PDA

View Full Version : Expert + achievement easy way

1hellboy
04-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Ok so im not very good at drums so i was like im never going to be able to do this achievement but my friend came and he was like let me see how it look and he sucks more then me so he failed.... He tried master of puppets and i saw that it was easy so i decided we can both work together and pass it..

He did the foot pedal and i did the drumming so since what misses people up is the foot pedal have a friend do the foot pedal and u drum there are time u may have to pause cause ur friend will get tired but it is easy and i was able to do it this way...Just hoping this will help someone...

MkMaster13
04-06-2009, 01:07 AM
good idea...
i got mine with one pedal on fuel...
it wasnt hard at all
;)

Rogue Batleth
04-06-2009, 01:43 AM
I just got mine with one foot pedal on Wherever I May Roam

Bruk
04-06-2009, 02:10 AM
I got mine on Hell Bent for Leather. Short song, and the only tough part is at the beginning

Starz 007
04-06-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm awful on drums, but I was able to get it EASILY on "Armed and Ready." There are no long sections where double bass is necessary.

If I was able to do it, almost anyone can.

Scar Tissue77
04-06-2009, 04:27 AM
i have yet to play on expert + i was just wondering....does double bass mean that every time the purple bar comes up for the bass you have to kick it twice?

TA Sasuke
04-06-2009, 04:35 AM
i have yet to play on expert + i was just wondering....does double bass mean that every time the purple bar comes up for the bass you have to kick it twice?

No it means that the chart is more accurately charted for the bass drum.

NathAttack
04-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Doesn't "Sad But True" have NO double bass in it whatsoever?

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just realised that not every song can be played with Expert+ turned on (I don't own the game myself so I didn't know)... Nice consistency there Neversoft.

TA Sasuke
04-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Doesn't "Sad But True" have NO double bass in it whatsoever?

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just realised that not every song can be played with Expert+ turned on (I don't own the game myself so I didn't know)... Nice consistency there Neversoft.

What would be the point of turning on Expert+ for EVERY song, regardless of the amount of bass? Like what would be the point of putting Expert+ on Nothing Else Matters?

Bassani
04-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Master of Puppets & Welcome Home ( Sanitarium ) are very passable with 1 pedal, I got mine on MoP...

N-Forced
04-06-2009, 05:27 AM
i got mine on where ever i may roam with the rock band drum kit, i found it pretty easy and i hardly drum at all; so if i can do it anyone can :P

mastamasta
04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
does exp + add more to drum with your hands? or is it just more bass?

Bl°°dwolf
04-06-2009, 01:52 PM
does exp + add more to drum with your hands? or is it just more bass?

Expert+ Is expert with double bass charted. No difference other than that.

RobertxxArias
04-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Good idea to have a friend do the pedal for you, that's what I used to do at the beginning when i started drumming. I got mine on All Nightmare Long 2 pedals, I got my 2nd pedal when i picked up GH:M.

I still need to beat run to the hills on Expert drums =( it's expremely hard with the GHWT Drum set...

ChaosGod87
04-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I got mine on Wherever I May Roam with the RB kit and two pedals, it was pretty fun.

DollarBill04
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I got mine on Wherever I May Roam. There was only one iffy part that I star powered through.

Arcanon
04-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Wherever I May Roam is the only song I had a chance to play Expert+ on, and I passed it with an RB1 kit and one pedal for the achievement. On top of that, I believe that I suck at drums. So that says a lot about how easy that one is.

Frozenghost001
04-08-2009, 03:15 AM
The easiest songs for them are: (for single-bass pedal)

-Master of Puppets
-Fuel
-Wherever I May Roam

Munitttt
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I can't get this achievement for the life of me.

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I got it on my very song I played and it was Fade to Black with one pedal... I highly recommend not trying this song because the double bass part is like a minute long and my foot was numb when I finished... lol

Dack124
04-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I did it with 1 foot pedal on The song Fuel. Easy.

machonach0
04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
A much easier way to do this is do Master of Puppets and put a mic on beginner and set it next to a fan or something and when you get into trouble just use star power, you should have it like the whole song.

TA Sasuke
04-10-2009, 08:34 AM
A much easier way to do this is do Master of Puppets and put a mic on beginner and set it next to a fan or something and when you get into trouble just use star power, you should have it like the whole song.

Have you done that? because i dont think you can get the Exp+ achieves with other people, but i could be wrong.

machonach0
04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Have you done that? because i dont think you can get the Exp+ achieves with other people, but i could be wrong.
Yeah man thats how I got the achievement, I'm not sure if you can do the same thing for the ones where you need a certain score on a certain song. But I know for sure if you can't get through a song on expert+ then you can put your mic next to a fan on beginner and when you get into trouble just take star power from the mic. I did Master Of Puppets because it didn't really need a second bass pedal. :Bounce:

CyanideSpirit
04-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Lol great idea man, i should try that out some time

djpj
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for confirming this, i already tried that in band quickplay with random people, but i failed:p

So i will try the mic+fan formula;)

i'll post here as well if it works cause it might just be glitched at your account so maybe you're the only one being lucky (in experience with other guitar hero games, that happens all the time)

machonach0
04-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a glitch. So it should work, but if it was and you try this and don't get it then I am sorry. But this did work very well for me.

TA Sasuke
04-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I just did it on Wherever I May Roam. I put the mic up to my computer speakers and played WIMR and just used SP whenever i got to yellow. Easy peasy.

CrypplingDiarrhea
04-13-2009, 03:39 AM
I did Fade to Black, before I realized there were easy ways around it. The song is very easy until the last minute and then the screen is completely purple with double bass. If you have the second pedal use this song, it's fun. Not sure how the guy who claims he did it with one pedal was able to pull it off though...

Itsbrown4606
04-13-2009, 03:48 AM
I just did it on Wherever I May Roam. I put the mic up to my computer speakers and played WIMR and just used SP whenever i got to yellow. Easy peasy.

I did it on Wherever I May Roam on my own. Didn't do have bad but due to my sub-par drum kit, I only got 4 stars with one pedal. It's not that bad.

I did Fade to Black, before I realized there were easy ways around it. The song is very easy until the last minute and then the screen is completely purple with double bass. If you have the second pedal use this song, it's fun. Not sure how the guy who claims he did it with one pedal was able to pull it off though...

Have you seen blindz0r do a Rock Band 2 video on one of those Impossible of the Impossible songs? Study how he does two feet on one pedal.

I, for one, was experimenting with "two feet, one pedal" for Double Bass but I found it impractical for doing this.

TA Sasuke
04-13-2009, 03:54 AM
I did it on Wherever I May Roam on my own. Didn't do have bad but due to my sub-par drum kit, I only got 4 stars with one pedal. It's not that bad.

I tried it on my own, but i'm at best a medium drummer and i'm using a RB1 kit from 2007, and the pedal could break at any second.

scooke87
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
I was 96% on MoP and i ran out of energy and failed the song. I'm a real drummer as well, but I haven't played in years, so i'm trying to shake off the rust and get it tonight. i'm going to try Fuel, because it is shorter.

SOW Camoflauge
04-17-2009, 07:44 PM
well idk if this is a thread about beating it on expert via drums or just beating things on expert in general. I only have the guitar, I am a pretty decent at it, well so I thought. This game is def harder than the other ones. I beat it on hard but I couldn't even touch it on expert. But playing base on expert was not hard at all.

TA Sasuke
04-17-2009, 07:50 PM
This is a thread about getting the Expert+ achievement for drums.

Emerson
04-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I did it with one pedal on One, had no trouble.

Frozenghost001
04-18-2009, 01:35 AM
I, for one, was experimenting with "two feet, one pedal" for Double Bass but I found it impractical for doing this.
I did the same, and well...I sort of broke a RB2 pedal, even though it's enforced with a metal plate. :(

and the easiest with 1 pedal is Master of Puppets. Played all double bass songs with...well, double bass, and that was the easiest of them all. I didn't even really need to use the second pedal for that song.

cinsin
04-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Hello all..
I am not a gamer until they came out with RB and GH.....I love it. I play the drums but only on M. Some song I can do expert. I have both RB2 drums and GH drum. I borrowed a second pedal from a friend and found that Fade to Black was okay for this achievement. Yes I took a break during the song ( you will know when) got the achievement. But now I am struggleing with Dyer's......

wazz1
04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I did it with one pedal on One, had no trouble.

Really??? One seems like a BITCH with one pedal

I've played (or tried to play) all of these songs mentioned, and i can confidently say that, with one pedal, Wherever I May Roam is WAY easier than both Fuel and Master of Puppets. By a longshot.

Zee
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
The thing about having one pedal is the game doesn't punish you for extra pedal notes like Rock band does. So you can just spam it and have a full green bar. I completed armed and ready on Expert + by just spaming the pedal.

Ix iDARKSTAR xI
04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
As this is to do with drumming i wonder if i could add in about the double bass pedal and if anyone can tell which shops are doing pre-orders in the UK. 1st post, be nice.

keenanzona
04-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Like many of you have said, Wherever I may Roam is super easy to beat expert+ with one kick pedal! Its like playing on hard its so easy.
I failed Orion at the end so I gave up on this achievement, came back and played WIMR and 4 starred it with ease. Didn't even use star power and missed a bunch of notes because i was worried about a long hard double kick pedal part coming, but it never came. There's only like 5 spots where you even need the 2nd kick pedal and those parts last like 3 seconds. Just kick real fast there and you wont even go into the yellow. Extremely easy acheivement.