PDA

View Full Version : Anouther Achievement site

killerjt
02-15-2006, 08:56 PM
I will not say the site. This site just came out of noware and hade most of the achievements. They are constintly ripping achievements off of us. The have taken Fight Night 3 and Full Auto from us. Hear is what the site had to say.

We have been informed another site is mysteriously adding "Achievement Tips" to their site as well. I won't mention this site by name, but it's pretty sad that they couldn't at least name it something else besides "Achievement Tips". It isn't like we can stop them either, nor would we want to anyway since we want gamers to have a strong community. The idea was pretty vague and it isn't the most original idea since gamefaqs has been doing it for ages. However, using the same name as we are is just as bad. At least change it to something that you came up with on your own. We can't wait till they have their own "Featured Gamer" too.

*Sigh*

What others will do to get ahead.

Update: An important forum annoucement has been made.

Weapon 117
02-15-2006, 09:06 PM
THIS MEANS WAR!!!

If it is our time to die then it is our time. All I ask is:
If we have to give these bastards our lives, we give them hell before we do!

Minty
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
name the site. me and scooby will sort em out with one niight of posting!!

killerjt
02-15-2006, 09:10 PM
name the site. me and scooby will sort em out with one niight of posting!!

*removed*

Minty
02-15-2006, 09:14 PM
pmsl We have St the king as regular poster

youve got 285 threads by 35 members you friggin idits!! where is your xbox360 top sites rating?!

our front page needs to point out that this is the new home of the .com website, and state when that was formed

RoutineX
02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Come on. You got to be serious.
Admitting they submitted lots of pics from our site, and now starting a "war" and saying we're ripping off the idea of

ACHIEVEMENT TIPS!?

For petes sake. We're an achievement community. How general word can that be?
It's not like a slogan, idea or anything. It's just a common word everyone would use.

RoutineX
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Please do not post the link to the site here.
That will only do what they want. They want more people on theire site, and obviously using all means to attract.
Some days ago they hinted that we lured people to the forums by adding forums of upcoming games and
stating we had a lot of info about it. All the forums you guys requested to be added.

Its just like little kids. Don't give them attention when they shout.
If noone cares, it will go over

TechIsCool
02-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I agree are we stupid it is so easy for them to get almost all of them if you just look at some of the gamer tags ??? :o

RoutineX
02-15-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree are we stupid it is so easy for them to get almost all of them if you just look at some of the gamer tags  ??? :o

Didn't quite get that one, but yeah. They got good players but when they behave like that and insinuating and stating this war against us, they don't deserve them.

We are making deals with people to get all previous and future achievements, so don't worry, we're going to be at the top of the game.

KMB 316
02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
i knew this would happen no big deal. people leech 360 news from everywhere

scoobydiesel
02-15-2006, 11:15 PM
eeeh simple answer to this is, they suck we rule...end of story

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ
02-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Yeah, no matter what you are doing, in all walks of life you will find people who enjoy making something out of nothing, it's not a competition between the sites. They are blatantly cheating to get ahead, well so be it. They certainly won't be getting my attention, no matter how much noise they make.

Here's hoping this site keeps up the good work :)

scoobydiesel
02-15-2006, 11:46 PM
A COLTS FAN! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ
02-15-2006, 11:54 PM
LOL sorry man. Jags put on a good show this season. Pity we couldn't make that perfect season, or do anything in post-season :(

scoobydiesel
02-15-2006, 11:58 PM
jags got closet to beating Colts besides the Chargers(the other lost where givens....) and ha i was luaghing and sad that they lost in post

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
yeah both Jags games were close. It's just a pity that this great Colts team couldn't reproduce some of their excellent regular season form in the playoffs. Dungy's son may have played a part in diverting their attentions away from football. The Steelers game was a catastrophy, even when they had the chance to go into OT, Vanderjagt (the best kicker in NFL history) hits an automatic kick almost 20-yards wide!!!

scoobydiesel
02-16-2006, 12:15 AM
yeah everythign went downhill after the death.

I think jags could ahve won that last game if our starters where playing(3 deffence men where out as was leftwitch)

TheIcemanCometh
02-16-2006, 02:47 AM
We won't even talk about my team. :-\

killerjt
02-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Lol, the Faders suck. Go Chiefs!

BucklingLeader
02-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Lol, the Faders suck. Go Chiefs!

yes! Go Chiefs! ;D

kaotic
02-16-2006, 03:00 AM
hey ik how to hack websites...if you want i can do a job ;)

g4m3r7ag
02-16-2006, 03:02 AM
no thanks

TheIcemanCometh
02-16-2006, 03:05 AM
No, let's not do that. Let's take The High Road here...

kaotic
02-16-2006, 03:09 AM
darn i was really hoping to have some fun tonight too...lol

scoobydiesel
02-16-2006, 03:33 AM
go hack yahoo :-p

Minty
02-16-2006, 12:59 PM

a gd hacker doesnt advertise on a public forum, especially one thats read by the forum hes going to hack....

Tron
02-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Lol, the Faders suck.  Go Chiefs!

i hereby implement the IceErtonScoobyJunk!eyugan rule of not being able support a football team without it being in your avatar...pwned...

Yugan..you a Reds fan?...you should be.

Tron
02-16-2006, 02:29 PM

we could always buy their site or server hosting company...shut down their site and then resell it back...

Tron
02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
I will not say the site.  This site just came out of noware and hade most of the achievements.  They are constintly ripping achievements off of us.  The have taken Fight Night 3 and Full Auto from us.  Hear is what the site had to say.

We have been informed another site is mysteriously adding "Achievement Tips" to their site as well. I won't mention this site by name, but it's pretty sad that they couldn't at least name it something else besides "Achievement Tips". It isn't like we can stop them either, nor would we want to anyway since we want gamers to have a strong community. The idea was pretty vague and it isn't the most original idea since gamefaqs has been doing it for ages. However, using the same name as we are is just as bad. At least change it to something that you came up with on your own. We can't wait till they have their own "Featured Gamer" too.

*Sigh*

What others will do to get ahead.

Update: An important forum annoucement has been made.

That "important forum announcement" is here.. it was uber long but here is the interesting parts:

"I know our site has only been up for two weeks, and that some success has come quickly, but having a lack of following in the forums is kind of hurting us right now. Our numbers may be weak in the forums right now, but the quality of our posts couldn't be better. You can't ask for much more than having guys with the most experience, St TheKing and Crono117, and having guys with a plethora of knowledge, like khytomer, posting on a consistent basis on the forums. Just having that is enough of a compliment for me to know that this website has been, and is successful.

So after going through this in my mind, I feel there's only one thing that can be done: if it's a war they want, it's a war they'll get.

This is a call to action for everyone who visits this website. The Monsters are doing everything we can right now to bring you the best. What we need is to build our army to protect this community. There are games that have no forum posts. Our forum memberlist is small. We truly have the brightest community our there, we just need to expand. Grab a friend, anyone, and have them visit the site, have them join the forums, everyone share their expertise, post a link on your website/facebook/myspace, post about us on forums elsewhere for anyone who needs help.

The Monsters promise you we're never giving up on you or this community, and we'll continue to build as long as people believe in us because we believe in you. Now let's go give 'em hell. "

WE NEED TO DO OUR PART TO PROMOTE ROUTINEX's (ours) AS WELL... its not a war they will win... what we need to do is keep doing what we are doing...the more people we get to come and post interesting comments, the smaller and smaller they will become...its hard to compare to us when we are already dominating them.

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ
02-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Reds fan?? ???

Good point well raised erton, we need to spread the word. I've got a few friends who are hopefully on their way to setting up accounts here.

People who will contribute positively and hopefully contribute to the already high standard we currently have here :)

RoutineX
02-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I saw that.
Let's just forget about them. Let them say anything they want.

By doing what they have done already make them getting visitors to the site, but I'm not going to fall for that.
I don't need to visit that site, and won't either.

We get all the inspiration from you guys (and gals, sorry, I forgot ;)), and as long as you are happy with the site, we are as well.  ;D

Nukeshell
02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
RoutineX: You might get a RightMouse Click disable on the main site. So they won't be able to copy the pictures. The only way to get the pictures then is by screenshots. Which will be a bad quality.

Tron
02-16-2006, 09:00 PM
BRILLIANT

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I've seen those disables on a lot of sites, it could be pretty anoying.

Steve Vice
02-17-2006, 02:43 PM
And really not that hard to get around

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 02:44 PM

Steve Vice
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Just open the source code and take out the links to the images from there, and some browsers can download all the content it sees on the page.

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 02:55 PM
You know anything that works then? ???

KMB 316
02-17-2006, 02:56 PM
hacking them.

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 02:57 PM
legal..

KMB 316
02-17-2006, 02:58 PM
not worrying about them because they suck.

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 02:59 PM
lol true, as long as we are visited more often it doesn't matter.

Minty
02-17-2006, 03:27 PM
yeah, end of the day we have 4 times as many members, a better site, and better content

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 03:30 PM
We need to stay the best and don't fall down.

KMB 316
02-17-2006, 03:34 PM
routine x really needs to get google ads on here so we can upgrade our site or even get vbulletin.

Minty
02-17-2006, 03:40 PM
yeah would be good. plus we can get money per hit. a mate of mine just did it, his forum members grew from 2 to 7 hundred, and hes earned $60 dollars in 2 weeks,w hich would more than cover hosting costs if the need arises

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I think RoutineX will find away, but just give him some time. He got a job to do and the site is online for just a week.

Minty
02-17-2006, 03:46 PM
yeah exactly. for less than a week the sites doing hell of a well. any forum would be glad to have the stats of this one. admittedly having the old site kinda helped lol

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I know, but not all members came to this forum. So we did pretty well in a week. I think it's online for 5-6 days now ???

Minty
02-17-2006, 03:49 PM
yeah, think the move happened on sunday, but not to sure. and cant be botherd to check lol

Nukeshell
02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Yea sunday.

XxFISHERxX
02-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Let whomever say whatever they wish, this site is new and is getting hits and new members everyday.... It's how it all starts, if the moderators of this site are in for the long hall this site will only continue to grow.... See where we are at a year from now... oh wait I just had a revalation.... this site will be freaking huge.....

I say we expand further, why not add a polling area where people who play games can vote on how they liked the game.... Buyable rentable, don't waste your time etc... We could have a running poll that has every game released with a quick viewable ranking system where we could get a quick opinion on how a game is... Hell we could even add a player review area if our members are willing to take the time to write a paragraph or 2 about their gming experience...

I say screw an other site that wants to bad mouth this one, I personally will be loyal and continue to support this site..... Think prepare and lets wage WAR....

Nukeshell
02-18-2006, 05:01 PM
There are already some polls, and people already are making guides.

XxFISHERxX
02-18-2006, 05:59 PM
There are already some polls, and people already are making guides.

Good point, but they are under each individual game, we should maybe add something to the main page... so when you are at the home page you see an icon for game ratings/polls.... or game reviews.... etc... maybe it is a little redundant but maybe some people don't want to drill down through the page into each game specifically.

Fish

Minty
02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
most people dont have a problem drilling down to a game. its easier thean drilling anywhere else for it. and dont need another forum, weve got enough already really

RoutineX
02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah the forum has literally exploded in just a week. When posting this we have 5777 posts, 475 topics and 218 members.
Thats not bad at all ;D

Have had a lot to do lately and a bunch of programming assignments, so i've only applied small tweaks to the site, but now everything is back to normal.

Is vbulletin a must for a forum?

Only thing i hate about ads is... well.. the ads :p
I (and I'm sure you also) want the site to be as clean as possible, so for now lets just wait a little.
Maybe gamefly or any other companies has some sort of affilliate program we could use?
Something thats useful for our members.

We're soon getting more hits when "the plan" goes through :p More details soon ;)

KMB 316
02-18-2006, 07:41 PM
vbulletin is a must!

and google ads blend well with sites.

Minty
02-18-2006, 07:42 PM
yeah, theyll draw in a lot of people

Nukeshell
02-18-2006, 08:20 PM
And thats what we want!

KMB 316
02-19-2006, 03:17 AM
that other site now has FNR3 achievemtns from : you-know-who-you-are

Weapon 117
02-19-2006, 05:22 AM
We could have a mole in the group :-X

http://nightskypictures.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/xfiles.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Nukeshell
02-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Nah I think a member of their site visited this one and saw the gamerscores for FNR3 and added them to theirs.

Nukeshell
02-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Guys!
I just read the last news from that other Achievements site... Guess what they add to their site?...
Upcoming Games! :o

KMB 316
02-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Guys!
I just read the last news from that other Achievements site... Guess what they add to their site?...
Upcoming Games! :o

oh snaps... lets put a announcement on our site saying people our copying us, and they shoudlnt of atleast called it upcoming games, i mean atari did this first.

Minty
02-19-2006, 05:01 PM
by reading their site your doing exactly what they wanted in the first place

KMB 316
02-19-2006, 05:02 PM
who even cares, obviously there going to take the achievements off our site, and if they get some im obviously going to resize them to our size and send them to routinex.

Minty
02-19-2006, 05:29 PM
cos the more hits they get, the more supported their website is and the more members theyll end up getting

RoutineX
02-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I've stopped visiting that site totally.
Started off by admitting that they copied content from us, and suddenly they turn it around and say we stole stuff and posted about it.

Like I've said. I don't need to visit that site to get more contents or anything. Getting all the info we'll ever need from you guys ;D
And the fact that they always have the things we have, except they "magically" get it some hours later after we post it on our site.

And the last post. About the fight night points.. What did they mean by "thanks you-know-who".
Is that a hint to us that "hey, we steal your stuff but you can't do shit about it".

No thanks. Will never visit that site again even if my life depended on it

Nukeshell
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Like I've said. I don't need to visit that site to get more contents or anything. Getting all the info we'll ever need from you guys  ;D

Just completed Q4 on all difficulties. Gonna play online for the next two weeks inculding one week off from school. I hope I can get some Achievements for this site.

Tron
02-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Let whomever say whatever they wish, this site is new and is getting hits and new members everyday....  It's how it all starts, if the moderators of this site are in for the long hall this site will only continue to grow.... See where we are at a year from now... oh wait I just had a revalation....  this site will be freaking huge..... 

I say we expand further, why not add a polling area where people who play games can vote on how they liked the game....  Buyable rentable, don't waste your time etc... We could have a running poll that has every game released with a quick viewable ranking system where we could get a quick opinion on how a game is... Hell we could even add a player review area if our members are willing to take the time to write a paragraph or 2 about their gming experience... 

I say screw an other site that wants to bad mouth this one, I personally will be loyal and continue to support this site..... Think prepare and lets wage WAR....

great idea

Lonsta DaMonsta
02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow I didn't even know there was another site dedicated to achievements besides this one! I just took a look at it, and in all honesty it's not very good at all. I don't think we have to worry about any "competition" the least. Who cares if they have a guy or two with 20,000 points. ONE of the best things about this site is the feeling I get when I come to the forums. It's a positive feeling, because our members are friendly, nice, and fun-to-be-around people. Nothing can compare to that.

It's a shame though there has to be this "war"... I own a music lyric site and I've made friends with 10 different webmasters of lyric sites.

~ Lon

Nukeshell
02-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Wow I didn't even know there was another site dedicated to achievements besides this one! I just took a look at it, and in all honesty it's not very good at all. I don't think we have to worry about any "competition" the least. Who cares if they have a guy or two with 20,000 points. ONE of the best things about this site is the feeling I get when I come to the forums. It's a positive feeling, because our members are friendly, nice, and fun-to-be-around people. Nothing can compare to that.

It's a shame though there has to be this "war"...     I own a music lyric site and I've made friends with 10 different webmasters of lyric sites.

~ Lon

1. That site's layout is crap.
2. There's almost noone on the forum
3. Those 2 20K+ will get the same Achievements as our 25 10K's
4. Check www.xbox360topsites.net (http://www.xbox360topsites.net) and you'll see that we're much better.
5. Don't visit that site again ;)

Minty
02-21-2006, 10:11 PM
i just find it funny that they claim to be the top achievement. and they also have a 'every update counts' statement, which is a weird choice of words. like their borrowing a phrase from another better site....

TechIsCool
02-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Hay we cant protect word but we can water mark our photos, if there copyed they mess up

Minty
02-22-2006, 08:40 AM
yeah, i should have watermarked my avatar ;)

Nukeshell
02-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Just put X360A in one of the corners and we'll see when they stole our pictures.

Tron
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
that would be hilarious to have our site advertised on theirs...