PDA

View Full Version : Game Save

ODiN
04-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I recently found out that some people on my friends list are currently game saving.........I myself don't see the purpose in this,Whats the point of playing for Achievements if your not earning them!

Are there any conciquences of game saving?
And can I notify Microsoft of who these people are?

Telexen
04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Once they slip up and start getting achievements out of order and show online achievements as achieved offline MS will find them, and reset their gamerscore.

You can file a complaint using the feature when you view their profile if you wish.

EvilestBean
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Dont worry MS will be on their ass soon enough.

ODiN
04-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Ok, Thanks. Perhaps MS will catch these people........ But I feel I might File Complaint just because of my hate for Game Savers

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-05-2009, 10:33 PM
sorry for being such a "noob", haha, but what is game save(ing)

Seddo
04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I've got a couple of people on my friends list with online achievements on Left 4 Dead and Banjo kazooie acquired offline. They've had them for something like 2 weeks and i don't think their gamerscore has been reset from the last time i checked.

Jesper114
04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I've got a couple of people on my friends list with online achievements on Left 4 Dead and Banjo kazooie acquired offline. They've had them for something like 2 weeks and i don't think their gamerscore has been reset from the last time i checked.

you can get all achievements in L4D offline, with a second controller.

CyanideBreathMint
04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
You can message Stepto on Live or email him at stepto[/at]microsoft[/dot]com. He's the top Live cop.

Pootcrum
04-06-2009, 12:58 AM

MS seem to work in banwaves, every few months they do a massive banning/resetting spree on all (or rather most) gamesavers. Dont expect an immediate response.

CLET8
04-06-2009, 01:19 AM
sorry for being such a "noob", haha, but what is game save(ing)

I don't know the exact details, but it involves using another account that already has the achievements and using that save to get the achievements. A good example would be the popular "seriously glitch". Just search it on youtube if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Another thing, x360a does not support game saving in any way, so be careful what you say on the forums.

BooseyGirl
04-06-2009, 01:21 AM
I had heard of game saving and didn't know that Microsoft was taking action against users who do game save. I have a few people on my friends list who do it frequently and I still don't understand how it works completely, I don't understand how the achievements just transfer over, they should come out with a patch if it's such a huge problem, not like it matters anyway 'cause if you're getting the achievements without working for them...where's the fun in that?

bloodelf007
04-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Let's just not discuss this. It sickens me.

Scaysie
04-06-2009, 07:19 AM
You could give us there GT's and we could all file complaints about them, If enough of them are filed MS are sure to look at them.

Kaiyo
04-06-2009, 08:59 AM
MS will get them when theres complaints so theres no worries but the thing theres still gonna be more game savers lurking around and even in here.

coconut333
04-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I don't completely understand how gamesaving works. Infact I have no idea how it works nor do I ever want to know. It sickens me that people do it. It leaves no time to enjoy the game. I feel that if you can't get an achievement then you simply can't get it. Deal with it.

MS will find them. Don't fear.

NightUlf
04-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I agree. I do not see the point of all this cheating, just for gamerscore.
If you can't get it legit, whats the point. There is no fun in it.
But then each to their own. :p
I think alot of it is done for money too? :confused:

coconut333
04-06-2009, 10:21 AM
For money??

phobzy85
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
People pay people to get them gamerscore. Very lame lol

NightUlf
04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, and they also make accounts that have big Gamerscore and then sale the account for silly money!! :wtf
Some people will do anything for a 'BIG' one! :p

As long as there are people willing to buy, there will be people willing to sale!

Contrah
04-06-2009, 01:14 PM
MS seem to work in banwaves, every few months they do a massive banning/resetting spree on all (or rather most) gamesavers. Dont expect an immediate response.

That's very true.

KFZ Scrubs
04-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm still waiting for them to ban DBD Dragon.

Kamakazi Pear
04-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I recently found out that some people on my friends list are currently game saving.........I myself don't see the purpose in this,Whats the point of playing for Achievements if your not earning them!

Are there any conciquences of game saving?
And can I notify Microsoft of who these people are?

File Complaint against them. MS will find out eventually. If you are extremely certain they are Game Saving, you could ask a few close friends to also file complaints, up to you.

carter1412
04-06-2009, 05:07 PM
yer just file a complaint, you seen them two guys on mygamercard.net that popped up with like 50k gs above stallion83 overnight, dont think they will get away with that lol.

PHIL 421
04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah, and they also make accounts that have big Gamerscore and then sale the account for silly money!! :wtf
Some people will do anything for a 'BIG' one! :p

As long as there are people willing to buy, there will be people willing to sale!
It's funny when the people who paid for it end up getting banned because the guy that made the profile was using gamesaves.:woop:

PHIL 421
04-06-2009, 05:19 PM
yer just file a complaint, you seen them two guys on mygamercard.net that popped up with like 50k gs above stallion83 overnight, dont think they will get away with that lol.
Some people get pretty high before they even start playing Live. I was up around 20,000gs legit offline before I signed up XBL but I do understand what your talking about. 10-20k in a few days or even hours.

jamieCR7
04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Do you know what it feels like?

XLO
04-06-2009, 05:42 PM
huh? :confused:

TheVoidRose
04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Another thing, x360a does not support game saving in any way, so be careful what you say on the forums.

How do I know if I am a gamesaver or not? I don't want to find out I gamesaved something by accident :p

PHIL 421
04-06-2009, 06:20 PM
It's a glitch. You double up profiles and unlock all achievements for the profile you want 1000 or 1250 on. Just look up Seriously Glitch on youtube.com and you'll see what it is.

PHIL 421
04-06-2009, 06:22 PM
And if you were asking me this, no I don't know. I've had xbox360 about three years now & I think I'd have a little higher score and alot higher completion %.

jamieCR7
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Sorry i was only being random, didn't aim my comment at anyone.

XLO
04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
How do I know if I am a gamesaver or not? I don't want to find out I gamesaved something by accident :p
You can't accidentally gamesave. There are many steps required to get the cheated achievements that way.

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-06-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know the exact details, but it involves using another account that already has the achievements and using that save to get the achievements. A good example would be the popular "seriously glitch". Just search it on youtube if you don't know what I'm talking about.

What did i say that you wrote, Another thing, x360a does not support game saving in any way, so be careful what you say on the forums. i don't game save and i just wanted to know what it meant.

CLET8
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
What did i say that you wrote, i don't game save and i just wanted to know what it meant.

I never said you gamesaved, I'm just saying be careful. Don't go thinking this is a great idea and ask people for their accounts so you can gamesave. All I'm saying is be careful so you don't get a permanent ban.

shintoki
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I really don't view it as any different from the people who have tons of crappy games also for gamescore. Except they don't waste the time actually playing them lol.

But I do applaud when the next set of ban waves come from MS.

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
04-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I never said you gamesaved, I'm just saying be careful. Don't go thinking this is a great idea and ask people for their accounts so you can gamesave. All I'm saying is be careful so you don't get a permanent ban.
yea i got you thats what i thought you meant =D