PDA

View Full Version : Are my new achievements gone?

PeRFeCK
04-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok, ill try to make this short but its a complicated scenario :) I have 2 xboxes, 2 hard drives (120gb and a 20gb) , ill spare the details why.

this weekend i played ski doo and asterix and got 1000 on each game. i played them both offline on a banned console, on my 120gb hdd. before hooking this hdd back up to the live enabled xbox, i decided to pull out Top Spin 2 for some easy extra points.

When i loaded the game up, it couldnt find my career (turns out i played it on the 20gb hard drive back in 2006). Using THAT hard drive, unlocked some achievements for this game, plugged in the 20gb to my main Live console...and it wants me to recover my gamertag. Sure i say.......recover....now my TS2 achievements are gone (they never unlocked on my live account and now they seem to be gone). I loaded the 20gb back in the other console and it couldnt find the new ones.

Now im kinda pissed, but ill be even more pissed if my 2 - 1000s get overwritten to when i have to recover my gamertag back on the 120gb. If 'recovering gamertag' means overwriting like it did with my 20gb...i'm screwed.

So....anyone dealt with anything similar to this before? Is there any way to get back my points safely? I havent recovered on my 120gb yet but i think that may be the only way to get everything working again :( TIA

Pashos
04-05-2009, 11:11 PM
So you didn't sign back into live before you recovered your tag? If you didn't but I'm sorry to tell you but your two 1000s are gone

CyanideBreathMint
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok, ill try to make this short but its a complicated scenario :) I have 2 xboxes, 2 hard drives (120gb and a 20gb) , ill spare the details why.

i played them both offline on a banned console, on my 120gb hdd.
That's not complicated. You flash modded one of your 360's and you got caught, lol.

Sounds to me, you're screwed out of your points. Stick with the 120 gigger for all your games instead of going back and forth between the 20 gigger.

I've read that recovering your tag over and over between two hdd's isn't the smartest thing to do either from an MS spying perspective. Have you normally played games on your 120 hdd on the banned console then popped the 120 hdd onto the Live enable console and it uploaded your GS before fine?

PeRFeCK
04-05-2009, 11:16 PM
thanks for the quick replies. this i sthe first time i have used the 20gb since 2006, i actually just retained possession of it because i sold my banned console to a friend and it got RROD, so i bought it back and fixed it. i wouldnt have touched the 20gb if my save from TS2 wasnt on it.

yes, i have been using the 120gb back and fourth between consoles and had no problems getting XBL to update with the new achievements.

do you think if i bought a memory card that i'd be able to somehow salvage them that way??

CyanideBreathMint
04-05-2009, 11:19 PM
You could try a mem card to see. Not really sure to be honest. Was it that much gamerscore to bother with though?

PeRFeCK
04-05-2009, 11:26 PM
10-15 hours of gameplay, i dont mind the TS2 crap but if i can borrow a memory card to fix it then why not. not worth buying one though...

PeRFeCK
04-06-2009, 03:03 AM
well, for anyone else in my situation, yes u are pretty much screwed. i was able to recover SOME achievements by loading my savegame...but dont f around with recovering gamertags ppl :)

CyanideBreathMint
04-06-2009, 03:31 AM
Sorry to hear that, bub. Thanks for posting back to confirm though.