PDA

View Full Version : I caved in.. & paid the 1600.

ILL BallistX
04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I loved the first Puzzle Quest so I was looking forward to this!

But when i saw 1600 i said "there's no way i'd pay that"!

So I got the demo, & it seemed kinda weird at first but after the first battle that's when I decided it's a buy!

The universe looks huge & i bet i'll get just as much gameplay & enjoyment out of this than any non-arcade game i have.

Nenheb
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
agreed. I was really up for this and bought extra points afew weeks ago, then i saw the price and said ill never pay that.

Played the demo and loved it so got it.

Really enjoying it now.

FlipSwitch
04-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Ypu cant put a price on puzzle quest. Well you get what i mean. Must have game, tis way better than the last one and thats sayin alot.

eviltb
04-09-2009, 10:43 AM
...tis way better than the last one and thats sayin alot.

Hmm not sure its totally better than the first one, Id say its more.....different. The difficulty has been ramped up for sure and there are noticible differences on how the game is played. Not far enough into it to give a proper "its better" vote yet, but Im hoping to be persuaded otherwise :D

FlipSwitch
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
There are minor things i prefer about the first one, and in retrospect i kind of agree with you, last post may have been abit hasty in the excitement of just starting out.

The simple fact that the gates close up on you is kind of annoying, but the graphics and the way your items work now is better imo. Plus ill take mining over runekeepers anyday.

T0b3
04-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh, so it's really 1600?

I thought Microsoft made a mistake.. o_O

I'm SO skipping this.

FlipSwitch
04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Id at least give the trial a shot, the reason they can get away with making it 1600 points is because its a damn fine game from a damn fine franchise... i wouldnt be so sure about skipping it. You may well end up horribly addicted and see a big octagonal shape haunt you whenever you close your eyes after playing the trial. Thats when you know you need medical assistance... shame i lost my shrinks number... meh.

Whistler
04-09-2009, 11:53 PM
The DS version cost more then twice that, atleast here in Sweden. But didn't like the demo that much so no buy for me.

FlipSwitch
04-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Tbh if you tried it n didnt like it thats completely different to just lookin at it n sayin no ^^ least ye gave it a shot

Invader999
04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
You'd think that these people learned their lesson when they made Penny Arcade 1 $20, but they did it again for this game. LEARN YOUR LESSON, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad ::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MEMANIAsama
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
You'd think that these people learned their lesson when they made Penny Arcade 1 $20, but they did it again for this game. LEARN YOUR LESSON, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad ::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

lol wut?

The game costs more on the DS. I didn't expect this to be cheaper than 20 dollars. Right now, I feel more engaged in the game/plot than I did with the original Puzzle Quest.

FlipSwitch
04-15-2009, 12:54 AM
So true. Galactrix is a curse, a blight upon all men sent by an angry demi-god... or so it's said due to the infuriatingly addictive storyline and gameplay. I mean, any developer that can put that hacking minigame into his creation and still have a decent product deserves the nobel prize imo.

HaydnMH
04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
When comparing it to the DS version you have to remember they have to manufacture it onto cards the case and booklet have to be paid for as well. When you purchase it off live your just purchasing the game. I was quite dissapointed with it tbh I don't think the combat runs as smoothly as the original so it wasn't a purchase for me.

eviltb
04-15-2009, 10:27 AM
People are only bitching cause its an arcade game. Arcade games dont have to be limited to 800 points!! If this was retail, the price would probably be 30+ to cover dvd/packaging/marketing costs! I was quite happy to pay for this, since I love the game. And really, isnt paying for something you like playing the whole point?

x KrazieNoob x
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
People are only bitching cause its an arcade game. Arcade games dont have to be limited to 800 points!! If this was retail, the price would probably be 30+ to cover dvd/packaging/marketing costs! I was quite happy to pay for this, since I love the game. And really, isnt paying for something you like playing the whole point?

If it was retail, it would also have 1000 gamerscore and not 200. I loved the first one, and this one seemed okay, but that price just hurts my pocket. The first one only cost me 400 MSP (Thank you Deal of the Week). Wayyyy less then 1600 MSP.. 75 percent cheaper;)

tehGUN
10-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Im still confused on what i shouold do about this game. Puzzle Quest Original is the only one i got full complete in. Which says allot!

Aghwee
12-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I have this game, and I'd have to say no.

It becomes a chore. Mining, agro factions, jumpgate hacking, and so on.
Too many 'modes' of puzzle. Too many in-the-way battles [seriously, 10+ hacks more than that in fights, and another 15 mining jobs] to get a quest done, and not miss out on the things your character needs?

I call bullshit.

b1zarr0
06-24-2010, 07:18 AM
I am having a bit of buyers remorse for this game :(

I prefer the original Puzzle Quest's puzzles. I cannot for the life of me successfully mine an asteroid (damn game doesn't want to generate the necessary pieces for me) and overall the achievements feel spread too far apart.

Coorhagon
09-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Is the price ever going to drop on this game?

Vigor
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I think this review is the best one out there to describe how terribad this game really is: http://www.destructoid.com/puzzle-quest-galactrix-how-to-screw-up-a-perfect-formula-123821.phtml