PDA

View Full Version : How to make your NAT Open on NXE???

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I know about the thread that shows how to do this, but its for the old dashboard, if it isn't i just need some help getting around. I did this a long time ago for the old dashboard and i just got a new console a while ago so i have to do it again, if someone could explain how to do it on the nxe, would be great. I keep getting can't connect to xbox live party and shit.

dav1zzl3
04-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I thought NAT settings were always through the router you're using?

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I thought NAT settings were always through the router you're using?
I don't know man, oh btw i have a linksys WRT160N

Seb The Sheep
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes, it's not done on your xbox, but your router as an above poster said.
Your xbox will just be able to TELL you if your NAT is open.
You should consult your manual, as it will say there how to.

Jachyrax
04-04-2009, 02:53 AM
i basically just followed the old guide on how to change it to open
theres really not much difference except for the blades being changed to big boxes

Bababoof
04-04-2009, 03:09 AM
There really isn't any difference except for font changes and backgrounds on the NXE network settings

martnic
04-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Never had to do a Linksys 160n before but click the link on how to...

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT160N/Xbox_Live_360.htm

WaitinToDrag
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
take out your router...problem solved.

if not...consult your routers software/manual and go through countless steps and customer service calls to set it up.

Waggaz
04-04-2009, 11:00 AM
yeah - go to ur routers website or read the manual

Bearded Bugs
04-04-2009, 01:39 PM
take out your router...problem solved.

if not...consult your routers software/manual and go through countless steps and customer service calls to set it up.

Countless steps? It's really easy... that portforward site really does make it simple, so OP... use that first. :)

WaitinToDrag
04-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Countless steps? It's really easy... that portforward site really does make it simple, so OP... use that first. :)

Yes, I agree it's really easy....I have my modem/xbox/PC within 6 feet of each other....I never have my 360/PC online at the same time.....

But, to some, using a router/connection website is challenging...I simply suggested the easiest solution---->no router.

Bearded Bugs
04-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, I agree it's really easy....I have my modem/xbox/PC within 6 feet of each other....I never have my 360/PC online at the same time.....

But, to some, using a router/connection website is challenging...I simply suggested the easiest solution---->no router.

Oh right I've always used a modem-router so I kinda have no choice in the matter. :p

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-04-2009, 03:31 PM
how do i find out if my NAT is strict or open, on xbox.

Bearded Bugs
04-04-2009, 03:40 PM
how do i find out if my NAT is strict or open, on xbox.

Well, firstly go to the very last tab (to the right) on your dashboard, system or system settings I think it's called... then go to test Xbox Live connection or something similar... then if you get a message saying "strict NAT" or "moderate NAT", you know to look into the opening up router ports or putting your Xbox's IP in the DMZ.

If you don't get any message talking about NAT once you've tested the connection, you know that it's OPEN and you're good to go.

Basically, the Xbox will only tell you about your NAT if it's "strict" or "moderate".

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-04-2009, 03:43 PM
That's what i thought, i had configured my router ports a while ago but reformatted my pc about 8 times later =D haha so it took away the static ip on my pc, but i did the test and it doesn't say nothing, but sometimes when i play halo 3 it is like ur nat is moderate or strict that message comes up in halo 3. idk what to do

Bearded Bugs
04-04-2009, 03:55 PM
That's what i thought, i had configured my router ports a while ago but reformatted my pc about 8 times later =D haha so it took away the static ip on my pc, but i did the test and it doesn't say nothing, but sometimes when i play halo 3 it is like ur nat is moderate or strict that message comes up in halo 3. idk what to do

Having a static IP on your PC shouldn't make any difference at all to your Xbox's NAT settings though? Make sure your Xbox has a static IP if your forwarding ports for Xbox Live, if your NAT setting is changing like you mentioned with Halo 3 or whatever, it could be because it's setting a new IP each time it starts.

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-04-2009, 04:14 PM
on my 360 its on automatic, doesnt it have to be manual and i have to give it the static ip?

Bearded Bugs
04-04-2009, 06:37 PM
on my 360 its on automatic, doesnt it have to be manual and i have to give it the static ip?

Yeah to give your 360 a static IP you need to put it to manual.

Have you done that before?

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
yea on my older consoles i just got the red one and its on automatic, ill prob just go through the steps, you have a guide on which ip to use for the 360?

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-04-2009, 10:18 PM
so i fixed it i made my pc a static, any way i can tell? i am pretty sure its static also i went to my 360 and put an own ip and put default subnet and default gateway and did manual dns server. i can get online with both and the settings are still there, i just joined my friends party and b4 it said cant connect may be bc network problems or some shit it still says it, is it him?