PDA

View Full Version : Any one gots any ideas?

SasileUchiha92
04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
My Xbox is 2 years and about 2 monthes old and it has been freezing a lot over the past 3 weeks. It's slowly been getting worse. Today I played Star Ocean:TLH for about 2 hours then it freezes. I tried to play it again and got about 20 minutes in before it frooze again. It's been freezing mostly on the dashboard, Halo Wars, and Uno. Anyone know of anything to help this.

These are the main things i've heard to do:

1.Clear Cache

2.Detach Hard Drive, Reattach, Then Clear Cache again

3.Download onto Hard Drive

4.Keep a fan blowing cool air on it

5.Call Mircosoft

6.Just wait for the RRoD

My response to above

1.Tried it, worked at first, about 3 days later, froze again

2.Haven't tried it yet, doubt it worked since the above didn't work

3.I'm not too sure about this because I believe I remember hearing it takes up Drive space, Drive space I don't have right now for most games

4.I'm going to try it to see if it helps

5.Yeah because that always works because those people are so helpful

6. That's pretty much what i'm doing at this point. I hope it will hurry up and happen before Summer

Also: It's started freezing about 3 weeks ago, like I said before, so any idea about how long i'm going to have to wait for it to get the RRoD?

Edits:
Check the disks of the games for scratches. Dashboard frozen I do not know anything.
All my disks look nice and shiney. At least there are no big, deep scratches. I have disks that are really scratched up, (Halo 3), and somewhere work. Halo 3 is about the only game i'm not having trouble with.

Retained
04-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Check the disks of the games for scratches. Dashboard frozen I do not know anything.

Tenacious
04-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Same thing happened to me, with Halo 3 being the only disc that worked and everything, except my problem was a little different. My disc drive kept spitting out my games because it didn't want to read them, picky bastard.

I'd try calling Microsoft.

Mister Buds
04-03-2009, 12:20 AM
this happened to my first xbox. call microsoft. they'll tell you to remove your hard drive and try playing one of the games that is giving you trouble. if it still freezes, then it's a problem with your console, and you'll have to send it in to them. provided you're still under warranty.

SasileUchiha92
04-03-2009, 12:52 AM
this happened to my first xbox. call microsoft. they'll tell you to remove your hard drive and try playing one of the games that is giving you trouble. if it still freezes, then it's a problem with your console, and you'll have to send it in to them. provided you're still under warranty.
Yeah, but even if your under warranty don't you still have pay to have it sent in. My Xbox is 2 and a half years old, so i'm only under the three-year RRoD warranty.

SasileUchiha92
04-04-2009, 12:01 AM
I think I ran out of space on my first post or something because I can't seem to edit it.

Anyway, today it froze while playing Star Ocean agian. Then I tried unattaching the reattaching the hard drive and deleteing cache and it didn't freeze again, but it's still really lagging in this place I am at. But my Xbox doesn't sound right now. It's too quiet. It doesn't sound like something is working and the back of it is getting really hot really fast. A whole lot faster than it used to.

carter1412
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
i dont know what to suggest but just count yourself lucky that your 360 lived that long, most peoples last about 14 months or something. mine just did and crashed quite often though, and then graphics went wierd with little black pixels scattered around my screen, then came the E74 error.

CLET8
04-06-2009, 11:34 PM
The RRoD is coming. Beware.