PDA

View Full Version : Slow Marketplace Browsing

VAPF
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I know this has been posted about before, I've searched it, but all the responses seem to answer problems like your net connection si too slow etc.

Basically, my marketplace browsing is extremely slow. I sometimes have to wait longer than 2 mins after clicking 'All downloads' for any one game.

This happens for all games, not just ones with long lists of DLC like GH:WT.

The actual download speed is reletively fast.

I have tried clearing my HDD cache with no effect.

Any ideas?

Khalus Akuhei
04-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Appears you're having a network issue!? If you have a router or network hub that both your PC/360 are hooked to if thats the case. Shut them down/unhook them and wait a few min to let them fully reset and then reconnect them!

Dunno if thats the problem, but this has worked for me many times....I guess having 5 PCs and a 360 all on the same hub can be straining on my network at times...rofl

Could also call your ISP and ask them to do a hard reboot on your connection as that can also be an issue and will clear slowdown up sometimes!

VAPF
04-08-2009, 04:13 PM
thanks for quick reply, but its definately not my ISP. I can shut my 360 down and browse the net/download etc on my laptop without any lag whatsoever. Plus, with everything else on my network off it still happens. I even tested the lag difference when dl from live and when not dl from live, its the same

Khalus Akuhei
04-08-2009, 04:23 PM
but its definately not my ISP.

heh, you'd be surprised how many times I've said those very same words and it was...anyway Umm check the cable you're using for the 360 and replace it...might have gone bad, that can happen too!

VAPF
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I'll have a check on it tonight.

I just thought it was wierd because before the NXE the marketplace ran fine for me. As soon as it switched over, everything slowed right down.

Skillet
04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't think this is a problem with his ISP at all.

Try creating an alternate account and browsing the marketplace with it instead of your regular gamertag.

I did this and it's much faster on the alternate account. I have no idea why.

Now I just use my regular account for buying dlc or arcade games. Any regular old browsing is done on the alt because of the speed.

InkedUp
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Surprisingly a lot of people are having this problem. Hopefully it will be addressed in the spring update, seeing as it only happened after the NXE was released

VAPF
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Try creating an alternate account and browsing the marketplace with it instead of your regular gamertag.

Sounds like a plan, I'll give that a go

NTA RazmaGT
04-09-2009, 02:43 AM
I think its just the patchetic excuse that is the British servers. Mine is also stupidly slow, however, my US account is really fast... instant in fact.