PDA

View Full Version : Moving Profiles

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Just a question about moving all my profile including my themes etc?

Im getting a new 360 due to the old one overheating and want to transfer all my stuff.

Do I just have to recover the tag on my new HD?

Evil Demon55
04-04-2009, 11:09 PM
you can either recover profile and re download stuff, or get a cable to reansfer it all... heres a link: http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/B4E8A2D6-2DEB-46DF-A292-8D83454D62F9/0/MigrationorderformincludingEuropewithfax.pdf

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
you can either recover profile and re download stuff, or get a cable to reansfer it all... heres a link: http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/B4E8A2D6-2DEB-46DF-A292-8D83454D62F9/0/MigrationorderformincludingEuropewithfax.pdf

Ok cheers for that. What do I lose if I just recover my tag? Would I lose things such as Arcade games? Or just demo's and themes etc?

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Saw this kit before on Play.com but they dont have it now I dont think.

Im just getting a 60GB console is there a way to change it with that form or something anyway?

Evil Demon55
04-04-2009, 11:39 PM
I think you can trasfer from any HDD to any other HDD.. it's free with the site I mentioned.

You can just recover your profile again, but you will have to download all your downloads again. Heres tehe bad thing about redownloading it all. If you get another profile on that HDD, it will not be able to play the arcade games, ect.. but if you use the transfer cord, you can play the arcade games with any profile on that console.

EOU Findub
04-04-2009, 11:59 PM
I think you can trasfer from any HDD to any other HDD.. it's free with the site I mentioned.

You can just recover your profile again, but you will have to download all your downloads again. Heres tehe bad thing about redownloading it all. If you get another profile on that HDD, it will not be able to play the arcade games, ect.. but if you use the transfer cord, you can play the arcade games with any profile on that console.

If you use the license transfer kit, which is free on the xbox.com website, you can just recover your gamertag and transfer all your licenses over. So then everyone can enjoy your games on that console again.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Right so Im about to start up my new console and recover my tag.

Once Ive done this I will print out the form and complete it and send it off and so I will have the arcade games on my console but wont be able to play them....

Once they have recieved the document they will allow me to then play the arcade games yeah?

I have already bought the new console which I guess doesnt matter.

Cheers for the help

EOU Findub
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Right so Im about to start up my new console and recover my tag.

Once Ive done this I will print out the form and complete it and send it off and so I will have the arcade games on my console but wont be able to play them....

Once they have recieved the document they will allow me to then play the arcade games yeah?

I have already bought the new console which I guess doesnt matter.

Cheers for the help

The transfer kit and the license transfer tool are two different things. Just keep using your old GT and old HDD until the transfer kit comes. However, if you use the old HDD on the new 360, you will have to use the license transfer tool to play your arcade games. I hope that made sense...sorry if it doesn't.

iKiddo
04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
The transfer kit and the license transfer tool are two different things. Just keep using your old GT and old HDD until the transfer kit comes. However, if you use the old HDD on the new 360, you will have to use the license transfer tool to play your arcade games. I hope that made sense...sorry if it doesn't.

AKA:

Old Hdd + Old Console = All.
Old Hdd + New Console = No. Need to transfer Licensce.
New Hdd + New Console = No. Need to transfer Licence and re download.

?