PDA

View Full Version : First impressions?

X3R0
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I only got to play for a little bit before i had to head to work its was pretty crazy the way the gems move as im used to the 1st game where they came from above only but im already addicted to it cant wait to get home and play some more. what does everyone else think?

FlipSwitch
04-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I love it. There is a ship upgrade you can get that applies gravity to the board for a limited duration, making all the gems fall downwards, cant remember what its called though.

Personally i like the way the mines are different strengths - builds on the idea of the +5 skulls from the first game and really expands strategic options, as does the replacement of blue mana with shield strength. Personally i reckon having a high pilot skill is gonna save your ass more times than you can count.

They've also really expanded the idea of the crafting / researching minigames, which i think is a good thing, despite some of them being infuriating. My personal favourite is mining, simply because its not left up to chance how much stuff you get (to an extent) its more based on logical thinking.

Crafting is also much better - adding in different types of components as opposed to just hammers and anvils is an excellent idea, increasing the interest factor of the whole thing.

Epic Success.

mozie
04-09-2009, 12:23 AM
ya really enjoying it at the moment, sound is awesome too! i find hacking the jump gates frustrating on medium though!! any advice?

eviltb
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Lovng it at the moment, its batshit hard though!! It took me about 2 hours to run out the Haggling cheev! With not having character classes, you really need to think forward when assigning your points, taking into account which of the red/green/yellow is more useful, or if its worth just putting loads into blue for huge shields! The map looks massive as well, which gives for some good exploration. This is gonna be a tough game to get 200 in, but hella worth it :D

FlipSwitch
04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Main gripe i have with it - the demics put online cheeves in. 50 online matches? for puzzle quest its all about the SP with the odd match with your mates for me, but hey what the hell.

Im loving it, and the dificulty is a nice change from alot of arcade games, it almost matches the challenge of dishwasher ^^

Joebeest86
04-09-2009, 02:22 PM
I really like this game. My wife had the other one on her DS and she loved it. I am not a fan of puzzles too much but I couldn't stop playing after I Downloaded it for my wife. 1600 points is totally worth it. I think I might go and DL the other now just to play through. Gate hacking is my only complaint. Shouldn't have to keep opening them. Some are just too much of a pain. And the spinning planet background visual should change from Zone to zone. Minor cosmetic but would've been nice.

FlipSwitch
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Aye, but theres only so much they can put into an arcade game, and galactrix is already pushing the boundaries imo. Good stuff but a valid point nonetheless.

/agree gate-hacking suxxor