PDA

View Full Version : Worst... Ending... Ever (Spoilers Galore)

Beansac McGee
04-08-2009, 08:11 PM
So, the wifey and I have spent the last 2.5 months of our life (at night) playing PuzzleQuest and it's immediate sequel. We LOVED playing and had a blast playing. We were playing last night and defeated Lord Antharg, THEN..... nothing. We finished off Antharg, defeated his remaining Witches, and well, that was it. At least the original game told you, "You have completed the main storyline. You may continue to play and complete side quests, if you wish." But with this one, we got NADDA! So, that made me decide to pose this question:

What is the WORST ending to a game that you've ever played?

I'm excited to find out which games to avoid... like Antharg's Plague... bad pun.:chair

PureTechniquex
04-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Lost: Via Domus & Gears of War 2

Tsaako
04-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeh, Lost was an epic fail and sometimes i usually find FPS's have a bad ending, but then again it's probs because i usually dont care for FPS's storyline.

Lord Chabelo
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Halo 2, I wanted to throw my controller at the TV and then throw the TV

EOU Findub
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Eternal Sonata...don't ever play that game unless you want to gouge your eyes out and then hate yourself for watching the ending.

Lost was HORRIBLE. Easy 1000, but horrible ending. Decent game though.

Gumby™
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Halo 2.
Worst movie ending: Cloverfield

xvx Tiger xvx
04-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, on the Commodore 64.
Something like 'Thanks, let's go grab a hamburger'. :mad:

Damn, wrong forum :p

Xbox-wise, as mentioned, Halo2 made part of me die inside.

Bluntman428
04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I just got done beating Resident Evil 5.

And that shit was pretty weak, to say the least.

steedy333
04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
The worst ending i have seen on a game is Fallout 3 as you finish and even if you don't sacrifice your self you can't carry on to do side missions or get to a higher level if your already not that level.

CloudStr1f3
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Clive Barker's Jericho. You kill the final boss and then everyone swims through a tunnel of water. No joke.

Waggaz
04-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Fallout 3's endings were pretty weak.

I Decay I
04-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Bad Endings:
Halo 2
Halo 3
Gears of War 2
Two Worlds
Assassin´s Creed
Lost Odyssey

Wosrt:
Gears of War 2, because I expecting a really great fight agains the Brumak-thing

Norman Coxwell
04-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Bioshock's ending kind of sucked. Oh you adopted and gave all the little sisters a life. woo-hoo.

DisabledGamer
04-08-2009, 11:29 PM
from the games i have played..

Clive Barker's Jericho
Fallout 3
Gun
Lost Odyssey

have weak endings..

Edenstrife
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Halo 3 was pretty bad in my opinion....seemed to try to be alittle more dramatic than how I felt it actually was

GhOsT SLaYeR
04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
h3's was pretty bad, but legenedary ending was better... but still bad.

laundryman
04-09-2009, 01:51 AM
The original Halo ending was awful. It had the corniest line ever. "No, I think it's only just beginning"

WTF IS THAT?!?!

RedstaR
04-09-2009, 02:00 AM
The Avatar ending was pretty terrible

lolsarcasm. Anyways you guys should definitely use spoiler tags because some people may get pissed if they are just browsing and they just glance at the ending to a game they are anticipating.. I know I would be pretty angry. :O

spinflux
04-09-2009, 02:24 AM
Bioshock's ending kind of sucked. Oh you adopted and gave all the little sisters a life. woo-hoo.
I actually thought the antagonist ending was more of a let down.

Too.Sneaks
04-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Gears 2.

Hammer of Dawning a lambent Brumak? Wtf is that! You could barely even open the hammer ffs. Touching moments during the storyline but the ending was crap.

Except the little bit of Adam Fenix talking at the end. *Shakes with excitement* MEET THE QUEEN IN GEARS 3!!!

EnterTheFray
04-09-2009, 03:08 AM
i found preys to be bad?
all through the game i found it had a great story and then at the end i was like wtf...

KFZ Scrubs
04-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Clive Barker's Jericho. You kill the final boss and then everyone swims through a tunnel of water. No joke.
Yea, thats what i was going to nominate for worst ending.
I liked the game, it was alright, an underdog in my opinion.
But that ending was just..... stupid.
Well, hopefully we'll see something in the sequel.

master_shake_350
04-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Lost: Via Domus

It was so bad that I turned the TV off!

Halo 2, I wanted to throw my controller at the TV and then throw the TV

Another horrible ending!

TheInsanityInc
04-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Halo 1, 2, and 3 were definitely rubbish endings in comparison to how good everything else was in it.

IncensedCape
04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
The Avatar ending was pretty terrible

lolsarcasm. Anyways you guys should definitely use spoiler tags because some people may get pissed if they are just browsing and they just glance at the ending to a game they are anticipating.. I know I would be pretty angry. :O

Seriously, people need to use spoilers. I've not played Fallout 3 or Gears 2 yet and guess what, the retards in this forum have just spoiled them for me, Woohoo!! Lambent Brumak.....meet the Queen....Sacrifice yourself in Fallout 3. Thanks a lot :)

Anyway, Jericho easily wins this award. It's just terrible.

Jabbawocky
04-09-2009, 10:43 AM
The most recent horrible ending I played through has to be Prince of Persia 2008.

Headhunter 87
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Spoilers spoilers spoilers Jesus thankyou for not posting the end o resdent evil 5!!!

Fallout 3 is an epic fail atleast one of the dlc allows you to continue!!

Beansac McGee
04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
It's sad to hear GUN's ending sucks... I enjoyed what little I played earlier

Bluntman428
04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Spoilers spoilers spoilers Jesus thankyou for not posting the end o resdent evil 5!!!

Before I make any post containing spoilers, I think of just how furious I'd be if someone spoiled the ending of a great game for me.

I just wish more people did the same thing. :(

TheLastAntidote
04-09-2009, 01:13 PM
There's an easy answer to this, and it's every game that you play... With the exception of some RPG's on the Sega Genesis and some RPG's on the original Playstation, I don't think I've ever seen a good ending in a game.

If we're just counting the 360, then I have yet to find one with a good ending.

IncensedCape
04-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Before I make any post containing spoilers, I think of just how furious I'd be if someone spoiled the ending of a great game for me.

I just had Fallout 3 and Gears 2 ruined :) The mods need to add a spoiler tag to the thread title

TriRock
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM

Generally, I'd agree with you. However, this is a thread about game endings, so one shouldn't be too surprised to find, well, game endings.

jackanape
04-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Seriously, people need to use spoilers. I've not played Fallout 3 or Gears 2 yet and guess what, the retards in this forum have just spoiled them for me, Woohoo!! Lambent Brumak.....meet the Queen....Sacrifice yourself in Fallout 3. Thanks a lot :)

I'm not being funny, but this thread is about bad endings to games. So what the hell did you think people would be discussing? The endings to games maybe.

Though I do agree with you on the Jericho front - that ending was just pointless and lazy.

EDIT: Ha, didn't see the above post - beat me to it.

IncensedCape
04-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Lol, I agree that it's a thread about game endings, but people should still use spoiler tags if it's a MAJOR spoiler. If it's just 'Oh, XXX has a crap ending', that's fine, but if someone says 'Holy shit, XXXX dies at the end of XXXX', spoiler tags should be used, as that's what they're there for.

(Reading back, that last bit is awkward to read, oh well, lol).

Bieest Unit
04-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I skip endings, in any way possible. Even if you get the achievement after the ending, I just press the button on my remote, watch some tv and check back in 10 minutes. There's only a few games in which I am actually interested in the storyline and the videos/ending.

KFZ Scrubs
04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Lol, I agree that it's a thread about game endings, but people should still use spoiler tags if it's a MAJOR spoiler. If it's just 'Oh, XXX has a crap ending', that's fine, but if someone says 'Holy shit, XXXX dies at the end of XXXX', spoiler tags should be used, as that's what they're there for.

(Reading back, that last bit is awkward to read, oh well, lol).
mehh, guess your right.
I mean they'll be going into the thread not knowing what game's ending's will be discussed.
Also thanks a lot for the heads up on lost, guess i'll be skipping that ending.

DudeWithTheFace
04-09-2009, 03:42 PM

You didn't think spoilers may have been here?

Anyway Lost was really bad, as was Assassins Creed, but obviously there's more to that.

IncensedCape
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
You didn't think spoilers may have been here?

Anyway Lost was really bad, as was Assassins Creed, but obviously there's more to that.

To be honest, I opened the thread without even thinking, so I kinda deserve it :)

Jagged 88
04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Halo 3,
I was hoping for it to go something like this.

Everyone else on the battle field is dead and the master chief gets injured and knocked down to the floor, he looks ahead and sees an army of covenant charging and raging towards him. Then a short time later pods fall out of the sky and the master chief blacks out. The next thing you see is a Spartan helping you up to your feet and another handing you a shotgun, you look around and see a small army of about 100 Spartans, the clouds open up and you know you've got your back covered.

OneSweetShannon
04-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Arrrrghh! I haven't finished the game yet, will be doing so tonight or tomorrow. Boo for the spoiler!

Eternal Sonata...don't ever play that game unless you want to gouge your eyes out and then hate yourself for watching the ending.

So true. I LOVED the game. The ending however, was perhaps the biggest WTF moment of my life. And it lasted close to an hour on top of it. Excruciating! At least I wasn't required to watch the ending on my second playthrough.

Whistler
04-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Eternal Sonata by far! Just a Game Over screen had been better!

skull3k3
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
halo 3......

DudeWithTheFace
04-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh and Halo...because it kept going....should have been one game.....

OneSweetShannon
04-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Damn, you weren't kidding about that Jericho ending! LAME!

jediknights
04-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Halo 3 and Assasin's Creed, I didn't like the endings.

lid
04-10-2009, 04:37 AM
Whoever says Resident Evil 5 had a bad ending clearly has no taste in videogames whatsoever.

Beansac McGee
04-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Halo 2... sigh

MitchRoy
04-10-2009, 02:52 PM
My Horse and Me 2...Terrible Ending!!!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!! (Everybody dies...and gets ground up into Elmer's Glue)

IncensedCape
04-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Woohoo! A spoiler thread has been added to the thread title!

I am now satisfied ;)

Xoatl
04-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Far Cry 2.

Son of Kyuss
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Resident Evil 5's ending left me severely disappointed

Wesker's death was lame and if the next game is a reboot as the rumours are saying then wtf happened to the rest of the characters? It didn't end with the right closure instead only finishing off Chris/Jill's storyline : /

Juzt Skillz
04-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Gears 2 for sure.

Captain Fantasm
04-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Whoever says Resident Evil 5 had a bad ending clearly has no taste in videogames whatsoever.

Yep, I'm willing to be labelled with that then.

Seddo
04-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Too Human.

You kill the boss finish off a few last enemies and then walk down a path and it's over.

ohioman101
04-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Halo 3,

Everyone else on the battle field is dead and the master chief gets injured and knocked down to the floor, he looks ahead and sees an army of covenant charging and raging towards him. Then a short time later pods fall out of the sky and the master chief blacks out. The next thing you see is a Spartan helping you up to your feet and another handing you a shotgun, you look around and see a small army of about 100 Spartans, the clouds open up and you know you've got your back covered.

If only Bungie allowed you to write the story.

KNUCKS x360a
04-13-2009, 01:24 AM
The worst ending i have seen on a game is Fallout 3 as you finish and even if you don't sacrifice your self you can't carry on to do side missions or get to a higher level if your already not that level.

Was about to say this too! - I agree, Amazing game - Wack Ending!

SheepBoy
04-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Any game that ends with something like;

"We won, we are finally free. Now we can move on to bigger and better things. Get ready for action"

The End.

Pisses me off so bad. Trying to set up a sequel and usually ruining the ending.

YungMoney313
04-13-2009, 02:03 AM
NBA Live 07......jk..lol for me it'll have to be Splinter Cell DA.

arbiter4566
04-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Halo 3,

That's not that bad, besides the fact that it goes against everything that happens in Halo 3. Also, Halo 3's ending was decent, it was the end to a trilogy. As for a bad ending, gears of war wins it for me. After I saw it I was just thinking now what? CoD 4 had a decent ending for sure.

Painkiller Q8
04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
GEARS 2
Alone in the dark

Mr Random Hero
04-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Halo 2's got to be the most disappointing one out there. I dislike all endings that set up for a sequel that is either years off or not coming at all say the likes of Gears 2, Fear 1/2 and Prey.

stevanov
04-13-2009, 08:00 PM
halo2 and fable2 omg that sucked
cant think of any others

Metalsocks
04-14-2009, 01:40 AM
For such an "epic" (heh) game, and after riding in on the back of a fucking Burmak we get.... to point a laser at the middle of the screen. FUN!

Paka
04-03-2012, 10:55 PM
This is old, but I'm bumping it since I just finished Arcania: Gothic 4. Hands down the worst ending I've ever seen, and this is even comparing it to some of the basic "Congrats!" screens from the NES era. Made absolutely no fucking sense at all. :confused:

Spanish Assault
04-03-2012, 11:34 PM
This is old, but I'm bumping it since I just finished Arcania: Gothic 4. Hands down the worst ending I've ever seen, and this is even comparing it to some of the basic "Congrats!" screens from the NES era. Made absolutely no fucking sense at all. :confused:
That has to be the oldest thread bump...in history. You do get bonus points for searching for a topic, instead of making a new one.

I gotta say the "multiple endings" to Mass Effect 3 were a let down.

Rage ending was weird..it just ended....

hydrosugar
04-04-2012, 02:24 AM
That has to be the oldest thread bump...in history.

Haha not even close.

For me it's PoP 2008. It literally made everything you did up to that point utterly useless.

Ice Car
04-04-2012, 02:30 AM
That has to be the oldest thread bump...in history. You do get bonus points for searching for a topic, instead of making a new one.

And that has to be the most predictable response I have ever seen. :p

inb4Borderlands

StolenPaper18
04-04-2012, 02:36 AM
And that has to be the most predictable response I have ever seen. :p

inb4Borderlands

BORDERLANDS! oh, damn it. ;)

Seriously though...Borderlands was pretty bad, lol.

Wildmn34
04-04-2012, 02:46 AM
For me the one that sticks out the most right now is Rage.

Had so much anticipation for that game. Enjoyed all of it then... done, game over, so anti-climatic.

bigbear2face
04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Ok I can tell a lot of you are youngish gamers just because you've actually picked any current or recent generation game...

My Pick: Every single game from the 1980s and early 1990s.

Sample ending:

You beat the end boss.

Black Screen pops up.

THE END! CONGRATULATIONS!

Credits roll.

Your best hope was that some really "cool" midi-music was playing.

iBuzz7S
04-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I think Fable II had a stupid ending.

You have to make one of three choices and you are stuck with it. The final decision should be easy, but I hate that there is no other way to retrieve your dog, although I have read that one of the add-ons has your dog come back to life, so it renders the ending pointless.

Toams07
04-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Fable 2
Hated it

N7 Shadow
04-04-2012, 02:46 PM
To be honest I thought this was another Mass Effect 3 thread lol ;)

fotyfoe
04-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Fable 2 ending was pure crap. A definate WTF moment in gaming.

Paka
04-04-2012, 07:39 PM

Haha, yeah, it was a tricky call since some forums prefer you to make new topics and not bump stuff while others want you to use existing ones. Since this fit perfectly, went with the bump... plus, figured it was an appropriate topic now because of Mass Effect 3. ;)

Opiate42
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Okay these go back a day or two and older games had notoriously terrible endings. I think just at the time devs didn't realize what kind of impact an ending would truly have.

Quake. You go through hell and then some, teleport yourself INTO the big bad boss guy thing creature thing. It blows up and ... you stand there. Credits roll. WTF?!?!

Diablo. Beat the big bad guy, pick up evil crystal of evilness and... slam into your own forehead. Because you know that's what I want to do with shiny evil crystal things. Treat it like a drunk college jackass treats a beer can.

Kairi
04-04-2012, 08:08 PM
To be honest I thought this was another Mass Effect 3 thread lol ;)
Haha you weren't the only one! I thought the exact same thing until I noticed this was an old topic XD

A game I can think of is Ninety-Nine Nights. I love this game, but the ending wasn't great. After the King of the Night is defeated... he just has a rant about humans and is like "Who will you destroy next?" and then it just ends there >_> I wish there would have been a short scene after that to end it better.
I also think Battle Fantasia could have used a little bit of improvement with the ending. I think the story mode was ok, especially since it's a fighting game and they normally don't have much of one, but I feel like it would have been better if they added some type of "True ending" like what really happened since there are multiple endings in the game.

Dexter010
04-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Red Dead Redemption
Brink
Just Cause 2
All Call of Duty games

Schism
04-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Clive Barkers Jericho...beat last boss and you jump into the ocean. *roll credits* I wanted to snap my game in half. I checked online to see if that was the only ending... </3

Alone in the Dark- the ending did nothing. oh the end of the world is coming..and satan is re-incarnated...but Im just gonna walk away all cool. END

The ending for Operation Raccoon city was garbage as well. Oh well no matter what choice you have to fight your team. Even though no explanation is given (or cutscene) and no explanation after the events (we are just gonna walk around Raccoon city, I guess).

ChickinOnaChain
04-05-2012, 01:44 AM
RDR and LA Noire

sheldipez
04-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Everybody always picks on Halo2's cliffhanger ending but for me Half-Life 2 trumped it in everyway, at least in Halo2 the Chief sets up the final fight back on earth for part 3. I'll not spoil it for anyone that hasn't played it (go read wiki) but Half-Life 2 was an "OMG thats it? What happened? They die? We can't leave it there!" finale. I played it on original XBOX and sat there through the whole of the credits waiting for the post credits "HA! That wasn't really the ending.." but it never comes.

Skilled
04-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Fable 2 was terrible.

hydrosugar
04-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I think Fable II had a stupid ending.

You have to make one of three choices and you are stuck with it. The final decision should be easy, but I hate that there is no other way to retrieve your dog, although I have read that one of the add-ons has your dog come back to life, so it renders the ending pointless.

I let my dog die for money, only to find out afterwards cash is incredibly easy to come by. >_>

Hansathan
04-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Red Dead Redemption
Brink
Just Cause 2
All Call of Duty games

RDR and LA Noire

I don't think RDR's ending was bad...it was just a shock. I replayed it so many times to see if I could survive that gun fight. Man, that's a brutal scene. I also didn't hate playing as Jack for the last bit of my time with the game, unlike most people.

As for Brink...the game itself was bad all around. Don't even remember the ending.

LA Noire? Didn't finish it. It bored me to death. One of the few games I paid full retail price for that I didn't even bother completing.

iBuzz7S
04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I let my dog die for money, only to find out afterwards cash is incredibly easy to come by. >_>
I read the first part and my initial reaction was "you bastard!". :p

I was able to select all 3 endings (sign out of profile once achievement unlocked), but ended up saving with my dog alive. But yes, money is too easy to come by in the game, which is another reason why I did not like the game as much as the first.

hydrosugar
04-05-2012, 11:41 AM
I read the first part and my initial reaction was "you bastard!". :p

I was able to select all 3 endings (sign out of profile once achievement unlocked), but ended up saving with my dog alive. But yes, money is too easy to come by in the game, which is another reason why I did not like the game as much as the first.

Oh man even I think I'm a bastard reading the first part, what an evil 7 words lol. I did all 3 endings in the one playthrough as well, I just ended on the cash one. But after I started raking in the millions easily through rent, I got depressed that my dog was dead, so I deleted the save file.(Which I never do.) Though as luck would have it I got my hands on the GoTY edition, and had to beat the game again to play the DLC. The one save file I delete...

At least I learnt my lesson though, chose to save my dog this time.

ADAMS No2
04-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Gears of War 3
Played this through in 4 player co-op with my 3 brothers and we all agreed that the whole story lacked any real strengh but the ending was a major letdown, it failed to explain just about everything (why's the queen human?). Felt to us like a great big cop-out!

Didi Mau
04-05-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought the Saboteur was rather anticlimactic, I think Sean would've ended it against Dierker in a more brutal manner after all the pain he's been through- it's a damn short ending, to boot.

I really liked L.A. Noire's ending personally, though not many people seem to agree. As the story progressed we could see that Cole wasn't the saint that the first impression wanted to give us, but he was aware of his past and wanted to atone. It's a bleak ending with Roy not being punished, but I wouldn't have wrote it any differently to how they did it.

ShazamFTW
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Gotta say Final Fantasy XIII-2. You half finish the game, you die in the ending.

You totally finish it to 100%, you die, so does god, and the world is doomed.

WTF?

Never been so mad to complete a final fantasy...

Jakez123
04-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Gotta say Final Fantasy XIII-2. You half finish the game, you die in the ending.

You totally finish it to 100%, you die, so does god, and the world is doomed.

WTF?

Never been so mad to complete a final fantasy...

You forgot to mention that the boss you spent the whole game trying to stop trolls you and turns out to actually win by destroying time itself, atleast we have a FF villain which actually does something (inb4 kefka)

KeepEmRolling
04-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I loved the ending to RDR...loved it. Happy? No....Good? Yes.

My pick on the 360 is Divinity II. I scrapped plans for a second playthrough after how it ended.

moogles
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
borderlands.

KillerBEA
09-10-2012, 10:40 PM
The ending in any Bethesda console RPG has left me wanting a better ending.

Oblivion lets not have a final boss fight and have you run for your life right next to this awesome looking boss. Could of done so much more with that.

The big bad Dragon Alduin battle in Skyrim felt a little anti-climatic. Again could of done more with it.

Fallout 3 I actually preferred the original ending because it was very final and ended yah know the story instead of leaving it open. The main character doesn't have to survive every game which leads me to my next statement.

I liked how well done RDR ending was. John died a good death and having his Son get revenge many years later was amazing.

Happy ending does not mean it was a good ending.

Barad
09-10-2012, 11:02 PM
I think Fallout 3 pretty much sums up the worst ending of bad endings..

WipeoutBoy1
09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Mass effect 3 utter shit.

Tsaako
09-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Can't think of many that comes to mind but Driver: San Francisco is one I can thnk of right now.

THE DEADLY DOG
09-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Halo 1 ending was crap? Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

DragonessAthena
09-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Fable series. Fable 1 you can butcher everyone you come across, yet still become the great big hero loved by.. no one, since you murdered them all. Fable 2 had weak endings, and Fable 3, even if you were a cold blooded murdered, you sat there crying over Walter.

DecadentBeaver
09-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Prey
Fable 2
Fable 3
Just Cause 2
Skyrim
Two Worlds
Gears of War 1
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Too Human
Wet (the boss fight and ending)

Truly awful pieces of crap for each game ending I mentioned. Never did bother finishing Mass Effect 3 as it bored the crap out of me. So I can't comment on that.

Blackest Metal
09-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Worst ending ive seen is Kane & Lynch 2. It just ends....

Chris Recall
09-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Half Life 2 on the Xbox is my worst ending ever. You get and incredible game that just stops. Seeing as its in the Orange box it remains my worst ending.

To be fair with orange box you can go straight into episode 1and2 but not so bad but when you consider it was released alone its awful.

Edit: i'll add Bioshock to my list to. So good untill the end boss

Ham Woopan
09-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Gears of War 3. The entire game blew horribly.

Whispin627
09-11-2012, 01:09 PM
RDR and LA Noire

Couldn't agree more w L.A. Noire. Gameplay was cool but the ending was a massive cop out IMHO.

TheSonic360
09-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)...
That kiss... UGH.

sicklyplague
09-14-2012, 04:17 AM
ME3, need i say more?

Spade.
09-14-2012, 04:22 AM
The Legend Of Spyro: A New Beginning. Left a lot unanswered.

TacticalTodger
09-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Fifa 11 apparently my team didn't even win the league!! I'd like to say oblivion for not actually fighting the dragon but I'm going to go with Fable 2 oh damn that was dumb.. No boss fight once again just your dog jumping on front of the bullet?...Might as well add fable 3 to get list too.

ShadoW zonE
09-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Clive Baker's Jericho has a pretty bad ending! You just go to a portal, fight a boss and then you are in the middle of the ocean... The End...

Also Rage has a bad ending. No boss, no nothing... Just kill some easy enemies and roll the credits...

Kunduz
09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Fable 2 (Music box, art thou kidding me?)

niko da bos
09-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Fable 2 (Music box, art thou kidding me?)

i've got to agree, that Fable2 ending was pretty bad. the game itself i enjoyed a lot, but the ending :confused:. if i remember correct, that was the one where you just hit lucien 1 time and you win lol. after opening the music box or something.

ME3 ending takes the cake for me, im still taking a long break from the game. after reading all of the novels + playing every game, getting to that ending was pretty depressing. i always thought this meme summed it up well :p

http://reclaimer105.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/yodawgme3.jpg?w=490&h=316

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-14-2012, 03:04 PM
With the extended cut. Mass effect 3 was brilliant IMO. Knew it would be in here tho. The worst ending i can think of is L.A noire. great game ending was pointless

Felonious Monk
09-14-2012, 03:35 PM
The original Halo ending was awful. It had the corniest line ever. "No, I think it's only just beginning"

WTF IS THAT?!?!

Since this got bumped anyway...

People give Halo a lot of shit, and I think that it's not fair for storyline purposes since they've been fleshing out something huge for a long time, but we can definitely pick on the dialogue. That's one of the bad ones in the franchise. Here's another:

"Where are we going?"

"To war."

{spits out coffee}

REALLY?

Fallen Mercy
09-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Red Dead Redemption - I mean its a great game then *spoilers*

he dies and you play as his kid wondering around a farm doing busy work like you normally do during the beginning of a game. It's not just the ending, it's like the last hour of gameplay too!!!

CyberPunch83
09-14-2012, 03:54 PM
*Spoiler Alert*

I thought the ending to Batman: Arkham City was fitting, given what was led up to with that game and Arkham Asylum preceding it. But the ending still kind of got to me. For a couple days I couldn't go back to the game to start on the Riddler challenges, I had to let it sink in what had transpired.
Games haven't had that kind of impact on me in quite a long time, so at the same time I was still somewhat shocked by the ending, I was relieved to see that games can still be crafted to leave the player actually feeling something rather then just thinking 'on to the next one'.

Tsaako
09-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Red Dead Redemption - I mean its a great game then *spoilers*

he dies and you play as his kid wondering around a farm doing busy work like you normally do during the beginning of a game. It's not just the ending, it's like the last hour of gameplay too!!!

It wasn't so bad, normally most games would have ended after he got his family back, I did disagree of the last few missions where it went back to basics. The way he died was great, coming out like a real man and fighting to the death. I didn't like how his death was revenged though, could of been a great segway for a sequal.

Carrion
09-14-2012, 07:40 PM
God of War III has an insulting ending. If I hadn't have put down my controller to watch the credits I probably would have thrown it through the TV.

Killzone 3 had a bad one, too. It just ends.

Halo Reach had a bad ending in that the game's story could have been done far better making the finale meaningful rather than just another death.

Kunduz
09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
i've got to agree, that Fable2 ending was pretty bad. the game itself i enjoyed a lot, but the ending :confused:. if i remember correct, that was the one where you just hit lucien 1 time and you win lol. after opening the music box or something.

You didn't even have to do anything after opening the musicbox. Reaver would just finish of Lucien, if you felt reluctant to do so...

Opiate42
09-14-2012, 08:12 PM
You didn't even have to do anything after opening the musicbo. Reaver would just finish of Lucien, if you felt reluctant to do so...

Never even made it to the ending of Fable 2. Hated it.

Recently... gotta say the ending of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, oh my what an anticlimactic ball of tripe that was.

Shiftie
09-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Well I think one of the more disappointing endings was Far Cry 2, I mean I just saved like..all of Africa..and they're gonna just kill me off? At least you could choose how you died -.- I'd say that went along with the theme of the game, so it wasn't really a horrible ending, just depressing. Kinda like the end of Halo: Reach, epicly depressing.

AnX
09-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Assassin's creed. Awesome francaise but Ubisoft use it only to make money and nothing else. I love AC so I always wait for the price drop or used copies, but I fell betrayed by Ubisoft. I've to but pieces of stories they removed, and game that answer to anything and make you understand that you'll have to pay again for the sequel and hope in an explanation.

gary55k
11-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Fable series. Fable 1 you can butcher everyone you come across, yet still become the great big hero loved by.. no one, since you murdered them all. Fable 2 had weak endings, and Fable 3, even if you were a cold blooded murdered, you sat there crying over Walter.
i have 2 agree with you there they have some bad endings
Mine has to be Knights of the old republic 2 after palying the 1st one then playing 2nd it was a week boring ending.

Giptuc
11-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Mass. Effect. 3.

Would have been a great ending had you not had the ability to make all the choices throughout the three games just to have 3 preset endings there.

metalsteelix
11-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Final Fantasy Xiii-2. The ending was dramatic saying ''To be Continued'' While Square Enix wasn't even sure if they would even release a new game or DLC >->

Bleeding Star
11-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Fantastic 4 on PS1

Game done, 10 second cutscene

Mr Fantastic: Well done team, lets go home. *flies off Fantasticar*

Fade to black

THE DEADLY DOG
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Mass. Effect. 3.

Would have been a great ending had you not had the ability to make all the choices throughout the three games just to have 3 preset endings there.

I am dreading playing ME3 for this reason. =x

sleepydumbdude
11-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Mass Effect 3. It really didn't matter on most the choices that I made. Also pretty much closed itself off for dlc happening after the end which I like. I'm not buying any of the dlc since it really doesn't matter either way. I'm pretty much done with the franchise since anything further that they do will probably be prequels and I don't care for those.

THE DEADLY DOG
11-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Mass Effect 3. It really didn't matter on most the choices that I made. Also pretty much closed itself off for dlc happening after the end which I like. I'm not buying any of the dlc since it really doesn't matter either way. I'm pretty much done with the franchise since anything further that they do will probably be prequels and I don't care for those.

I would be surprised if they tried to extend the series. O_o

Toon
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm still debating either Mass Effect 3 or Assassins Creed 3. Mass effect 3....nothing else to say. Assassins creed 3, the overall game was fantastic. The ending was...strange. I didn't like it at first. So I replayed it. Still didn't change my mind. But it's the end of the Desmond story. So maybe I didn't like the fact that he died and stuff. But ME3....fuck that. 1000/1000 and I'm never touching it again. We'll see how ME4 goes.

niko da bos
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
I would be surprised if they tried to extend the series. O_o

If they did, i was under the impression it would be a prequel of some sort. Like on the First contact war, krogan rebellions or something in that era. i actually wouldn't mind trying that out at all. Another idea i would like is if they based it around cpt. Anderson, there is a lot that happened in the novels before Mass Effect.

I still maintain that ME3 was the worst ending i ever experienced. After investing years into the games + novels, im still taking a break because of that ending. Haven't played since they added some DLC ending, actually have about 10+ sheprds i never bothered importing to ME3:confused:.

Mjkjets
11-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Here's one nobody mentioned. Tomb Raider Underworld. You play through 2 games (Tomb Raider Legend) to reunite Lara with her mother. Only to be disappointed. I won't spoil it for you. My 2nd place vote goes to KOTOR 2. I'd pay Obsidian good money if they actually finished it.

gary55k
11-28-2012, 05:35 PM
I am dreading playing ME3 for this reason. =x

i still need 2 dust my ME3 of and play it again

incinerator950
11-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Professionally, Mass Effect 3. Personally, Borderlands 1 Vanilla game was very dissapointing. Although at least it followed the games running characteristics, ME3 was just rushed and flawed to begin with.

Shiftie
11-28-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm still debating either Mass Effect 3 or Assassins Creed 3. Mass effect 3....nothing else to say. Assassins creed 3, the overall game was fantastic. The ending was...strange. I didn't like it at first. So I replayed it. Still didn't change my mind. But it's the end of the Desmond story. So maybe I didn't like the fact that he died and stuff. But ME3....fuck that. 1000/1000 and I'm never touching it again. We'll see how ME4 goes.

Spoiler alert. /facepalm. AC3 sucks anyway, can't say I care that you spoiled the ending. ME3, however, was great.

l3lackitty
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Happy Wars. It's like most free games on smart phones, where only a % of the game is free, and you need to spend real money (obviously more than you would for an arcade game itself) to get other features and additions.

Carrion
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
If we're counting after credits scenes then God of War III. The tone of the game says finale, and what happens after the credits is a big middle finger.

PiMaC
12-02-2012, 03:18 AM
To me it's clearly RAGE
I knew the game was finished because of the pop of the achievement. I was like "uhhh.....it's finished???"

StayonTarget
12-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Homefront. It was just disappointing.

personalriger
12-02-2012, 10:28 AM
mass effect 3 nof say`d

The Stache
12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Red Faction: Guerrilla was slightly disappointing.

Spade.
12-03-2012, 04:22 AM
CoD 4, MW2, and Halo Reach.

Kritikal Pwnage
12-03-2012, 04:28 AM
COD Black Ops 2
ME3
Fable 3
COD MW2
FEAR
Batman: Arkham City
Darkness II

Blueballs88
12-03-2012, 07:04 AM
ME3 and Fable 3

Chris Recall
12-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Half Life 2 was crap without episodes being added to it.

Same applys to Fallout 3 which was a huge letdown to an awesome game.

Bioshock was pretty bad but not as bad coz the 2nd half of the game got steadily worse so it was expected.

pineappletree
12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
By far the worst ending ive come across for a long time is Assassins Creed 3, actually i was disappointed by the entire game anyway, the ending just made it that extra bit tedious.

Oh and Final Fantasy XIII-2, especially seeing as SE are debating whether or not to make the next one a PS3 exclusive or multi platform.

Zukied
12-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Rage. It was fucking so annoying ! still played it true like 3 times trying to get the 100% chevo to pop but it didnt :(

dubztep x360a
12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
COD Black Ops 2
ME3
Fable 3
COD MW2
FEAR
Batman: Arkham City
Darkness II

Agree with every one of them, Batman is an exception though.

RyTunes43
12-09-2012, 12:53 PM
AC3 - other than the glitchy gameplay...I wish they game me a choice at the end. Highly disappointed with the ending.

Goblin93
12-09-2012, 06:50 PM
halo 2 for me was the worst...im usually whatevers about endings but that one just made me mad

combustible lemon
12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
RAGE just stops like id ran out of money.
Bioshock's was a letdown. Both endings are very brief and the ending you get for harvesting even just 1 little sister is just so off the wall mental.
Fallout 3's ending is probably the worst I can think of.

First you get partnered with that stupid optimus prime robot that serves the soul purpose of giving the writers a way to let the massively under equipped and outnumbered good guys magically beat a force they shouldn't be able to beat. Then, once you activate the purifier, you get that lame slideshow.
In Fallout 1 and 2 (and later New Vegas), the slideshow is there to show you how all your decisions and actions affected and shaped the people and places you encountered on your journey. The minute long one in 3 basically says "He/she was good/bad. He/she died doing good/bad".

Then broken steel comes along and ruins the already crap ending even further. The Enclave that your magical robo-buddy just destroyed is now back to full power and needs to be stopped once again!
The purifiers radiation that killed your dad was magically unable to kill you for weak narrative purposes so that bethesda could release another DLC!
The only real choice you got to make in the story (poison the purifier) and the only chance the game gave you to pick a side (sort of), gets completely brushed over so that if you did poison it, everyone except you is completely fine and never notices that anything is wrong!

But who cares that the story is needlessly extended? I can semi-aimlessly run around the wasteland to my hearts content!...Just like before I finished the game and installed BS.

Cann0nSen5ei
12-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Martyrdom/scapegoat endings.
ME3 was a failure of galactic proportions. the extended ending was just more narrative garbage, along with conversations with the Catalyst if you downloaded some of the pointless DLC, namely the Leviathin DLC which explains that the Leviathins were the Apex species/ the creators of the Catalyst and that the first reaper, Harbringer, was a leviathin. Bioware closed off the ability for a Mass Effect sequel with this DLC that i will not waste my money on.

Fable 3 was also a letdown, as the game expects you to get all weepy along with the Hero over Walter dying.

Bioshock 2 was actually pretty decent IMO, it made you emotionally invest in a character that DOESN'T die, and you 'live on' in said character in a way that is not entirely symbolic AND ties into one of the games' main themes.

i thought that Martyrdom/Scapegoat themes died with the Roman Empire...

Akuza
12-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Call of duty modern warfare 2

The fact that it was a cliff hangar and a stupidly short game makes it the worst ending ever.

Yalic
12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Pre patched ME3 ending sucked a lot

Sampson
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Sonic Rush . . . just awful >_< Although that's for the DS.

The Robo
12-11-2012, 01:23 AM
ME 3, Halo 4 & Fable 3

Johnthundr
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
When Halo 2 ended it made me almost rage so hard.

Cann0nSen5ei
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
When Halo 2 ended it made me almost rage so hard.
Ha, i know what you mean. endings that say "hey, action will happen!" just don't work too well with a series that takes forever to make.
like the ending of Spartan Ops season 1
my head almost exploded when i found out that i had to wait X amount of years for Halo 3 to come out.

NerdyKris
12-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Mega Man Legends.

Evil guy- "Hey, you're a robot and you have a name and apparently some purpose. Oh, and we're going to destroy the world together!"

Mega Man- "No way!"

EG- "Well, in that case, you'll have to destroy me and I won't tell you anything!"

*Fight ensues*

Obnoxious Robot Monkey- "You put your memories in me before reverting to an infant form. I can tell you everything, but not ye~t!" (Seriously, a sing song voice)

THEN THE END. I seriously wanted to mail that game back to Capcom but my mom wouldn't let me. (I was young then. I know, what was that, the stone age?) It was the worst ending of any game ever. Had they not said anything, it would have been fine. But no. They had to have the damn monkey MOCK YOU ABOUT THE LACK OF AN ENDING. :mad:

AcE xX MaJoR
12-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Mass Effect 3 has the worst ending I ever played. I was in love with the game until final scene where you are in the citadel talking to something called the catalyst. It was extremely confusing and boring, not to mention that I was half asleep at the time. Normally you can either pick the paragon or the renegade option but I was completely lost that I had to restart from the beginning of the mission to understand the options I have. Endings are supposed to catch your attention not put you to sleep.

Cann0nSen5ei
12-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Endings are supposed to catch your attention not put you to sleep.

endings are also supposed to make sense.

NerdyKris
12-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Mass Effect 3 was awful. If you downloaded Leviathan, you can clearly see that they were planning on explaining it there, and was the DLC they pushed back for the extended ending. It's just baffling that they thought this didn't need to be in the main game. Not to mention the abrupt "Hey, you just annihilated the galaxy" ending.

XBlyndSDragonX
01-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Mass Effect 3 was awful. If you downloaded Leviathan, you can clearly see that they were planning on explaining it there, and was the DLC they pushed back for the extended ending. It's just baffling that they thought this didn't need to be in the main game. Not to mention the abrupt "Hey, you just annihilated the galaxy" ending.

I never got to Mass Effect 3, The first one was ok... Good even, I figure the worst one out there as far as endings is likely a game I never made it to the end of because the beginning or middle sucked. Barely got into Superman Returns before I took it out of my system and turned it into a flying flaming disc of death!

Tsaako
01-19-2013, 02:49 AM
Hitman: Absolution. I wouldn't say it was a bad ending but rather a cheap ending. Was curious to see what direction things could of went if Diana stayed dead..

Death Metal Jim
01-19-2013, 02:54 AM
Clive Barker's Jericho has the worst 'ending' (if you can even call it that) I've seen this generation. Ghosts N Goblins still has the worst ending of all time though.

SinEchoHunter
01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Darksiders 2 its not a bad ending its just a this happens oh the end
(the manga version's ending of eternal sonata is different from the game)

The Pandamic
01-21-2013, 10:31 PM
ME3 was pretty bad. I can't shake those last 10 minutes.

Loopy Altitude
01-21-2013, 10:47 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't like Halo 4's ending. 343 never explained why the Covenant was there the entire game (I read one of the tie-in books, so I knew, but I wasn't pleased when I reached the end and realized they never explained them at all), why they had the main villain finally show himself in mission 4 or so, and then not have him show up until the last level, and then have him, when he's supposed to be a sentient being that precursed humans, be felled by a single grenade.

Also, I never really cared about any of the "new" characters. In Halo: CE, at least they didn't try to make you think about the characters, but in Halo 4, most of the cutscenes felt like a soap opera.

/rantend

Maxfoiler
01-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Weak endings seems to be the new in thing nowadays

Gageamatron
01-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Weak endings seems to be the new in thing nowadays

They are keeping it incredibly vague for sequels sake.

Dexter010
01-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Red Dead Redemption

DecadentBeaver
01-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur. I actually really enjoyed the game, and spent 80 hours in it only to find the ending a bit lame. Still not going to stop Mr playing again on hard.

Spec Ops actually surprised me with having a half decent story and better than expected ending depending on your final choice.

Tsaako
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Just finished up with Borderlands (1st) story. If anything it left me with more questions than answers, which I didn't really like.

Have yet to play Borderlands 2 yet so hoping I'll get some answers from that.

NathyEsk
01-23-2013, 08:27 PM
That ME3 ending, just made you think every choice you ever made was pointless :(

Emfulz
01-23-2013, 10:15 PM
I think it was Assassin's Creed Brotherhood made me question why even bother?

Just finished up with Borderlands (1st) story. If anything it left me with more questions than answers, which I didn't really like.

Have yet to play Borderlands 2 yet so hoping I'll get some answers from that.

Don't count on it.

Spanish Assault
01-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Kingdoms of Amalur. I actually really enjoyed the game, and spent 80 hours in it only to find the ending a bit lame. Still not going to stop Mr playing again on hard.

Spec Ops actually surprised me with having a half decent story and better than expected ending depending on your final choice.
Aww man...I've been looking for KoA for a while now...hope you are wrong. On a side note I just bought Spec Ops and I'm looking forward to playing that one.

xXImSoBalzyXx
01-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Mass Effect 3, not to sound like the general butt hurt fan boy, but there was so much more there could have been done.

Spanish Assault
01-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Mass Effect 3, not to sound like the general butt hurt fan boy, but there was so much more there could have been done.
God I wish everyone would stop using this phrase...it's so childish. Yes we all know how bad the ME3 ending is. Shame too cause leading up to the ending the game was excellent.