PDA

View Full Version : Can't we just delete those unwanted achievements in a future NXE

Rageba
04-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Doe's anyone think that there will be a option in the future nxe updates to delete those unwanted achievements gained, for example games rented or from games that you can't ever get the achievements for anymore because the game servers are closed down %&*cough EA:confused:

The Contender X
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
My friend told me that there possibly could bring out some sort of update where you can delete gamerscore.

But we just have to hope and pray so we can delete that gamerscore where we cant get the full 100% in that game:)

Danteveli
04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
don't think so because it could be used wrongly like your friend/girl/child deleting hardest achevements you have just for fun.

spankyNspronkle
04-04-2009, 05:24 PM
don't think so because it could be used wrongly like your friend/girl/child deleting hardest achevements you have just for fun.

I think that would be hysterical... you see people who should have 1000's and they are all missing the hardest achievement in the game... you know someone got caught cheating.. haha

Rageba
04-04-2009, 05:26 PM
how about if you had to do it in account management or maybe have to pay for it like you do with a gamertag name change i think people would pay for it if it bothers them that bad i would get rid of a few 15g games that ruin my ratio, that could work and that those rented games wont mock me anymore, even a option to disable achievements for games would be good

Bruk
04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't think it'll ever happen, due to the fact that account theft would be that much more destructive. Someone lifts your info, logs in, and deletes every single game you've got achievements on...wouldn't that suck really bad?

Shoz
04-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Doe's anyone think that there will be a option in the future nxe updates to delete those unwanted achievements gained, for example games rented or from games that you can't ever get the achievements for anymore because the game servers are closed down %&*cough EA:confused: Don't think they'll do that.

Once you get an achievement on a game, you keep going.

Bluntman428
04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't think it'll ever happen, due to the fact that account theft would be that much more destructive. Someone lifts your info, logs in, and deletes every single game you've got achievements on...wouldn't that suck really bad?

Bingo.

Also, why would you want to delete achievements? I can understand wanting to delete games off your profile with less than 100gs; games that you played once and hated or something. But the idea of deleting everything that can't be 100%'d off your list is mind-boggling to me.

EOU Findub
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Completion percentage would be thrown out the door and mean nothing (not that it means anything anyways). I also don't understand why you would want to lower your gamerscore. There would be only one justification for deleting achievements and that is if Microsoft themselves either allowed everyone to unlock "unachievable" achievements right away when they sign in, or delete them from xbox.com so they don't even show up.

Silly idea that I know will never get implemented but it's always nice to dream.

EmptyApartment
04-04-2009, 06:36 PM
yeah pretty much what everyone else has already said...it is not going to happen...and yea percentages would mean nothing if it did

Rigaderchi
04-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Just do it Microsoft, but make the option to recover the points if deleted.

Tom115
04-04-2009, 06:55 PM
I want to delete Shrek, Oblivion and Smackdown 07 off my card :(

Mr Random Hero
04-04-2009, 09:58 PM
There's a couple that would like to be rid of, some rentals that didn't like, namely LotR:C and NFS:MW. It would be a nice option to have for those of us you have a obsession with our gamerscore completion %

Deviant_Thug
04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
If possible (never gonna happen), I might delete Poker Smash and Texas Hold'Em. I just don't feel like playing those games ever again.

Tenacious
04-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Grr, I want to delete Street Fighter IV because, except for Gamefly, I'll never get my hands on it because it's not very high up on the priorities list.

Evil Demon55
04-04-2009, 10:40 PM
i dont think they will.. think, you get your account stolen... then the person can basically reset your gamerscore.

CienPR
04-04-2009, 11:09 PM
If they do this everyone will have 100% completion... no point in doing it.

gamerguy69
04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Do people actually go around scrutinizing other's GS for completion %??? Wow!

EOU Findub
04-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Do people actually go around scrutinizing other's GS for completion %??? Wow!

No, I don't think so. It is more of a personal thing. I don't think I have "finished" the game until I get all the gamerscore in it. I just get upset in unachievable achievements. Games like Rayman Raving Rabbids and NBA Live 06. I know I will never have a 100% completion % because I have games like NBA Live 07 on my tag and Chromehounds. I am fine with this though...I just keep challenging myself to get to different heights. I had been hovering around 80% for the longest time and just made a commitment to get over the hump eventually.

XLO
04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
There's a couple that would like to be rid of, some rentals that didn't like, namely LotR:C and NFS:MW. It would be a nice option to have for those of us you have a obsession with our gamerscore completion %
...or you can just work hard at those games and 100% them like me. ;)

iKiddo
04-05-2009, 03:28 PM
MS could charge people for this .. I don't know why they don't in all honesty. But make it value based and you cant delete games that have had dlc that involves achievements that has been released in the past 6months. Or just charge double for ones like that .. Aka so its more than the DLC.

Contrah
04-05-2009, 03:33 PM
NBA Live 06 - I hae 960 on because the game servers are closed.
and 6 games I have less than 100 gs that I want to delete.

iKiddo
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
;1787346']NBA Live 06 - I hae 960 on because the game servers are closed.
and 6 games I have less than 100 gs that I want to delete.

See they could easily charge you something like 400 points for NBA and 100 points for the others .. And doing that would rake in huge cash especially where complestionists are concerned.

But when it comes to DLC and people wanted to delete because of pay dlc they should charge like 400+ on top of the dlc so they can shift the dlc .. For the first 6months after release then drop it again.

Pheonix_Assassin
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
how about if you had to do it in account management or maybe have to pay for it like you do with a gamertag name change i think people would pay for it if it bothers them that bad i would get rid of a few 15g games that ruin my ratio, that could work and that those rented games wont mock me anymore, even a option to disable achievements for games would be good

I agree, if you want to delete some achievements PAY TO DELETE =]

Dragon's Heart
04-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't think they should make it that you can delete achievements that you don't want so much as games should make them so you don't get some dumbass ach just for starting the game...The should let you play a little bit b4 giving you an ach that way if you don't like the game you can still delete it from your history and be done with it rather than being stuck with it...GTA IV is a good example for me, I decided I don't like the game, got the stupid 'off the boat' and now am stuck with it...:mad: But if they make it to where you can delete any ach you want people can go through and just delete games they suck at or whatever, rather than just games they don't want on there like rentals or whatever...It wouldn't be a true representation of people actual achs...

Or better yet it would be nice if games had some way to turn achs. on or off, that way you could turn em off play the game for a while, then if you decide you like the game enough to go for the achs., you can turn em on and start playing again...

dakisbac
04-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm surprised at how many people are in favor of being charged for this shit. Especially when if it was implemented they'd be the first to complain when they want to delete games themselves.

It's already been said why they haven't added the feature, someone can seriously screw your account up if they can delete your gamerscore. But the solution to that has already been mentioned, but everyone glossed over it. BACK THAT INFORMATION UP. Allow us to delete any game we want off and then allow us to recover it back whenever. Hell, you could even make use of the shitty DRM system we have and make it so that you can only delete gamerscore from your own console (thus hijackers couldn't do anything)

Bolt
04-05-2009, 04:10 PM
No, because then achievements you want could be deleted.

VooDooPeteK
04-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Don't think it would happen, it would be alot of work for an update and there seems like to much could go wrong

plus it makes you think about putting that game into the drive as it is now

I am sure all of us have a game or 2 they would like off there card :)

jamieCR7
04-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Silly idea to me, next thing people will be purchasing achievements with Microsoft Points...

Rageba
04-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I think it needs to be implemented in the future, theres games that people no longer play like the older titles, like the ea titles from 06, 07, the outfit, lost planet, so either make those achievements no longer count against the ratio or let us delete the game history. I mean it could be used for evil on comprmised accounts so why not have the option to claim them back which could expire after a month of deletion, i know its possible for them to do it as there was a glitch when nxe first came out which deleted games from your profile, although this has been patched now:Bounce:

Dysitis
04-06-2009, 02:34 AM
This really should be implemented. As people have said before, to prevent against people having their achievements deleted by others, there could be recovery methods. Also, if people are actually worried about everyone having perfect completion, they could only allow games to be deleted with less than 25% points.

Another thing, disabling achievements is an excellent idea. Then I wouldn't always have to switch to my second profile to test out new games.

daninthemix
04-06-2009, 09:56 AM
I dont think its a good idea. Everyone would have perfect gamercards...which would make perfect gamercards worthless (such is the nature of things).

Also as others have said it would cause absolute havoc with friends/siblings deleting achievements and for that reason alone, I guarantee MS will never, ever do this.

The Contender X
04-06-2009, 10:12 AM
i dont think they will.. think, you get your account stolen... then the person can basically reset your gamerscore.

And how would you get your account stolen, unless your a complete tard and give out your password to someone...

Dragon's Heart
04-06-2009, 10:25 AM
And how would you get your account stolen, unless your a complete tard and give out your password to someone...

Actually, I don't think it is really that hard to hack any kind of an account whether you have the password or not...I have had several accounts for different things that have been hacked and most of them were brand new accounts that I had only had open for like a day or two, so nobody should have had the password or anything...Myspace, hotmail, ebay, paypal, yahoo, etc...I can think of probably about a million other ones that have been stolen, most of these more than once as well...Hell, I even had to get a new debit card a few weeks ago cause my bank told me that somebody else got my pin number, how the hell did somebody get my pin when I always have it run as a credit card to where you have to sign instead of using your pin? I mean seriously, if it is that easy to hack an email account then it makes any other account even more easy since most everything requires your email address for login...All they have to do once they have hacked somebody's email is to check it on other websites to see if it works or not...

The Contender X
04-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Actually, I don't think it is really that hard to hack any kind of an account whether you have the password or not...I have had several accounts for different things that have been hacked and most of them were brand new accounts that I had only had open for like a day or two, so nobody should have had the password or anything...Myspace, hotmail, ebay, paypal, yahoo, etc...I can think of probably about a million other ones that have been stolen, most of these more than once as well...Hell, I even had to get a new debit card a few weeks ago cause my bank told me that somebody else got my pin number, how the hell did somebody get my pin when I always have it run as a credit card to where you have to sign instead of using your pin? I mean seriously, if it is that easy to hack an email account then it makes any other account even more easy since most everything requires your email address for login...All they have to do once they have hacked somebody's email is to check it on other websites to see if it works or not...

Well Dude, you must have so much bad luck to have all your accounts hacked, I have a hotmail,ebay,paypal,bebo,facebook and a bank account and i've never had any of these problems, you must of pissed someone off lmao...

Dragon's Heart
04-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Well Dude, you must have so much bad luck to have all your accounts hacked, I have a hotmail,ebay,paypal,bebo,facebook and a bank account and i've never had any of these problems, you must of pissed someone off lmao...

I know several people that have had the same problems with their accounts, my mom's ebay and paypal account got hacked and somebody was selling a buncha computers and stuff under her name...I can think of a ton of examples, but do not have time to list them...

I know a few times, my email and a couple credit cards were due to exboyfriends (because I moved outta state and hadn't had time to change account info yet), but other than that I dunno what all the other accounts were from...Can't have pissed anybody off, cause I don't usually waste my time dealing with anybody...I have very little trust for anyone...For many reasons...So I basically just go to work and come home, spend time with my family...Can't really piss anybody off if you don't even talk to them...If people say hi or something, small conversation like that I acknowledge, but other than that I pretty well just keep to myself...(Aside from these forums:p)

Waggaz
04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
yeh espeshaly for games whre u get like 5G for starting the game and u never play it again :p

phobzy85
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
How could we laugh at people like me who have Avatar on there list :P

I don't think it's a good idea. Although I do like the idea of being able to turn off achievements for testing games etc. Especially when they are testing online aspects etc.

BooseyGirl
04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
If they ever did bring out an update for NXE where you could delete achievements or gamerscore, and someone deleted a precious achievement to me. I'd go insane on the person. I'd grab a jackhammer and shove it where the sun don't shine. Maybe I'm just a little violent today but that could bite someone in the butt if they accidentally highlight and delete the wrong thing. Lots of Mortal Kombat "Whoopsie" moments.

Ostrodamus
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Well not unlike what everyone else has been saying; It would be great if they could find a way to do it while minimizing the ability to abuse the option. I like the idea of having to pay to delete things, maybe pay 800 points and you have 24 hours to delete whatever you like. Also, if they had a series of "are you sure?" messages, like in call of duty when you prestige.

Ex:

Message 1: By selecting this option you will PERMANENTLY delete the selected gamerscore. Deleted gamerscore CANNOT be recovered!

Message 2: You have chosen to delete the selected gamerscore, are you sure this is what you want?

Message 3: By selecting "DELETE" you confirm that you wish to have the selected gamerscore removed FOREVER. There is no going back, do you wish to continue?

I think that would work to eliminate complaints from people who "accidentally" deleted their gamerscore.

Coldgears
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Why would you want to delete unwanted achievements? So what if you can't get them all. I'd rather have a 50GS in a single 1000GS game then have no GS in no game. Anything to make my number higher.

Starstrukk X360A
07-13-2010, 06:15 PM
"DUDE, DUDE, YOU CAN DELETE GAMERSCORE NOW."
"YEAH?! WHO'S DO YOU WANT TO GO AND DELETE FOR KICKS?"

^ That's the reason it'll never happen.

ferrara316
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Why would you want to delete unwanted achievements? So what if you can't get them all. I'd rather have a 50GS in a single 1000GS game then have no GS in no game. Anything to make my number higher.

thank you for replying to a thread over 1 year old.

How do you people find these posts man????

A ZombieTwinkie
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Way to Necro a 15 month old thread.

thank you for replying to a thread over 1 year old.

How do you people find these posts man????

They must get bored and decide to go back pages and pages to find something 'interesting' that obviously hasn't been discussed thousands of times.

/sarcasm