PDA

View Full Version : 360 'DVD' Error.

martdude16
04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
OK so my Xbox got the RROD, and my elite scratches the hell out of disks so i'm stuck with my really old Xbox console I brought back in 2006. The problem is that whenever I insert a disk it never reads it properly. I've tried FIFA 09 about 20 times now and each time it has insisted to 'Play DVD', the disk is not scratched! It is not just for this game however, but this game takes the longest to get running out of all of them.

Any tips on or information to help sort this problem out until my other Xbox gets back from repair?

Thanks.

martnic
04-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Basically, your 360's laser is probably burnt out.

So you'll either have to send it to MS to get it fixed, or if I was you I'd look into trying to fix it myself since it's an old console and out of all warranty.

Replacing a laser is a pretty easy to do just so long as your careful, also it's a lot quicker and cheaper than sending it to MS.
There's plenty of vids/tuts on the net on how to do it so don't be scared if you give it a go.

martdude16
04-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Basically, your 360's laser is probably burnt out.

So you'll either have to send it to MS to get it fixed, or if I was you I'd look into trying to fix it myself since it's an old console and out of all warranty.

Replacing a laser is a pretty easy to do just so long as your careful, also it's a lot quicker and cheaper than sending it to MS.
There's plenty of vids/tuts on the net on how to do it so don't be scared if you give it a go.

Okay thanks for that, i'll look some videos up on the net now. Hopefully there not too hard as i'm not good at repairs...