PDA

View Full Version : Which other Sid Meier style strategy games would you like to see on the 360?

Baron Axe Wound
04-07-2009, 08:51 AM
The obvious ones for me are Sid's own Railroad Tycoon, Alpha Centauri and a new version of Pirates. I'd also like to see something along the lines of the old Sierra series strategy games like Pharaoh and Caesar. I know the strategy genre is at home on the PC but I don't see any reason why we can't have some console versions given the quality of Civ Rev.

It would be a welcome antithesis to the worrying trend of mindless shooters that are being churned out one after another for the 360, which I believe is indicative of a dumbing down of console gaming and lazy publishers who are exploiting the intellectually challenged flock of gaming sheep by selling them the same game repackaged and renamed over and over. I'll stop now before I fall off my high horse!

Qonok
04-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I would actually prefer to see Masters of Magic remade. They already remade Pirates (on PC) and I didn't especially care for it. Railroad Tycoon would maybe be cool. That was the second Sid game that I had ever played after the original Civilization.
Masters of magic was for me just a very fun game and I played that thing for hours upon hours. Had heroes (would be the same as GL's in Civ Rev) that actually advanced in levels and got interesting abilities. You could actually conquer other races and use their cities to produce those race specific units.
When Pirates was remade Sid actually came out beforehand and was saying he was trying to decide between Pirates and MoM to remake. I was hoping for MoM but he did Pirates instead. Oh well. Can't win them all.

Ligerblaze
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Along the lines of Sid Meier, id actually like to see the Age of Empires series.

Tele-Rock
04-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Any of the games from the Total War series would be fantastic, but especially the Medieval series. Those games are mega fun and I would like to get some achievements for them. hehe.

Elod
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
There is a Pirates remake on XBox. My personal favorite was Colonization, which has a remake on PC. That should be great if it would be remade for X360, too.

zimzvm
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
my fav sid meier's game is also Colonization.
I would really like to see its newest installment remake on X360. it could have been the same as in original version. lot's of things is similar to Civ Rev.