, I am only 2/3rds through the game so I am sure it gets tougher, but these tips have helped cut down the restart times a lot.

These threads for the game are pretty dead right now, so feel free to message me anytime for those of you who rent it later and need any tips on the achievements. Also, this game is not a 1 or 2/10 for the full 1000. At a minimum, I call this game a 3 or 4 out of 10. Be warned for those of you renting the game.

xboxmorgan91
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
This game is real hit and miss for me.. Some days I can come in and a few tries I can flew through a race no problem but sometimes it doesn't click and I go on a crashfest. This game is really frustrating due to how patient and repetitive you have to be to make minimal advances. I finally got the best sled and upgraded it all the way, but jeez... one mistake is cutting it close but two and you're done. If I wanted to nit pick I'd go get lice...

Septic
12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
WOW this is hard. So much for an easy 1000. Its harder than the guide says.

The trick is to try stay in 1st position and as long as you don't crash, you usually win. It seems that when your in 1st position the bots don't race that fast, but when your behind them they race hard. A sled with very good grip usually worked for me.