PDA

View Full Version : Connection Help.

xBootstrapp
04-02-2009, 11:03 PM
So I probably have the worst connection ever. I mean, Im lucky if even get signed into Live. Then its pure hell trying to connect to a friend. And well I know nothing about networking and stuff like that so I turn to you guys.

Im running on a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router (thats pretty much all I know cause thats whats on the sticker lol) Anyways, I have my Windstream box plugged into the main port with my computer, xbox and two other computers hooked up to it. Then my moms laptop is synced with it or whatever.

So is there anything I can do to get a better connection with this? If you need anymore information about the equipment Ill try my best to get it to you.

kaleido42
04-02-2009, 11:08 PM
from the sound of it you are running off of a direct connection and not wireless, the only other things that I personally could suggest is that I have heard of people having trouble if their internet is brought in by Satellite, also I would suggest making sure that you have real highspeed internet and none of this "lightspeed" or anything else that ISP's try to market. Those are just some personal suggestions, some people find using those things fine while others dont. If that does not relate to you then you will have to wait for someone else to post a suggestion.

hope something works out for you. :)

Dragon's Heart
04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
So I probably have the worst connection ever. I mean, Im lucky if even get signed into Live. Then its pure hell trying to connect to a friend. And well I know nothing about networking and stuff like that so I turn to you guys.

Im running on a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router (thats pretty much all I know cause thats whats on the sticker lol) Anyways, I have my Windstream box plugged into the main port with my computer, xbox and two other computers hooked up to it. Then my moms laptop is synced with it or whatever.

So is there anything I can do to get a better connection with this? If you need anymore information about the equipment Ill try my best to get it to you.

How old is your router? I was having a ton of connection problems with my linksys (no connection, lagging, getting cut off alot)...Have 2 360's and a laptop hooked up to the router...Come to find out the linksys only lasts for like a year or two...Got a new one, now everything is working great...So you may have the same problem and need to replace your router...

xBootstrapp
04-03-2009, 01:25 AM
From what I know my internet isnt by satellite. It gets run by the phone line.
And uhm I think we've had this one for about 8 months or so, Im not sure. We got it when mom bought her laptop and that wasnt too long ago.
In the past Ive always had a bad connection, but its been getting worse. Especially this past week.

kaleido42
04-03-2009, 01:33 AM
i would definitely check with you isp (internet service provider)

rifleman1007
04-03-2009, 01:59 AM
well if its through the phone line then its a DSL connection and that is slower than a cable internet connection, thats the best way to get a better connection, otherwise like phoenix said check out a different router