PDA

View Full Version : Is this funner than Godfather 1?

True I Skill
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I've watched a few gameplay movies and it looks good, I Loved godfather 1, The game was rly rly good, but this game i dont get the mafia type feeling when watching vids of it, It reminds me alot of GTA Vice city. So is it as fun as Godfather 1?
Worth 40pound?

TankCommando
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah. Don't get the wrong idea from the videos. It is actually very similar to the previous game, it just has some additions, that in my opinion, make the game better. The Don view lets you look at all of your rackets, and send family members to defend, attack, or bomb fronts and rackets. Which means you and a few family members can be off doing one thing, and you can send your other family members off to take care of something else.

True I Skill
04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah. Don't get the wrong idea from the videos. It is actually very similar to the previous game, it just has some additions, that in my opinion, make the game better. The Don view lets you look at all of your rackets, and send family members to defend, attack, or bomb fronts and rackets. Which means you and a few family members can be off doing one thing, and you can send your other family members off to take care of something else.
Well my second question which i forgot to ask in main post Is..
Does it all get confusing? Like having a big gang telling seprate members to go diffrent places, protect this place, defend that place, kill that guy, take over that racket, All of that sounds confusing doing all of them things, Is it? Or does it get easy to use after a while?

TankCommando
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, obviously there is a learning curve, but I haven't heard anyone complain about it yet. I picked it up very quickly. The tutorials are fairly quick and explain everything well.

True I Skill
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Well, obviously there is a learning curve, but I haven't heard anyone complain about it yet. I picked it up very quickly. The tutorials are fairly quick and explain everything well.

Well thanks man
I might get this game.
Il think about it, Still not sure about it. Havent paid 40pound for a game in a while, Been sticking to the Old 20-30pound ones recently.

TankCommando
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
I would recommend it. It's been a blast so far. The only thing that I have heard against it is that it gets repetitive. And it is fairly short. Keep that in mind when deciding whether you want to purchase it or not.

True I Skill
04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I would recommend it. It's been a blast so far. The only thing that I have heard against it is that it gets repetitive. And it is fairly short. Keep that in mind when deciding whether you want to purchase it or not.

Hmm
damn games being short is what Normaly puts me off buying them,
When you say short do you mean like Shorter than godfather1? Like got any games to compare its shortness too?
(:

TankCommando
04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, I have put just over ten hours in, on my second playthrough, and I have probably 90% completion. Can't think of any games to compare it too, but give me a chance to wake up (might take awhile).

EDIT: Ten hours in my second playthrough alone. Took a little more time on my first.

True I Skill
04-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, I have put just over ten hours in, on my second playthrough, and I have probably 90% completion. Can't think of any games to compare it too, but give me a chance to wake up (might take awhile).

EDIT: Ten hours in my second playthrough alone. Took a little more time on my first.

Well i think i will get this game even if it is short now.
Most games that people say are 10 hours, i normaly play 1 or 2 missions a day rly rly rly slowly So the game lasts, Any replayability after 100%?

TankCommando
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Eh. Not really, unless you missed something. But multiplayer has been fun so far. I think they added that . . . . instead of replayability.

True I Skill
04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Ohh yeahh.
Forgot about Multiplayer,
Thanks

DFB 1708
04-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Just a add for me..
I think the replay is 80%.
Finished the game twice.
And weirdly I forgot almost everything ;).

M a r K
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
It looks it

True I Skill
04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Woahh
80%?
Hm well i watched gameplay vids,
The game rly does look good, and has some unique things added in.
The multiplayer dont look like much, Well the person that was playing kept shooting the wall so he kinda made it look bad, But can you get ranks in it? Also customize ur xboxlive charicter?

More opinions on the game would be good too (:
Good points and bad points.

Tieg
04-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Not to take you away from the game because in MHO its pretty good....my biggest gripe is the fact that it seems the maps are a lot smaller....as in it took quite a long time going from place to place in the first godfather game whereas this one the maps of the cities are very small. I'm also more of a nitpicker and like to investigate everything so it is taking me a tad longer this some of the other peeps above who have played it....I guestimate its going to take around 15 hours for me to complete it.

I think my biggest distraction right now is trying to ensure I get all the executions before I run out of mobsters. For me the environmental ones are the hardest to get.

TankCommando
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I think my biggest distraction right now is trying to ensure I get all the executions before I run out of mobsters. For me the environmental ones are the hardest to get.

Most of the environmental executions are easily gotten because for some of the made men you kill have to be killed with one. The only one I found frustrating was the "Toss a mobster through a first story window to kill him" one. But I realized it was easy after I got it. Just go to a business owned by an enemy family with windows right by the front door. Have no one in your crew (so they dont shoot him before you can get it done) and pick a random mobster and beat him to about 25% health. Then just toss him through one of the windows by the front door.

Tieg
04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Most of the environmental executions are easily gotten because for some of the made men you kill have to be killed with one. The only one I found frustrating was the "Toss a mobster through a first story window to kill him" one. But I realized it was easy after I got it. Just go to a business owned by an enemy family with windows right by the front door. Have no one in your crew (so they dont shoot him before you can get it done) and pick a random mobster and beat him to about 25% health. Then just toss him through one of the windows by the front door.

Thx...I'll give that a try.