PDA

View Full Version : Achivement not unlocking (FTL Travel)

melwing17
04-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I played the trial, and got the to the point where you hack the first LeapGate. The message popped up that said an achivement would be unlocked if you purchased the full version. I was enjoying the trial so what the heck, I unlocked the full game. The achievement didn't unlock. No biggie- I figured there's probably plenty more of these gates to hack.

I've hacked three more now and still no achievement. Not sure if it was some hiccup with it still thinking I'm on the trial game or what, but I'm well past where the trial ended.

Edit: I quit out of the game and went back in, hacked another gate- still no dice.

Any suggestions? :)

FlipSwitch
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Try starting a new character, then hacking the first gate again. Might vjust be a hiccup as you say. Make sure its the one you are asked to hack in the story line.

Nenheb
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
mine worked fine so must just be some stupid glitch for you.

Like the poster above said just start a new game and you get it in afew minutes anyway so it could be worse.

mozie
04-09-2009, 12:18 AM
I played the trial, and got the to the point where you hack the first LeapGate. The message popped up that said an achivement would be unlocked if you purchased the full version. I was enjoying the trial so what the heck, I unlocked the full game. The achievement didn't unlock. No biggie- I figured there's probably plenty more of these gates to hack.

I've hacked three more now and still no achievement. Not sure if it was some hiccup with it still thinking I'm on the trial game or what, but I'm well past where the trial ended.

Edit: I quit out of the game and went back in, hacked another gate- still no dice.

Any suggestions? :)

same happened to me, didnt want to restart but guess ill have to :(

Kit
04-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Same thing happened to me when switching from trial to full.

Best thing to do is start a new character.

FlipSwitch
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Simply start a new character, progress to hacking the leap gate, get the achievement, then revert to old chaacter. Should all be gravy after that.

melwing17
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I went ahead and restarted, that did the trick. I just stuck with the new character though- I wasn't going to risk having the whole character be glitched. :)

FlipSwitch
04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Probably the safe option indeed, so long as you dont lose too much progress id agree with that, just in case.

GL with the rest of the game.

jos1ah
04-11-2009, 08:14 AM
i can concur that you must stick with the new character in order to keep unlocking achievements. the game glitched on me, i started a new character to get the FTL achievement, then went back to my first character with more progress. Nothing is unlocking! I've wasted so much time and money on this stupid game I can't stand to look at it.
:uzi::locked

neverendr
04-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Same happened to me, but I had to fully delete the game and characters through the memory menu on my 360 and redownload the full game to get it working. Kind of disappointing on a $20 arcade title imo.

Wadski
04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Same happened to me, but I had to fully delete the game and characters through the memory menu on my 360 and redownload the full game to get it working. Kind of disappointing on a $20 arcade title imo.

overkill.

I just started again when I noticed it - I was at level 10 at the time and in a few hours I was back to where I was before but with a better knowledge of the game.

Does everyone just ignore hose help tips the first time round or is that just me?