PDA

View Full Version : Rant about RB6

Nightmare_Celt
12-05-2006, 04:27 AM
OK... WELL. I've got something I need to get off my chest.
I HATE GRENADE THROWING SPAWN CAMPERS. :chair

Thats better. I love this game. But I've just spent three hours on it getting my rank up and nearly every game ends up with one team stuck in their base being massacred. Also people are throwing grenades instead of shooting. Its doing my head in. :Bounce:

Has anyone also noticed that one team have more of a tactical advantage than the other? (I've seen people swopping sides to make sure they win). On some levels you are always fighting uphill or your base has only two exits and there are 2/3 enemies camped at each exit, while the other base has about 5-8 exits. (My last game end up with us losing 106-49. Spawn-camping gits!) I know this happens on other games but at least they give you a chance to leg it and try to flank the enemy.

I'm sorry for the rant and doubly sorry if this sounds like I'm whining, but I'm a little pissed off with the game at the moment.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Tron
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
yeah you'll have that, but the other thing to remember is that when you spawn you get 5 seconds where you can shoot them but they cant kill you...so rush at them with a gernade or two... helps even it out... depending on how could your partners are you can really counteract the spawn killing with good players..

coolwhitedeluxe
12-05-2006, 05:41 PM
what makes it really quite frustrating when you're playing a team sharpshooter and you're dealing with spawn camping grenade lobbers is when none of your teammates seem to ever use their mics (even though it clearly shows that they're all wearing them) and no one communicates to let anybody know if and where they are camping.
If you're playing a team match and want to win, it might be in your best interest to let your teammates know what's up!

Nightmare_Celt
12-05-2006, 06:48 PM
To erton - One disadvantage is that you can only play with a group for one game before you have to search for another. This doesn't give you enough time to get to know the strengths of your team mates. Also the skill of your team is going to be really hit or miss and if a few experienced members come into the game, then they will normally choose tactically what side they go on. I believe in playing on the side I ended up on, no matter the disadvantages.

And sometimes five-seconds invunerablity isn't really enough time to get you through the spawn-campers.

To coolwhitedeluxe - It is frustrating when people don't use their mics. I'll hold my hands up to sometimes not talking, but last night no-one was talking or listening to me in most matches.

One major problem I've noticed with some games is a tendancy for players bottled-in to take up a defensive tactic because they are afraid to lose lives. One joint effort to break through the blockade and break the affects of the spawn-campers could swing the game, but no-one does it.

I've seen this alot on Battlefield Modern Combat 2. The home base is permanently yours but people feel the need, none the less, to defend it because they believe it will give them more of an advantage than taking enemy occupied spawning flags which are vunerable (and give you points).:confused: It ends up like shooting fish in a barrel.

MATTUMUZ
12-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Agreed, the spawn campers suck arse! However, the guys who watch doors for entire games, well, maybe that IS realistic, because if you think about it, when you know there are enemys in the building, your not going to run straight in, your going to set up an ambush or wait for them, so i don't personally mind that. It's part of the fun, trying to find a way to neutralize them!

To be honest, I only play this game with my best XBOX LIVE friends to avoid troubles like these!

Thx
MATTUMUZ

Nightmare_Celt
12-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I guess it is more realistic. But then I don't mind one or two people setting up ambushes, (I like to run the long way round just to shoot them in the back of their head;), ) but not the whole team.