PDA

View Full Version : Overall rating "A" score

JamKaBlam
04-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Hallo, is it possible that someone could tell me what score is needed to get an overall A score in the total completion?

I'm aiming for the Hanzo sword achievement but need an A to get the lvl 5 Twin Blades. Currently i'm on 40160 B+.

JieXY
04-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Same here. I have almost a same score as yours. I know you need 50000 to get A+ as confirmed by others. For A, I have no ideas yet.

Edit: Just got A overall. The cutting point between A and B+ is around 41000.

cra
04-07-2009, 05:29 AM
~45k should be an A

JamKaBlam
04-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Edit: Just got A overall. The cutting point between A and B+ is around 41000.

Hmm, just bumped my score to 42260 and still only a B+.

~45k should be an A

Craa~~ap. I've bumped my score to as high as i can get it. Darn it, looks like i'm out of that achievement then.

JieXY
04-07-2009, 04:10 PM
What? I am now 43k and already A, as you can see from my achievement list (the Hanzo achievement). It seems the way it gives out a score is different than we might think.

JamKaBlam
04-07-2009, 09:24 PM
What? I am now 43k and already A, as you can see from my achievement list (the Hanzo achievement). It seems the way it gives out a score is different than we might think.

I know, it's pretty broken in my opinion. For instance out of the 7 categories i have 5 A+ and 2 B and my score is a B+.
Now that doesn't make any sense. If anything it should average to an A but it hasn't.

xino
04-08-2009, 01:31 AM
This is best done on mission 1.

Every score has to be A+, and Overall A+
The Kill Hits, I think you need to perform about 10
The Finishers, you need to perform about 10 too.

I finished the mission as fast as possible, got A+ for everything except for the two I listed.

JieXY
04-08-2009, 04:11 PM
This is best done on mission 1.

Every score has to be A+, and Overall A+
The Kill Hits, I think you need to perform about 10
The Finishers, you need to perform about 10 too.

I finished the mission as fast as possible, got A+ for everything except for the two I listed.

Xino, we are talking about the overall completion score, not the score for completing every mission. On Mission one, I did 22 finish moves and it's a B, 23 for A.

JamKaBlam
04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, my level scores are all A+ with some sub categories A, B and Cs. It's the overall completion i'm having trouble with. It just won't budge from a B+.

I think i'm just gonna' give up. No biggie.

JieXY
04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, my level scores are all A+ with some sub categories A, B and Cs. It's the overall completion i'm having trouble with. It just won't budge from a B+.

I think i'm just gonna' give up. No biggie.

Maybe beating Mission 9 again will help? Just my guess.

cra
04-09-2009, 05:46 AM
i don't think the game updates the overall score only after beating mission 9. however you could add up all finishing kills and see if the count is right.

JieXY
04-09-2009, 06:23 AM
i don't think the game updates the overall score only after beating mission 9. however you could add up all finishing kills and see if the count is right.
Finally I got it.
Here is my final stats.
Total Completion Score: 51679
Time: 3:06'31"04
QTE: 30450
Retires: 0
Hit Combo: 821
Kill Combo: 272
Finish Attacks: 207
Damage: 6847

I found the key to 50000+/A+ is to rack up Hit Combo Count as high as possible. The best missions for this are Mission 8 and Mission 9.

In Mission 8, last phase, don't kill Kanbe immediately, instead, let him release the shadows. Beat the first two waves of shadows. When the third wave comes, repeatedly use Wind Shuriken to make high hit combos. I got 200+ combos here. If there are red bats nearby, you can get more.

In mission 9, do what you did for the achievement of 100 hit combos -- use machine gun to hit the worm, use Ninja Vision when reloading. I also got 200+ combos here.

Mission 2 is also a good place for some Hit Combos (the worm). Do what you did in Mission 9.

As for the other subscores, do what you can to improve them. The most important one besides Hit Combo Count is Damage Taken. My tip is use Ninja Vision if there's lots of enemies and just quickly bypass them to next checkpoint. You can do this along with a speedrun to improve the Time Elapsed subscore. If you get hit too much, just manually reload.

JamKaBlam
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks a lot for that.
I'll give it my best damn shot. But i suck at blocking damage. I can never get timings right and i usually suffer against bosses. My reaction times are a wee bit slow. I don't know how you guys did mission 8 with under 1000 damage taken :p

I'll work on my Finish Attacks first. Currently i have around 100. After i've bumped that i'll punk rush the levels and try not to get hurt so much.

Marriott
04-09-2009, 02:24 PM
When I got A+ I was just running past enemies (besides the ones you need to kill to advance of course) directly to boss fights and then tried to finish them off quickly with the Moonlight Sword. I reloaded the boss fight if I took too much damage and used the lvl. 2 plasma shield Ninjutsu alot. Thanks to that I finished mission 8 with just 9 in damage amount =)

Final score: 50357 A+

Total Mission Time: 3:20'31''03 A+
QTE Sucess Rate: 23460 A
Total Retries: 0 A+
Best Hit Combo: 777 A+
Best Kill Combo: 311 A+
Total Finish Attacks: 116 B+
Total Damage Amount: 7030 A+

JamKaBlam
04-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Okay then, but for the plasma Ninjutsu you need to beat the game on Hard right? I guess i'll do that first. I completely forgot about that. Should help me not take so much damage and i do have the Moonlight Sword so that should make Hard easier for me.

Marriott
04-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Okay then, but for the plasma Ninjutsu you need to beat the game on Hard right? I guess i'll do that first. I completely forgot about that. Should help me not take so much damage and i do have the Moonlight Sword so that should make Hard easier for me.

Yes, you need to beat the game on Hard to get the plasma shield Ninjutsu. With the Moonlight Sword, Hard difficulty is pretty easy imo. Just do the X X (hold) combo with Ninja Vision on bosses and they go down before you know it.

JieXY
04-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Yeah, the plasma shield is crucial for taking less than 1000 damage in Mission 8. However, in other missions, I just use Ninja Vision and run. XD. Ninja Vision + Shield drain your ninja power too fast....

Crosshare1992
04-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Just unlocked the twin blades with an overall A rank i think the boundary is between 41,000-41,500

DarkSephiroth
04-10-2009, 09:54 AM
You have to have almost every individual stat A or A+. It has an effect on what's overall is going to be. I had like 6 A and two or 3 B on every mission and got A

Guyver x
04-11-2009, 03:41 PM
is it possible to get the shield ninjutsu even if you beat the game on normal

JieXY
04-11-2009, 09:31 PM
is it possible to get the shield ninjutsu even if you beat the game on normal

No. Hard, please.