PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly on xbox360 like Netflix

TheColdWolf
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey, do you think gamefly should do what netflix does. Meaning allowing you to play your games that are in your gameq on your xbox360 as long as you have a 2 or higher game plan? What do you think if it, it would be easier to play games and not have to wait for low or very low waighting games like Far Cry 2.

EOU Findub
04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey, do you think gamefly should do what netflix does. Meaning allowing you to play your games that are in your gameq on your xbox360 as long as you have a 2 or higher game plan? What do you think if it, it would be easier to play games and not have to wait for low or very low waighting games like Far Cry 2.

No way this would ever happen. Too many licensing issues among other things. Games are much more expensive than movies and while their aren't as many of them, it simply couldn't be done. The gaming industry would lose way too much money. They already lose quite a bit of money to the rental/used games industry as it is.

AmishFury
04-09-2009, 02:51 AM
considering you would have to download the whole game before playing

you can't simply stream a game like a movie...

CLET8
04-09-2009, 04:08 AM
I like the idea, but I think there would be too many issues. It would be sweet if I could play any game I wanted without leaving my house. I just don't think this will happen though.

TwztdAngel911
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
i wish they would it be awesome

Tele-Rock
04-10-2009, 04:51 PM
There are too many technical difficulties to achieve this currently, as well as the licensing issues to deal with. And beyond that Gamefly would find a way to fuck it up.

ferrara316
04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
if there was a way to gamefly arcade games lol That would be great but then the MS's money & profits will drop significantly

Rolyatkcinmai
04-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Terrible idea. This isn't even possible on a technical level. You can't stream a game. You could fully download it, or you could technically stream the gameplay if it were played at their location and transmitted to you, but that would take an absurd internet connection.

agentplatypus
04-11-2009, 01:04 AM
It's a good idea on paper, but in reality it just wouldn't work. There are too many factors that you have not taken into account.

This will not happen anytime soon.

Enter The Nutty
04-11-2009, 01:27 AM
That will never happen ever. Only way would be if you paid per game, kinda like the arcade. Its not feasible, unless you want to help them boost hard drive sales as well.