PDA

View Full Version : Robbery is impossible

JReedNet
04-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Most of the time my fastballs are hit as ground balls or as deep homers. I've never seen the "RS" icon on the screen, only a circle with a red triangle.

Is there a certain pitcher I should do this with? I've tired using the Yankees and the Red Socks with settings modified or set at default.

EDIT:
I got it. I deleted all of my settings for this game, thus resetting everything to default. I played with a mediocre team, I think they were ranked in the teens. I played against Cooperstown. I shifted my outfield deep every batter. I played in a park that was a "hitters park" as far as the meter went. I just pitched down the middle with fastballs and hoped they would hit them. If they grounded them I just fielded the ball and didn't throw them out. I let them get on base every time so I wouldn't end the inning. I would intentionally miss fly balls so I wouldn't end the inning. Once in a while they would hit them to the wall and the ball landing area would be highlighted and have a red triangle in there. I would run using turbo (trigger) to the red triangle. Most of the time nothing would happen and it would be a successful home run, but eventually as I was running to the triangle, a "Click RS" (right stick) ison showed up. I clicked it and pressed it towards the wall at the same time, and then it immediately went into automatic catch mode and boom, 150GS.

Just be patient, and wait for the right hit.

TJDoc85
04-11-2009, 01:36 AM
oh man this achievement is a pain in the ass! I really am in the dark on this one, its the timing of when to press the RS.

The text says "Wall Climb RS" but it fades out or gets brighter. Is this a sign of when i should click the RS?

gohanman
04-11-2009, 05:45 PM
How long does this typically take?

I started a game as Pittsburgh vs. Cooperstown, default stats on both teams, just throwing straight fastballs. They've got over 50 runs now and haven't hit a single home run yet, let alone one I can rob...

TJDoc85
04-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Finally i got it, i wall climbed at Miller Park as Yankees vs Cooperstown. They were on about 116 runs though :s

KeepEmRolling
04-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Ok, glad I checked here. I was about ready to say screw it after I let Cooperstown get 50 runs by the second inning and they'd only gotten 2 homers. Both of which were just about out of the park, lol.