PDA

View Full Version : 1 red light, 0 red light?

carter1412
04-06-2009, 12:28 PM
The other day i turned on my xbox and had one red light and the error E74. I had a quick look on the net and read a few things that said check your AV wire, so i did and tried turning the xbox on again. This time there was no read light, no green ones eiter and nothing came up on my tv this time. Anyone had this problem before? If theres no read lights i can't send it off to microsoft can i?

thanks

Jdm
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm sure it's an issue with your GPU. You can still phone up MS, but it'll cost around $100 for repairs. Do you still have some sort of warranty on the console?

carter1412
04-06-2009, 04:53 PM
thanks for the reply. but its over a year old now and over here in the UK 1red light only has a one year warranty and 3 years for the RROD. ill just ring up MS and see if i can send it off. :cool:

Keano
04-06-2009, 05:01 PM
thanks for the reply. but its over a year old now and over here in the UK 1red light only has a one year warranty and 3 years for the RROD. ill just ring up MS and see if i can send it off. :cool:

You can always just say it was RROD. With me, I had to pay to send it off and I didn't one to lie because they say they only check for the problem you've stated however they just sent me a new 360 anyway.

Jdm
04-06-2009, 05:51 PM
You can always just say it was RROD. With me, I had to pay to send it off and I didn't one to lie because they say they only check for the problem you've stated however they just sent me a new 360 anyway.

Sometimes they'll catch you and send your console right back to you. What I would suggest, if you were to lie is keep pushing the fact that it did RRoD. That's your story and you're sticking to it.;)

InkedUp
04-06-2009, 06:00 PM
That's what happened to me back in October. My game froze up and when I tried to turn it back on, nothing came up at all, just a black tv screen. I had to send it in to get repaired

Scaysie
04-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Just had the E74 error on mine, didn't have the same problem but just a constant single red light and the error screen.

Anyways just a quick question on the subject. If you were to try to send it back for RRoD, Is there anyway to force it on? I read somewhere there was. Also how much will it cost for repairs in the UK.

lost-catalyst
04-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Damn this E74 thing happened my brother today too. that should be part of the warrenty now. i love MS but for god sake why can't they just get one thing right. something else always seems to go sooo wrong

carter1412
04-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Just had the E74 error on mine, didn't have the same problem but just a constant single red light and the error screen.

Anyways just a quick question on the subject. If you were to try to send it back for RRoD, Is there anyway to force it on? I read somewhere there was. Also how much will it cost for repairs in the UK.

thanks for all the replys, and i just read something about the "towel trick" were you intentionally burn out ur 360 to make it RROD dont think i will do it though 'cos read some other stuff that says they can tell if you intentionally burn it out and can ban ur 360 so you cant use live with that xbox. i dont know if thats true or not though. any one know anything about this?