PDA

View Full Version : PRE ORDER codes question?

AsILayDying
04-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Now i know everywhere is giving away free codes with pre ordered copy's of this game, but are these codes re-usable?
So if anyone is buying this game and u gets a pre order code please post the code after you have used it so people can see if it works, as people on this forum will be very happy.

Fonkey Monkey
04-06-2009, 05:42 AM
I pre-ordered it, I'll post when I go to pick mine copy up.
I have a question of my own though: Do I have to go to the gamestop I pre-ordered it at, or does it matter?

zeke53
04-06-2009, 05:57 AM
yeah you pick it up at the place you pre ordered

lip splitter
04-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Now i know everywhere is giving away free codes with pre ordered copy's of this game, but are these codes re-usable?
So if anyone is buying this game and u gets a pre order code please post the code after you have used it so people can see if it works, as people on this forum will be very happy.

I have a couple of the bonus codes and they are both different. The first person that responds in this thread saying they need one I will give it to you thru xbox live message.

CunningFox
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
i may need one.......................:p

patches4711
04-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I pre-ordered the game online and they just emailed me my pre-order code. My brother did the same and his code is different so I am not sure it will work.

lip splitter
04-07-2009, 04:33 PM
the used code i have is cmkf-fv2t-tjhw-ymnz if someone wants to give it a try go ahead

lip splitter
04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
i may need one.......................:p

Let me know. if you need it for sure its yours if not someone else can have it.

DFB 1708
04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Didn't work lip splitter.
If anyone has any other code someone could have I would be honored to have one :)

lip splitter
04-07-2009, 07:10 PM
There you go DFB. new code sent.

DFB 1708
04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
There you go DFB. new code sent.

Hey thanks man ;).
Good luck with RE 5

Ptbull2020
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I went to pick up my game today and didnt receive a code. If anyone has an extra and is willing to give me one send me a message on live please. My gt is shad0w iii. Thanks

PistonFan363
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
It would be helpfull if someone could send me an extra one of their codes to me.

My GT is SAVAG3 M0J0

Denny Crane
04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
i preordered it and i completley forgot about the code thing while there. they didnt give me anything... damn, if anyone has a code to give ill take it.

TankCommando
04-08-2009, 02:16 AM
I know a lot of people are asking for extra codes . . . . . and I happen to be one of them. I am willing to help with achievements in other games (just 100%'ed RE 5) in exchange for a code. My Gamertag is TankCommando.

Grizzlegrom
04-08-2009, 04:12 AM
it sucks because I can't get my code to mak the guy recruitable it says the code works but he isn't there

harvinator2000
04-08-2009, 05:09 AM
If anyone has a code i would love one please,it shouldnt be up to us to remember to get our own codes.They should give them to us rite away.Thanks in advance if anyone is kind enough out there.

bright1978
04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
i pre-ordered my copy but i didnt get any codes if any one got an extra please send it my way "theCrippler118A" is my gamertag

Matt Sparx
04-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I also pre-ordered my copy and have also not recieved a code. Its a shame that these companies make these offers to attract customers to buy there products and when we do, they then do not follow up on there promise and let us down.

Mr Magic
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I pre-ordered a copy also and didn't get any code, and it was from Gamestop. If anyone has an extra code, I'd be grateful to have it.

Denny Crane
04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
you think if i took my pre order Receipt to gamestop 2 days after i bought they'd give it to me( i cant today, have to work)?. i hate the dbags that work there...

ARZ
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
it sucks because I can't get my code to mak the guy recruitable it says the code works but he isn't there

It took me a while too - but I found him at the top of the stairs in the house you start in.

zakphi
04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
can someone please help me??? i pre-ordered the game and i cant find the stupid place to enter the code. someone please help me!!!!!!!

GSDrag
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Gamestop should give you a code if you call them up and start complaining about it. The same thing happened to me when I had Dead Space pre-ordered and when it came time to pick up the game my store had no idea of any pre-order code. And I called them up and got it within a few hours by email.

I didn't get a code either from my gamestop for this either.

Colbalt
04-09-2009, 12:44 AM
I have a couple of the bonus codes and they are both different. The first person that responds in this thread saying they need one I will give it to you thru xbox live message.

If you still have one I need one. Gamertag Comedz54

bigbull1118
04-09-2009, 01:36 AM
I would love to have a code if there are any extra still out there and anyone kind enough to send me one. I will be very thankful :)

GT: bigbull1118

yogibear4174
04-09-2009, 01:48 AM
It would be very appreciated for a code if u hav a spare - plz and thanx
GT - yogibear4174

XxDarkMaster1xX
04-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes I am getting this game tommorow and If anyone has a spare code that would be great thanks.

Tieg
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
can someone please help me??? i pre-ordered the game and i cant find the stupid place to enter the code. someone please help me!!!!!!!

In the main menu there is a place that says "Unlocked"...click on that then press yer A button. Enter the code all caps (not sure if this makes a difference but thats what I did). Hit start for done. Then scroll down to submit and press A. Should get a message saying your code was correct or valid or something. Then load up the game and I wish you good luck and finding that sucker. Took me a couple of times but I finally found him at the top of the stairs in the Corleone compound.

As for the rest of you guys who pre ordered and didn't get the code....its not the manufacturers fault...its the game distributors fault and you have to be a bit more forceful. I picked up the game at gamestop and asked for my code and the Bonnie at the counter (I look at name tags for future reference so that I can be more personal when I call their bluff) said that the code was in the game itself. Well to me that was bullsh*t because my way of thinking was that you wouldn't have to preorder the game to get a code. So I went out the the trash receptcle outside their store and opened the game to verify the lack of a code in the game. Through the plastic away in the recepticle and went back into the store. I told Bonnie nope...no code and she might want to rummage through her drawers for the pad of codes that shipped with the game. She consulted the manager who said its in the bottom right hand drawer and viola....there it was under some other stuff. She gave me my code along with a free DS screen wipe (big deal).

I would recommend to all you guys to go back to your local store with reciept in hand...or if you don't have a reciept...a sob story about your grandma or something....and state you didn't give me a code....99.9% of the time they'll honor it and give you the code unless they have ran out of them. Good luck.

x4HMx D BLOCK
04-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Would be willing to swap a Gold Hammerburst for Gears of War 2 for a code for godfather 2. just let me know im about to pop in the godfather 2 now:drunk

stevedb79
04-09-2009, 11:43 PM
i couldnt find the guy...have since learned he at top of stairs...have just quit out after picking the medic...can i still get ma bonus guy or do i have to start a new game and if so will the code still stand for a second game????...help please!!,at least i can carry on with the game one way or the other then!:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

jedimaster4367
04-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Anyone happen to have an extra pre-order code they'd be glad to give me? The a**es at gamestop told me they didnt have any to give me, even though i preordered... :mad:

zakphi
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
In the main menu there is a place that says "Unlocked"...click on that then press yer A button. Enter the code all caps (not sure if this makes a difference but thats what I did). Hit start for done. Then scroll down to submit and press A. Should get a message saying your code was correct or valid or something. Then load up the game and I wish you good luck and finding that sucker. Took me a couple of times but I finally found him at the top of the stairs in the Corleone compound.

As for the rest of you guys who pre ordered and didn't get the code....its not the manufacturers fault...its the game distributors fault and you have to be a bit more forceful. I picked up the game at gamestop and asked for my code and the Bonnie at the counter (I look at name tags for future reference so that I can be more personal when I call their bluff) said that the code was in the game itself. Well to me that was bullsh*t because my way of thinking was that you wouldn't have to preorder the game to get a code. So I went out the the trash receptcle outside their store and opened the game to verify the lack of a code in the game. Through the plastic away in the recepticle and went back into the store. I told Bonnie nope...no code and she might want to rummage through her drawers for the pad of codes that shipped with the game. She consulted the manager who said its in the bottom right hand drawer and viola....there it was under some other stuff. She gave me my code along with a free DS screen wipe (big deal).

I would recommend to all you guys to go back to your local store with reciept in hand...or if you don't have a reciept...a sob story about your grandma or something....and state you didn't give me a code....99.9% of the time they'll honor it and give you the code unless they have ran out of them. Good luck.

it wont let me highlight where it says unlocked, what should i do?

tankbuster
04-10-2009, 11:05 AM
yes if anyone does have an extra code I sure would appreciate the help. GT: TANK BUST3R

Thanks

Tieg
04-10-2009, 05:50 PM

Not sure what the problem is...for me at the main menu I just scrolled down to unlock and press A....the instructions on the pre order card say to scroll down to options...but their full of s*&T.

NyteRayne
04-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Anyone hit a bug where you recruit Tommy first and the game won't advance? The old man keeps telling me to recruit one of his men, but my family is now full with Tommy.....

NyteRayne
04-10-2009, 11:47 PM
nm...just have to ignore him and leave the mansion...think they would have recognized that I recruited someone........

stevedb79
04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
just leave the mansion and get in the car outside thats what i did,it then gives you the details of your 1st mission and the story continues:)

Rabby86
04-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Who was giving these codes away in the UK? I pre-ordered from GAME and never got one >.<

RedPredator15
04-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Play.com gave away the codes in the UK

SpinelesS
04-25-2009, 03:16 PM

Same problem here. As I understand it for some stupid reason you need a gold xbox live membership.

Chaosphynx
04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
hey hey, if by chance you have a spare code...I need one.....will help out with achs or whatever

GT- Chaosphynx