PDA

View Full Version : Negative "Article" about Female Gamers

xZombie x3h
04-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Well, I've always used TruAchievements as a site and enjoyed it's freindly atmosphere. But this recent post is disgraceful.

They've got an article up called Girl "Gamers." Without going into too much detail, some smug early twenties type has taken it upon himself to write about what he thinks of women who game and has posted it in the "news" section of TA's frontpage.

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=52221

jackanape
04-07-2009, 03:26 PM
To put it in the politest terms I can - the guy is a tit. He has been banned from x360a and the official Xbox forums already and it is only a matter of time before he gets banned from there too.

I plan on writing a more well researched and thorough article on the same subject. To be hopefully published online at some point. So:

Any female gamers who are prepared to answer a few questions regarding the games they play, what motivates them to get achievements (if you do at ALL), who you let on your friends list/why, what got you into gaming and what kind of atmosphere you get on live etc then drop me a PM or an online message. I want to hear from new gamers as well as people who have been on the scene for a while.

I'd also like to hear from some of the guys too: preferably ones who game a lot with members of the opposite sex. Though any feedback anyone has about girl gamers is completely welcome, both positive and negative.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that most girl gamers are, shockingly, just regular gamers like the rest of us. A lot of articles focus on them as some kind of mysterious online cult - to be treated in some kind of over the top fashion whenever you cross their paths in a game. That is obviously rubbish so I want to prove it.

Any stories, feedback, test subjects - anyone prepared to give me some of their time basically. Hit me up.

WaitinToDrag
04-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd also like to hear from some of the guys too: preferably ones who game a lot with members of the opposite sex. Though any feedback anyone has about girl gamers is completely welcome, both positive and negative.

I game with quite a few female gamers on the regular and can help ya out if needed.

iKiddo
04-07-2009, 03:39 PM
If he thinks a female gamer is bad. He should try gaming with a competitive male.
I can get competitive and I will be a lot worse than what he is describing.

I mean that in with NO offence.

But then I have played with female gamers. Most more mature than all the males I have played with.

CovertDog
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
The guy didn't last a week here. He is a complete ass-clown. His a professional troll and don't believe a word he says, because he doesn't. He just does it to anger people and isn't worth discussing.