PDA

View Full Version : I don't know anything about hockey...

BiP0L4r BuNNy
02-15-2006, 11:41 PM
How do I get a penalty shot so I can make the stupid goal? Can I do it w/o a friend?

Score on penalty shot (All-Star)

JunK!e
02-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Try having your girlfriend over to help then it is quite easy. For the penalty shot have her foul you while you are next to her net (about to score on her form close range). Both of you just stand around the net and when she fouls you you will take a penalty shot. Shoot n' Score!

BiP0L4r BuNNy
02-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Ok cool thanks. She is at work right now, but when she gets off work she will come help me. =]

JunK!e
02-15-2006, 11:59 PM
No problemo.

BiP0L4r BuNNy
02-16-2006, 05:53 AM
I still can't get a shot.. she is fouling me, but it won't give me a penalty shot.

Krazie
02-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Try having your girlfriend over to help then it is quite easy.  For the penalty shot have her foul you while you are next to her net (about to score on her form close range).  Both of you just stand around the net and when she fouls you you will take a penalty shot.  Shoot n' Score!

I dont think you can get a penalty shot that way..

I heard its really really really hard to get a penalty shot without a 2nd player, especially at that difficulty, i didnt even mess with it yet, i rented it and didnt have anyone over to do the penalty shot, so i sent it back to gamefly the next day

However, for a penalty shot, you have to be on a breakaway (skating down the ice with no one on the other team except for the goalie in front of you). While doing this, have whoever is playing with you foul you from behind (a hook or whatnot), this should give you the penalty shot. She should be able to control the goalie, so have her face the other way and shoot on the side shes not, you should be able to get it easily

Also, in options, turn the fouls all the way to maximum so that they are more easily called..

BiP0L4r BuNNy
02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Oh I finally got it, wooo. haha.

Krazie
02-19-2006, 09:08 AM

Cool :)

Philos_Sophos
03-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I thought it would be impossible not to mention totally frustrating to get the pen shot with one player. But I came up with a technique that seems to work well with one person, as I have done it a few times now. If you set the game up as others have described, and at the start of the game get your player with the puck behind your goal. Have the Player 2 controller in your lap and with your pinky fingers just hold the left stick toward your goal and just tap "A" every few seconds and swap players, constantly bringing a few closer and closer to your side of the ice. Then just right trigger to the opposing goal and everyone will be well behind you and just slow down until they come behind you and hit you for the penalty. As long as you don't get close enough for the goalie to steal the puck and the team strat. is turned up to aggressive it works like a charm. Sorry if it is a little blurry, I know nothing about hockey, just about gaming. I hope this helps.

Criminal Act
04-25-2006, 01:34 AM

Congratulations, it's a difficult achievement.

AdamVG-R
04-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Can anyone PLEASE explain to me about the sliders? I keep hearing they have to be on the left but that doesnt seem to do anything when I get fouled, same with when its on the right...so which is it?