PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero Metallica Achievement Guide Part 1

tmcmullen08
04-08-2009, 02:32 AM
1. The More I See - Complete the tutorials (5G)
Complete every tutorial. You will need a Guitar Hero World Tour drum set.

2. Metallica - Complete any instrument career on expert (75G)
Play through any instrument career on ANY DIFFICULTY. When you reach the last song, play it on expert.

3. James Hetfield - Complete the career as the vocalist (25G)
See "Holier Than Thou"

4. Lars Ulrich - Complete the career as the drummer (25G)
See "Holier Than Thou"

5. Kirk Hammett - Complete the career as the guitarist (25G)
See "Holier Than Thou"

6. Robert Trujillo - Complete the career as the bassist (25G)
See "Holier Than Thou"

7. Holier Than Thou - Complete every instrument career (150G)
The way the new Guitar Hero career works, you only have to 5 star about 15 songs at the most to unlock the last song. Do this for every instrument on any difficulty. With beginner difficulty, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. For the vocal career, you can set your microphone in front of a fan and let it play itself (on beginner difficulty).

8. One - Complete a song with any instrument on Hard or Expert in local Quickplay or Career (10G)
Simply play a song on hard or expert.

9. ...And Justice For All - Earn 100 stars in Band Career or any single instrument Career (50G)
Completing the minimum career earns you about 70 stars. Play more songs in that same career until you have 100 stars. Can be done on any difficulty.

10. The Ecstacy of Gold - Earn $15,000 (50G)
Completing the minimum guitar career on expert earned me about $5,000. If you play on expert for every instrument career, you will most likely get this achievement. For the rest of us lesser beings who can't do expert on every instrument, I would recomend playing through every instrument career first. If you don't have it by the time your done, just play some songs in Quickplay.

11. Ride the Lightning - You triggered star power simultaneously (4 player band) (10G)
Have everyone activate star power around the same time (preferrably within 5 seconds of each other).

12. 2 X 4 - Earn a band Hot Streak (4 player band) (10G)
Have everyone activate star around the same time, just like above. Except this time, make sure everyone has a 4x multiplier.

13. Metal Militia - 100% a song (4 player band) (30G)
Can be done on any difficulty. Easiest on beginner, obviously.

14. The Struggle Within - Complete a song in a band in Quickplay or Career (4 players) (10G)
Can be done on any difficulty.

15. The Four Horsemen - Complete a song with all band members on expert in Quickplay or Career (4 player band) (20G)
May take some time. Just make sure everyone is on expert. Drums DO NOT have to be on expert +

16. Nothing Else Matters - Complete the career in a band (2-4 player band) (50G)
Can only be done locally. If you have someone to do this with, do it with them. If not, you can put vocals on beginner and set your mic next to a fan, then just play any other instrument.

17. Better Than You - Win an online Pro Face-Off match (10G)
Can be done legitimately or boosted with someone else.

18. Blitzkrieg - Win an online Band v Band match (8 players) (10G)

19. Seek & Destroy - Play 20 online matches (25G)
PLAY not WIN 20 online matches. There are some reports of this achievement being glitched. If this isn't working for you, i would go into battle mode online and lose 20 in a row.

20. The Unforgiven - Win an online Face-Off match (10G)

21. Reload - Download a song from GHTunes (5G)
Not much to say here, just download one song. Guitar Hero Metallica GHTunes are the same as Guitar Hero World Tour GHTunes.

22. Hero of the Day - Complete a song on Expert + in Quickplay or Career (drums only) (30G)
This can be a little frusterating if you only have one bass pedal. The easiest song I found to do this on with a Rock Band 1 drum set is "Wherever I May Roam." Make sure to save your star power.

23. Wherever I May Roam - Complete a song in every venue (15G)
No data on this one.

24. The Memory Remains - View a Metallifacts video (5G)
Complete the first two required songs, then go to one and select song details and then select Metallifacts Video. You have to watch the whole video.

25. Black - Win an online battle match with the Fade to Black power up (10G)
To get the Fade to Black power up, you have to play a battle match that ties (reaches the end of the song). The song will start again and every power up you get will be a Fade to Black power up. Activate yours first, and you win.

tmcmullen08
04-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Secret Achievements

26. Trapped Under Ice - You completed a song at the Ice Cave venue (5G)
Play "The Thing That Should Not Be" on any difficulty.

26. Lemmy - You rocked out as Lemmy (5G)
Play the song "Ace of Spades." Then buy the character Lemmy for $2000. Set him as your preferred rocker then play a song with him.

27. Invisible Kid - You rocked out as the bassist (5G)
Play a song as the bass guitar.

28. Some Kind of Monster - You rocked out as the guitarist (5G)
Play a song as the lead guitar.

29. The House Jack Built - You completed a song in every In-the-Round venue (10G)
Play a song in every venue in the career.

30. Astronomy - You hit every star power phrase in the song Orion (10G)
Can be done on guitar and bass on any difficulty. Drums and Vocals not confirmed.

31. Stone Dead Forever - You completed a song at The Stone venue (5G)
Apparently you have to play at The Stone venue. I got this while playing in quickplay.

32. Cure - You recovered from a poor performance in Quickplay or Career (5G)
Easiest done on Guitar or Bass. At the beginning of a song, strum until your about to fail, then complete the song. Can be done on any difficulty.

Will continue the rest tomorrow

TwistedFate
04-08-2009, 02:52 AM

Don't bother. We already have an achievement guide. Try to actually look the forums over to see if a thread exists first.

TA Sasuke
04-08-2009, 04:06 AM
What Twisted said. It's a 4 page thread on the first page, already completely done.

GonzoPoopsmith
04-08-2009, 04:24 AM

Please don't.

Bl°°dwolf
04-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I love how people with less than 10 posts jump into a forum thinking they are going to help everyone by posting important information... that's already been posted, but they can't bother to use the search function or even just look at the threadlist to find out.

TA Sasuke
04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I love how people with less than 10 posts jump into a forum thinking they are going to help everyone by posting important information... that's already been posted, but they can't bother to use the search function or even just look at the threadlist to find out.

Aye, it be a bane on all our existences.

chiefgonebad
04-09-2009, 01:18 AM
You guy's don't have to be complete dick's about it. He was just trying to help. Though we already have a good guide that's completed.

ChaosGod87
04-09-2009, 02:01 AM
You guy's don't have to be complete dick's about it. He was just trying to help. Though we already have a good guide that's completed.

My thoughts exactly.

o0 TommyGuns 0o
04-09-2009, 02:49 AM
you guys need to settle down maybe he thought he could make a better guide then the one already made being as the guide already being used isnt stickied it can obviously use some improvements.

TwistedFate
04-09-2009, 03:03 AM
ymaybe he thought he could make a better guide then the one already made

So you will have no problem when 12 Guides pop up next time instead of everyone working together to make a comprehensive guide?

Deleted2014-12-02
04-09-2009, 03:42 AM
So you will have no problem when 12 Guides pop up next time instead of everyone working together to make a comprehensive guide?
I messaged Pants asking him if I could make a new guide for Metallica, and he tolds me to do it if I felt like I could do a better job. So yes, out of those 12 guides, a champion will emerge. Maybe it's one guide, maybe a collection of the "Best of"s of each guide but in the end, we will have one great guide.

TA Sasuke
04-09-2009, 04:57 AM
I messaged Pants asking him if I could make a new guide for Metallica, and he tolds me to do it if I felt like I could do a better job. So yes, out of those 12 guides, a champion will emerge. Maybe it's one guide, maybe a collection of the "Best of"s of each guide but in the end, we will have one great guide.

I think the 1 guide we have is enough.

o0 TommyGuns 0o
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
i think the one that has been made for awhile is a good start but there is still lots that needs to be added

TwistedFate
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Or you could just work with the original creator to make the one guide that is already started the best so that we only have one guide to start with. That way we don't confuse new people and have hundred of threads asking about achievements because they don't know what guide to use.

But in your world who would combine them all into a best of? Because we just start the cycle all over if Person A combines them but Person B thinks they can do a better job until we end up with several "Best of's". Do we go to a "Best of Best of"?

Bl°°dwolf
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
How about someone messages pants and has him sticky the already established achievement guide instead of messaging him about making a new one? Hmm?

:locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked :locked

tmcmullen08
04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok guys sorry i actually looked for a guide on this site and couldnt find one so i started one. When i submitted this then backed out i realized one had been created which is why i didnt continue it. I didnt mean to cause any trouble.

TwistedFate
04-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Ok guys sorry i actually looked for a guide on this site and couldnt find one so i started one. When i submitted this then backed out i realized one had been created which is why i didnt continue it. I didnt mean to cause any trouble.

You didn't cause any trouble man, we go through conversations like this about once a week around the site. It's just gotten to be a habit among the regulars now.

Bl°°dwolf
04-09-2009, 08:34 PM
It's not really trouble, it just happens way too often. Just look before you leap, that's all we were trying to point out. Those punji sticks can sting a bit if you know what I mean.