PDA

View Full Version : This "Party Glitch"?

Jaystar
04-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Have any of you had this happen before? You will be in a Party with a few people and then get Disconnected? It seems to happen to me and my Friends every so often.

Simzo
04-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah it happens to me all the time, I am sure it's just a bug that needs sorted. Hopefully they will address it soon because it does get annoying when you are in the middle of an important part in a game and you need to talk to the people in your party and you just all get disconnected, it can be a real pain in the ass.

phatRizzo
04-04-2009, 09:27 PM
That has been happening to me lately while playing Gears 2 lately, which sucks cause I'm like "He's right behind you" and he is out of party... No good

iKiddo
04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Chances are its to do with connection. As it may have nothing to do with Microsoft on what causes the problem.

PlugInBaby
04-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah if you have a sucky connection or the host of that party does it will disconnect every so often. Its a bit of a bastard.

Contrah
04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Happens to me on CoD4.

Thegreatest7884
04-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Happens all the time for me. Gets really annoying too.

Evil Demon55
04-04-2009, 10:38 PM
yea, i think they might be fixing it... hope they do.

Deathlorddanny
04-04-2009, 10:58 PM
It has happend to me before a couple times but every time it had happened, it was with people form the UK.

Deleted2014-12-02
04-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Happens to me, DudeWithTheFace, and pashos18 all the time... I thought it was because Dude's internet sucks.

Crimson Ridley
04-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Always happens to me. I'll be like;

Me: "Blah blah blah"
Some fool I'm talking to: "Blah blah?"
Me: "Blah blah-"
*Disconnected"
Me: "Gayyyy"
*Rejoin*
Fool: "Ohai"
Me: "I hate this party crap!"
Fool: ":("
Me: ":("

Nightdragon
04-05-2009, 12:22 AM
What I wish would happen is that it would automatically chuck you into game chat, but instead it makes you into your own party so you can't chat to anyone without having to go into the guide and getting shot in the face several times in the process.

Hopefully it is sorted out in the future, as my connection is awful so this happens often haha!

Nightbeam
04-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Theres nothing to be fixed, as this has occured to me many a time.

Its just timing-out, you disconnect but for some reason rather than saying that your whole party seems to leave your party, but its really you.

FourChan
04-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Same here, thought microsoft would of fixed it in the update, though maybe people aren't complaining about it for them to fix it?

budbon
04-05-2009, 06:59 AM
honestly who hasnt had this problem. just another thing to bug the crap out of u while gaming.

Pheonix_Assassin
04-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Yep i heard its due to everybodys NAT settings i doubt it tbh

dakisbac
04-05-2009, 04:18 PM
It IS connection issues. You'll notice if you're having them right away. If when you're joining/some else is joining they have to wait a few seconds or more to join, someone is going to get dropped eventually. If there are no connection issues everyone will be in the party the instant they click "join"

Jaystar
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
It IS connection issues. You'll notice if you're having them right away. If when you're joining/some else is joining they have to wait a few seconds or more to join, someone is going to get dropped eventually. If there are no connection issues everyone will be in the party the instant they click "join"

No I doubt it's our Connection. The Amount of people who have Replied saying it happens too them. It can't be. It has to be a Bug or something.

Telexen
04-05-2009, 04:51 PM
lol. Just because it happens to a lot of people doesn't mean it's a bug.

It's the connection. Either to each other or to Live. When you have 8 people, it's a guarantee one of them will have a crappy connection. I've spent the last few weeks boosting Saint's Row, and I've seen that every time we've had a problem with people dropping from the party we have problems connecting to each other in a game. It's also rather obvious when it happens only when certain people are on.

Ingles
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I get very aggravated by this. Like many have said, I can't stand being in a game and realizing that either I got disconnected or everyone else was disconnected in the party. I was hoping that the update for the Xbox 360 was to fix this issue yesterday.

Slow2die
04-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Happens all the time, even when its just me and my mate in the party chatting, and he lives about 2 miles away, so yeh its just something on Xbox Live's end that needs to be sorted out, but probably never will.

Welcome to Microsoft, Would you like fries with that?

dakisbac
04-05-2009, 07:20 PM
No I doubt it's our Connection. The Amount of people who have Replied saying it happens too them. It can't be. It has to be a Bug or something.

No offense, but I really don't care if you doubt it or not. I'm telling you it IS connections, so unless you've kept tabs on every party for everyone in this thread, you're wrong. Like I said, you can detect immediately if there are connection issues- if you don't join the party instantly after clicking join there are issues. It goes for the other people too, so if you're already in the party you won't be able to tell how long it took the others to join.

lol. Just because it happens to a lot of people doesn't mean it's a bug.

It's the connection. Either to each other or to Live. When you have 8 people, it's a guarantee one of them will have a crappy connection. I've spent the last few weeks boosting Saint's Row, and I've seen that every time we've had a problem with people dropping from the party we have problems connecting to each other in a game. It's also rather obvious when it happens only when certain people are on.

I meant to say this initially. Your buddy invites you to a party, you accept, then you wait a few seconds and you're in the party. You've got connection issues. That means if he sends you a game invite you won't be able to join. Another test is for him to send you a chat invite. When you accept, it will say "joining chat" but you never will. I don't know what it is about parties, but they seem to give a little more leeway when it comes to connecting. With a few of my friends I can't play nor private chat, but I can still join their parties. Of course, I get dropped every now and then, but it's better than nothing.

There is a way to solve this. Assuming you're joining parties with multiple people, you need to isolate who you're having connectivity issues with. Have each of them send a private chat invite and see for whom it says "joining chat". Now that you've figured out the person(s) that you can't connect to, one of you can fix the problem. They say it's a NAT issue, but both me and my friends have open NAT so I really don't know the cause. I do know the solution though, one of you needs to do a direct connection (no router). If one of you is already like that, the other person needs to do so as well. If that still doesn't work (which is a case I've never personally encountered) then I have no idea what to do... I suppose you will have to start fiddling around with your internet settings

MkMaster13
04-15-2009, 04:15 AM
I remember it was so bad that i got kicked out like 20 times in 10 mins...:uzi:Party

ToXiCRalN
04-15-2009, 04:33 AM
Happens all the time. That's why I just go on game chat.

iKiddo
04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Happens all the time, even when its just me and my mate in the party chatting, and he lives about 2 miles away, so yeh its just something on Xbox Live's end that needs to be sorted out, but probably never will.

Welcome to Microsoft, Would you like fries with that?

*Sighs*

Its peoples internet connections that cant keep it up.

Teh BeZ
04-15-2009, 09:21 AM
it could be connection problems I've seen it when I invite someone and they can't get in but if someone else in the party invites them they can in fine , and it's me hosting the party :(
I also hate when you are just having a chat with mates like all playing different games talking about random shit and then *balooop* friend has left party and keeps doing it until there all gone :( makes me sad lol

stevanov
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
never had that, but i know ppl who lag out rlly often.
maybe you should try opening your nat setting or something.

DudeWithTheFace
04-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Happens to me, DudeWithTheFace, and pashos18 all the time... I thought it was because Dude's internet sucks.

Like he said. Although it does play a part, there is no way one bad connection is the only culprit. Especially when you switch hosts, and different people get dropped or dropped and paired.

The party system is somewhat screwed up and they need to address it although I'm sure they're trying. Just think how many of you would use chat outside of the game u played. A decent amount, but not ridiculous numbers.

Now? I'm always in a party and my party members many time play seperate games. I suspect this influx of private chat has created a strain on their servers and we see the results of that. Too bad too, hope that changes with the alleged "spring update"

v SnOwMaN v
04-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah if you have a sucky connection or the host of that party does it will disconnect every so often. Its a bit of a bastard.

Having a bad connection has nothing to do with it. I play with people who have great connections such as 15 and 20 MBs connections and they get DC'd also. Just has something to do with Xbox Live.

DudeWithTheFace
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Having a bad connection has nothing to do with it. I play with people who have great connections such as 15 and 20 MBs connections and they get DC'd also. Just has something to do with Xbox Live.

Exactly. We have been testing recently with some speed tests. No way connection is the only culprit.

DTwirler
04-16-2009, 03:09 PM
This happens to me all the time. Can't really say why though. NXE hates me, I guess. :P

Tomscfc
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
This is just due to the connection dropping and this in turn kicks you out of the party because you can't connect to the host.

smallskillzu
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
IT happened to me ALOT last month but this month ive been doing good with it i havent been D/C alot

KSizzle
04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
This is just due to the connection dropping and this in turn kicks you out of the party because you can't connect to the host.

I've been wondering about this problem myself. Seems like this is the reason. Possibly the host should have the strongest connection? Usually when I host everyone "leaves" the party. My connection must not be very great.

EpicGinge
04-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Happens when the average ping to the host is too low.

iiTz
04-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Those aren't "good" connections, and your connection isn't exactly the same all the time, those are just limits or estimates if you will

T3S1
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
I weekly play in a party of at least 5, and it happens all the time

Juzt Skillz
04-17-2009, 12:47 AM

I doubt this. Even if me or my friend is the host the other seems to disconnect. And on my screen it'll say He left and on his it'll say I left.

iiTz
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
I doubt this. Even if me or my friend is the host the other seems to disconnect. And on my screen it'll say He left and on his it'll say I left.

That's how the party works, I'm really not sure how to explain that one to you.
Honestly, you should figure it out.

JPetrillo
04-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Happens to me all the time... so annoying. Its not as bad though if you use someone with a good connection as the host. Someone who is not connected wirelessly seems to help.

Tsaako
04-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Ughh was such the pain when boosting. :p