PDA

View Full Version : Does it annoy you when...

Dragonfire 360
04-04-2009, 03:37 PM
people join your xbox live party without an invite?

Like, you're having a good time with a few buddies, and someone else, playing an entirely different game, joins your party and is a total buzz kill.

You can't kick them, that's mean. You can't ask them to leave, that's mean, too. Seems like there is no easy way to get out of that situation...

limination
04-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Not really

T FUNK 1984
04-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Its only happened to me once and they didn't have a headset plugged in, very strange indeed.

Just kick them, never mind being mean just do it.

jj harvey
04-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm never usually party leader but whoever is just kicks them most of the time. Surely it's rude to join without an invite, so no problems here with kicking.

Bleeding Star
04-04-2009, 03:55 PM
yes, one of my mates friends from Uni always does it, he gets kicked everytime he joins it because he is a total knob to everyone in the party and acts like hes the King of whatever hes playing, yet he always joins the party and is always kicked, its annoying

jamieCR7
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
i think its okay if you join when uninvited if you're an actual friend of the person. However, i too hate when unknown people join the party and get on like bellends!

EOU Findub
04-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Haha, I myself have only joined a group once uninvited. This was only to say hi to a couple people I haven't talked to in awhile. I then excused myself after 2-3 minutes because I knew I was butting in. It is very rude for people just to come in uninvited. Don't feel bad about kicking them...or just make the chat invite only everytime, then you don't have to worry about a thing.

Bluntman428
04-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Yes, I absolutely hate that shit.

Although I disagree about kicking them. I boot people or ask them to leave all the time if I don't want them in my party.

One of my friends invited me to his party to play a 3v3 game of Halo Wars the other night. There were 5 people in the party, two of which were LOUDLY playing Resident Evil 5. They just would not shut the fuck up. I had to tell them thrice to please not give away anything related to the story because I haven't beaten it yet.

Eventually I just left the party and invited my friends into a different party, which they joined and we went about our business.

I get people constantly joining my party when I play Halo Wars assuming I'm going to stop playing 2v2 with a friend to include them. But frankly if you suck and I don't want to play with you, I'm not going to invite you to my game. It's nothing personal, I just don't like to lose.

spankyNspronkle
04-04-2009, 06:42 PM
haha i thought it was only me who had this problem... I hate when people just show up out of nowhere.

Telexen
04-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I absolutely hate it.

Maybe not so much if we're just BSing...but it's a pain when we're trying to either boost or play legit and need good communication and someone comes in running their mouth for no reason.

It's sad we have to set parties to invite only, because people get disconnected a lot and we have to send invites EVERY time that happens...just because of annoying people who stick their nose in others' business.

Strike xX
04-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Usually i just put it on Private but it has happened to me before. I just end up kicking them if i don't know them or none of my friends do.

Jappe XBA
04-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Just change the party to Invite only ;)

INFERNOII
04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
I hate it too man. But i'm mean, I tell them to leave, or tell the leader to kick him,then make the party invite only.

EvilestBean
04-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Yep, when ever im in a party with a mate someone else joins and its normally my mates friends and 9/10 they are soooo annoying so I tend to set the party to privite.

Om3gA452
04-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I find it mainly annoying that when im in a party with friends that i know in real life people that ive played online with once or twice join the party, for example, i was in a party with a friend the other day and someone who i played guitar hero with once joined and said that he was bored and was looking for someone to talk to, first of all i didnt know who he was until i later looked on my friends list and kicked him without a thought.
People can be so rude.

Invite only party's FTW!

Hand_Banana
04-04-2009, 08:15 PM
i hate when that happens but this is what i do i just leave and invite the cool guy and put the party on invite olny no one but you guys will know and no one feels bad

Contrah
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Jus kick them.. no big deal.

YungMoney313
04-04-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't really care if there my friend.

Simzo
04-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I think it is perfectly justified to kick them, they came in without an invite then they can be kicked without being asked to leave, simple as that.

laundryman
04-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I hate when that happens.

I really have 2 groups of friends online: my friends online, and my friends in real life. When they mix, it doesn't really end well. One of my friends doesn't seem to get that and always joins whenever he gets online. It's pretty annoying because i'm just trying to talk with my friends and he comes in and it gets real awkward and a lot of times people start arguing.

InfraRedSkittle
04-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I hate when u can't join the party for some god damn reason or when It says everyone left the party and ur the only one it.. And when u rejoin the party they say u left very strange

antnie
04-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Put it to invite only.

phatRizzo
04-04-2009, 09:24 PM
It annoys me when that happens most of the time... Ususally just put the party in invite only and that solves the problem

Thegreatest7884
04-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I think its hilarious. My friends and I are laughin it up playin some CoD4 then some random guy joins the party and is silent. Then everyone is afraid to say anything. It turns from a joyous occasion into a silent film. Then you can't help but laugh.

the_b1ues
04-04-2009, 11:10 PM
It annoys me if your say playing gears and aload of your other mates join playing a different game and they start talking about the different game and gets all confusing.

Dukefan45
04-05-2009, 01:27 AM
If I don't want anyone else to join, then I make it invite only. What annoys me more than people randomly joining parties is when I have an invite only party, I invite someone, and that person invites people that I don't want in the party. I don't get how people think that they can invite whoever they want into someone else's party. If they need to talk, then they can go to their own party.

budbon
04-05-2009, 01:47 AM
wat annoys me is wen younger people join and it sounds like a group of chipmunks joined my party and i cant tell if they r male or female lol.

Poida
04-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Nevermind being rude to kick, its rude of them to attend uninvited.

KSizzle
04-05-2009, 06:12 AM

I really have 2 groups of friends online: my friends online, and my friends in real life. When they mix, it doesn't really end well. One of my friends doesn't seem to get that and always joins whenever he gets online. It's pretty annoying because i'm just trying to talk with my friends and he comes in and it gets real awkward and a lot of times people start arguing.

This is exactly how I feel. Now when I host, I put it on invite only.

Dysitis
04-05-2009, 07:52 AM

I have the same problem. I'm always in a party with real life friends and this one online friend I have always joins the party and starts talking to me about other games. It's VERY annoying, but I don't know how to tell him to stop without hurting his feelings :mad:

SubG3nius
04-05-2009, 08:22 AM
It's okey as long as it are people I know IRL or people on my friend list, but when random players that I have no clue who they are join a party without saying anything or even have their headset on... then I'll be like: "WTF?" Have happen a few times when me and friends play a game online sitting in a party that some random dude from the match joins our party...

Shelton
04-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I loathe it when someone I am boosting with decides to invite half his/her friends list into the party. Makes it near impossible to talk to one another. For whatever reason, most of them are young and enjoy singing. Annoying!

If I am boosting with someone, I want to talk with them, not their friends.

scarface
04-05-2009, 09:25 AM
As long as they're friends with someone else that's in the party. Other than that... it doesn't bother me.