PDA

View Full Version : Auto Controllers

An Amish Woman
04-05-2009, 06:05 AM
I was just wondering everyones onion on auto firing controllers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFA39vYryPM

I personally think anyone who is using 1 should b banned from XBL, cuz it is ageist the rules of MS. It seems that in an online 1st person shooter, 2/5 people use one. Anyone else frustreted w this problem?:mad:

Deleted2014-12-02
04-05-2009, 06:08 AM
I was just wondering everyones onion on auto firing controllers. <font color=&quot;Blue&quot;>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFA39vYryPM

LOL Onion.

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/files/images/onion.jpg

Personally, I say they're fine for single-player and not cool for multiplayer.

budbon
04-05-2009, 06:20 AM
i hate both onions and auto firing controls lol.

agentplatypus
04-05-2009, 06:30 AM
It depends. I personally don't think they should be used but if the game allows you to fire that fast I don't think its cheating, but it is unfair.

This is my opinion and I personally wouldn't waste money on one.

FourChan
04-05-2009, 06:54 AM
I think they suck, seriously. Go in COD4 and at least one out of every match someone has one.

MattDB87
04-05-2009, 07:04 AM
i had one, it only shot the pistol fast, which made the gun fling straight up and shoot the sky...it sucked, it broke the next day...i learned my lesson.

Jagged 88
04-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I was just wondering everyones onion on auto firing controllers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFA39vYryPM

I personally think anyone who is using 1 should b banned from XBL, cuz it is ageist the rules of MS. It seems that in an online 1st person shooter, 2/5 people use one. Anyone else frustreted w this problem?:mad:

I think they are bad and another version of cheating IMO.

How would they know whos using them?

Because I've been accused of using one many times on COD w@W (and many other games) before, even though I don't. I've just got a really fast twitchy finger lol.

I also get bad rep for It, so its people like you and others in this thread who give it to me by assuming the worst and jump to conclusions all the time.

KFZ Scrubs
04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I guess its only a problem for the 360.
I used to play cod4 on the ps3 and i didn't have a problem with any auto firing.
But when i played a little bit of of cod4 online on my xbox, i didn't see any of that stuff happening.

Jesper114
04-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I have no modded controller but I can shoot real fast on cod4 with desert eagle so i think it isn't 2/5.

Zacky Gates
04-05-2009, 11:07 AM
i myself fire pretty fast on the 360 and have been accused of having a modded controller but its just ridiculous
my brother actually owns one and the difference in rate of fire is unbelievable so people like you who whine and moan because you've been owned is just pathetic, i doubt they will ban anyone over this because there is no true way to tell when moaners like you report 2/5 people a game for using one because they killed you with a pistol
and no i do not use his controller online ever, i use it on l4d with pistols because quite frankly its fun :)

bloodelf007
04-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Personally, I've never seen anybody using one...
But I do think that they're cheap.

Jesper114
04-05-2009, 01:28 PM
i myself fire pretty fast on the 360 and have been accused of having a modded controller but its just ridiculous
my brother actually owns one and the difference in rate of fire is unbelievable so people like you who whine and moan because you've been owned is just pathetic, i doubt they will ban anyone over this because there is no true way to tell when moaners like you report 2/5 people a game for using one because they killed you with a pistol
and no i do not use his controller online ever, i use it on l4d with pistols because quite frankly its fun :)

thought that the L4D pistols had a limit to the fire rate. because i shoot way slower then on cod4 with a pistol.

XLO
04-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I dislike onions.

SPARTIKU5
04-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Online it's cheating, offline im not bothered :)

GhOsT SLaYeR
04-05-2009, 07:46 PM
They are sorta cheap, and the games can easly stop this by putting a cap on fire rate on single shot guns, yes its unfair to the fast trigger fingers out there, but they can make it so you can still fire it fast but stop the turbo controllers, you can easily tell if its turbo or not on a deagle..(in cod4) If its turbo there is no kick till last shot.. or 2nd last shot.. which with human its usually 3rd shot out it starts kicking and last 3or4 have kick (when firing fast)

An Amish Woman
04-05-2009, 09:55 PM
you can easily tell if its turbo or not on a deagle..(in cod4) If its turbo there is no kick till last shot.. or 2nd last shot.. which with human its usually 3rd shot out it starts kicking and last 3or4 have kick (when firing fast)

Exactly right. I myself have been called a cheater, cuz i can shoot my pistol pretty fast. I kno whn someone is shooting faster than what any normal person can shoot. its easy 2 tell if u kno how they game actually works. whn there is no recial on a single shot weapon, that sounds like a michine gun whn its fried, u kno their cheating. simple as that. Im pretty sure that it says in the small print, that any modifactions like that, arnt aloude. I play 2 have fun w friends, u win some u lose some. But whn someones using an auto firing controller w no recoial on their sniper rifle or pistol. thats just unfair and takes all the fun out of it for everyone.

pyrojake
04-05-2009, 11:15 PM
ehh it just angers me either way, just like the stupid auto guitar hero controllers... i mean, if u bought the game to play it, why cheat ur way through it???

CyanideBreathMint
04-05-2009, 11:25 PM
people like you who whine and moan because you've been owned is just pathetic...snip...there is no true way to tell when moaners like you report 2/5 people a game for using one because they killed you with a pistol
Are you specifically talking to someone on this thread?

My personal stance is, use the controller MS intended you to use. Theirs. Especially online.

An Amish Woman
04-06-2009, 12:31 AM
ehh it just angers me either way, just like the stupid auto guitar hero controllers... i mean, if u bought the game to play it, why cheat ur way through it???

Really, lol wow i havent heard of that 1. Ill have 2 go look that up i wanna c that. Having modded controllers just shows how slow and bad u r w a reg. controller.

Maka
04-06-2009, 02:31 AM
2/5 people are not willing to pay that much for them.

I think I came across one or two in Halo 3, but I think they're stupid and make the game stupid. You're a loser if you use one.

Segnius
04-06-2009, 02:57 AM
There's not much that can be done about it. You can always report people who are using them, but I wouldn't want to, in case I was mistaken and they actually just had a really fast trigger finger.

An Amish Woman
04-06-2009, 03:20 AM
I said, "its like 2/5 people use one." Only the people who dnt kno anything about electronics and how they work, or wireing would pay full price for a modded controller. If you had the extra controller laying around, you could throw it together for about 20$ . The smart thing to do would be, buy a micro controller for, (im guessing around 30$). Micro controllers are programbile so they can do just about anything you program it to do in-game w different modes.

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
04-06-2009, 03:52 AM
yea its weak...and there are only two solutions really...everyone get one...or they stop it somehow

GhOsT SLaYeR
04-06-2009, 03:58 AM
I said, "its like 2/5 people use one." Only the people who dnt kno anything about electronics and how they work, or wireing would pay full price for a modded controller. If you had the extra controller laying around, you could throw it together for about 20$ . The smart thing to do would be, buy a micro controller for, (im guessing around 30$). Micro controllers are programbile so they can do just about anything you program it to do in-game w different modes. if you know how to solder you can make it for like 10.. you just need a certain button and a certain wire, not gunna say what button/wire as i don't want more mod'd controllers to play against... they can be annoying but usually the players that use them have bad aim.

An Amish Woman
04-06-2009, 04:04 AM
if you know how to solder you can make it for like 10.

Ok 10-20 bucks. just throwing some numbers off the top of my head. Still its alot less than 150 bucks ive seem them go for on ebay.

GhOsT SLaYeR
04-06-2009, 04:07 AM
Ok 10-20 bucks. just throwing some numbers off the top of my head. Still its alot less than 150 bucks ive seem them go for on ebay. yea i know people that make them must make a lot of money, its a rip off to pay anything over 70$ for a controller (as its around 70 for controller w/ play n charge or plug n play idk what its called.)

Biodrive
04-06-2009, 04:13 AM
Let's look at the overview for Auto Fire controllers:

Cost:
Auto-fire controllers are generally quite expensive compared to normal controllers. For what they do, the price for most of the controllers is unrealistic. Would you fork out an extra $30 or even $15 to get a controller that gives you an almost 'imaginary' advantage in a tiny amount of games?

The cost of modded controllers is made even more unrealistic by the fact that once you know how, they are unbelievably easy to make. All you really need to know is how to solder, I believe the program that is used to command the auto-fire function chip is readily available for download off the internet if you know where to look. So there you have it, modded controllers are basically rip-offs when it comes down to pure cost.

Advantages:
The Call of Duty series of games are one of the few that come to mind when I try to think up games where a modded controller would give the user a slight advantage. CoD games are notorious for their weapons not having fire rate limits. Even so, rapid fire can be achieved through your fingers through extensive practise, and in my opinion using a modded controller is completely unneccessary.

Disadvantages:
What else would your 'special' controller be of useful for? Let's take a look at the other staple FPSs. Take Halo for instance, every weapon except the plasma pistol has a fire rate limit. "Wow man, check out how fast I can fire my plasma pistol!" *Half a second later* "Crap, it overheated :mad:"

As you can see, the special modded controller is not that useful for literally every other game available. Therefore, one can assume it is a waste of money.

Conclusion:
I am sure that modded controllers would help where weird button combos and stuff like that is needed, but in the long term they are an expensive alternative to practise. People who use them should not be banned, as they have paid money for imaginary advantages. That is my opinion.

GhOsT SLaYeR
04-06-2009, 04:17 AM
^ advantages in lots of games?? any game that u have to tap a button a lot to do something... like NBA u can win the toss easily, chainsaw battles, RE5 SP (<-LoL)... but they shouldn't be allowed online..

An Amish Woman
04-06-2009, 04:31 AM
I think they have a huge adv. over someone who dnt have one. Like in halo, thoes few extra bullets make a big difference. (the double shot glitch) I dnt play halo anymore, so ive nvr witnessed auto controllers on that game. In COD4 thats just about all you c anymore. In that game, having no recoil on ur weapons gives a big adv. for that user.

Bobafettjm
04-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Some people who accuse others of using them in COD are not correct. I have been accused many times of using an auto controller while using a single shot weapon simply because I can shoot it very fast. Also on the kill cam it might not show recoil, but there is for the actual person.

SOW Camoflauge
04-23-2009, 05:42 AM
These modified controllers. What a bunch of LOSERS! I have only seen it in COD4. Scrubs need all the help they can get. But I think it is definitely cheating and these nerds need to be banned forever...

DENAz666
04-23-2009, 06:04 AM
I think COD:WaW actually has a feature that disables them. If it registers your firing a gun way too fast, then it limits the amount of time you can shoot in a second. Or something along those lines.

Oh and onions are great!

Bieest Unit
04-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Automated controllers are just SAD. Even I don't need it and get through most shooters I play.
Apparently, you can do the same with the X, A, B, Y buttons or something, seeing as someone once accused me of having a modified controller called a 'turbopad' to beat him at All You Can Quaff. Yeah right.

Khalus Akuhei
04-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Personally, I say they're fine for single-player and not cool for multiplayer.

Blah....single-player or multi-player; doesn't matter, but having something automate your actions will always be cheating through and through...

CienPR
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes it should be considered cheating, but then again most people who use them tend to suck so it doesnt really bother me that much.