PDA

View Full Version : RE5 Versus Mode = CON

Squirt Me Goo
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I dont know if you seen this but its been released yay but i think its a swiz because its already inc on the disc! because were only downloadin a 1meg file so i belive it to be a code to unlock it and thats it

quidyg
04-07-2009, 03:30 PM
So...
it's 400 microsoft points it isn't really alot considering resident evil had never really had any form of competitive multiplayer before so it didn't have to be included.

HungrySK
04-08-2009, 07:58 AM
addon -1.8 mb! That is it? Why they don't include this in game? Want more money!

ATR NAD
04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Considering the pressure capcom has on this matter, I will wait before getting it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it becomes free in a short period of time.

TheInsanityInc
04-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Doesn't help guys like me who went and bought it :mad:

oDrPepper
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I rented this game last week and got the full 1000, only to find out they were going to bring out multiplayer, which as many people say may as well be included on disc.

I for one am pissed off, but hey, what can you do?

BI0RAPTOR
04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I love this new content,I had maxed the game out and was looking forward to the DLC just so it would give me more challenges.I no it is wrong for CAPCOM to make us pay for (if we are to believe)the content was already on the disc.But I do not mind a couple of quid for endless hours of fun with my mates and strangers.If you are a die hard fan then you do not need me to tell you to down load it because chances are it is already on your hard drive.But for people who are not to sure I would recommend it if you can over look the way they are making you buy it.Good Hunting.
"I'm Bigger & Bolder & Rougher & Tougher in other words sucker there is no other.

demiesta
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
the thief's, like the is anyone waiting for this DLC.
it al about the points, bud i'm not paying for it. won't even download it if it was for free.

Waggaz
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
i agree with #7

Asian47
04-08-2009, 01:28 PM
addon -1.8 mb! That is it? Why they don't include this in game? Want more money!
Of course that's not it. That isn't nearly enough data for any multiplayer game, so that means it's a code to unlock the data on your disc. Basically Capcom is making you pay for something that's already on your disc.

I haven't gotten around to playing the game yet, but I wouldn't even think about getting the DLC unless there's some sort of price drop or something. The fact that they're charging $5 for what looks to be a tacked on multiplayer mode is ridiculous.

Seb The Sheep
04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Firstly, there are NUMEROUS discussions about this already on the Resident Evil 5 board, and I'm sure that's where this is supposed to be.
Secondly, Oh my god, seriously, just get over it!
Think how much work goes into this game, and it's only 400 MS points as opposed to 800 or, in the case of stranglehold, 1200, GET OVER IT!
As said previously, Resident Evil has never been a multiplayer franchise, so now they're trying something new with multiplayer.
STOP BITCHING AND GET OVER IT! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT, DON'T BUY IT!

Squirt Me Goo
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
not bitching its just a matter of oppinion if it was to download a 3 gig file then fair enough but 1 meg cummon its obvious its already on the disc (wait for it) YOU ALL READY PURCHASED!

Seb The Sheep
04-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, there is no argument it's already on the disc.

But THINK about it.
You have NOT purchased the multiplayer already because it wasn't a feature being ADVERTISED on the box.
You paid however much you did for what was being ADVERTISED, and NOTHING more.

Leibrockoli
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
They could have done worse damage to everyone. It could have been more expensive than 5$.

The DLC works fine for me, and it's nothing more than networking code. It's almost the same as Mercenaries, even with the unlocking of additional characters. The gameplay engine and levels are all on the disc, reason why it's just 5$. You have to pay for something that they put effort in to coding.

RE5 was never meant to be a multiplayer game, I mean look at it, you can go up to 4 characters per match. This is something for people just to have fun with. If you want a multiplayer game, wait for Halo 37 or something.

Genesis x360a
04-08-2009, 05:20 PM
400 MS is a fair price to pay for something new to the franchise - The reason its on the disc is because the multiplayer has been made since the release of the game, Hence the short amount of time its taken them to release it and the such small DLC file which like has been mentioned is probally a code to unlock it, Maybe they was going to have it unlockable like mercs then changed there mind who knows. Also your forgetting its not just the extra multiplayer content that your paying for its the extra 200g, Some DLC is 800pionts for an extra 100g. If you dont like what they've done then dont buy the DLC and if you have bought it and are still bitching then more the fool you!

Zee
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Secondly, Oh my god, seriously, just get over it!
Think how much work goes into this game, and it's only 400 MS points as opposed to 800 or, in the case of stranglehold, 1200, GET OVER IT!

We payed 60 bucks for the work that goes into the game, why should we pay 5 more for something that is already included into the game? At least stranglehold was brand new content, not reused.

As said previously, Resident Evil has never been a multiplayer franchise, so now they're trying something new with multiplayer.
STOP BITCHING AND GET OVER IT! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT, DON'T BUY IT!Inless you don't count RE outbreak and RE outbreak files 2. Not to mention the 2 player code in the saturn version in the first one. We have all the right to bitch about getting ripped off.

Yes, there is no argument it's already on the disc.

But THINK about it.
You have NOT purchased the multiplayer already because it wasn't a feature being ADVERTISED on the box.
You paid however much you did for what was being ADVERTISED, and NOTHING more.
So its OK to rip off customers because its not on the box but in the disk? Thats great to know for Capcom since they have a history of doing it.

400 MS is a fair price to pay for something new to the franchise - The reason its on the disc is because the multiplayer has been made since the release of the game, Hence the short amount of time its taken them to release it and the such small DLC file which like has been mentioned is probally a code to unlock it, Maybe they was going to have it unlockable like mercs then changed there mind who knows. Also your forgetting its not just the extra multiplayer content that your paying for its the extra 200g, Some DLC is 800pionts for an extra 100g. If you dont like what they've done then dont buy the DLC and if you have bought it and are still bitching then more the fool you!
So even though multilayer is nothing new to RE, as I said before, its ok for Capcom to rip off people because there achievements in it?

All people can really do is "Bitch" about this content. Any content in the VS mode was basically already made so even if it sells a few copies, they made a profit. So we can't really pay with are wallets.

jamieCR7
04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
If you don't want it then don't buy it! Simples...

Seb The Sheep
04-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry-accidental double post.
See below.

Seb The Sheep
04-08-2009, 07:59 PM
We payed 60 bucks for the work that goes into the game, why should we pay 5 more for something that is already included into the game? At least stranglehold was brand new content, not reused.

*facepalm* it IS brand new content, because it's not been in the franchise before!

So its OK to rip off customers because its not on the box but in the disk? Thats great to know for Capcom since they have a history of doing it.

*facepalm again* - You are NOT BEING RIPPED OFF!
It. Was. Not. Advertised.
You payed $60 for a single player game with co-op capabilities.
NOWHERE on the box does it say that there is a multiplayer facility, with the exception of the co-op.

The ONLY (and I repeat, ONLY) way in which you would have a plausable argument is if they were advertising multiplayer on the box, but you still have to pay for it.
YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU DON'T BUY!

Eternal
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Just like paying extra money to watch a part of the movie :p

Bringerofpwnage
04-08-2009, 11:51 PM
If you are so unhappy about it, don't buy the damn thing.

Baryonyx
04-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I no it is wrong for CAPCOM to make us pay for (if we are to believe)the content was already on the disc.

No, its not. That content is on the disc specifically to be opened later (at a price). Were it not intended to be "sold", it wouldn't be on the disc. Capcom know RE5 as it ships is incredible, and definitely 40 of entertainment, and it doesn't need to include multiplayer in order to secure huge sales.

This versus content was developed under it's own buget with the intent being that the development costs of it are recouped through DLC sales and then the product turns a profit thereafter.

I'm bummed it didn't come free but I know if we wern't paying for it, we might not get it at all. As an aside, it doesn't really interest me, so I won't be paying for it.

However, do not expect Capcom to back down over this. They will dig their heels in over this, the biggest game of the year and the most controversial DLC ever. They are concerned with profit (as all businesses are) and so giving out freebies will most certainly not be on their agenda. By not backing down over this, they will set a precedent for themselves and the industry whereby developers will justify DLC costs and content unlock keys. So don't expect this situation to change any time soon.

dakisbac
04-09-2009, 03:09 AM
You guys realise that Capcom doesn't set the price, right? For all we know they wanted to release their DLC for free (it happens) and M$ said no. That could also be why it's so cheap, Capcom insisted on a lower price since I could easily see M$ wanting to charge 800 MSP

EOU Findub
04-09-2009, 03:55 AM
You guys realise that Capcom doesn't set the price, right? For all we know they wanted to release their DLC for free (it happens) and M$ said no. That could also be why it's so cheap, Capcom insisted on a lower price since I could easily see M$ wanting to charge 800 MSP

Sure, Capcom may have not set the price but they boned their customers when they decided to have content on the disc that had to be bought. Very weak...