PDA

View Full Version : Rep Rumour

alwaysDeano
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi Guys,
My mate told me the other day that microsoft are going to start giving out day bans if you rep goes below 40% and a week ban if it goes below 20% with a possible full ban.
Apparently there doing this because of the amout of people on live now but i dont think this will work because of people giving other people bad feedback for no reason.

Seb The Sheep
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
If they are going to do that, they seriously need to rethink the whole system.

People will go out of their way to avoid people if they are bad, but generally, if you have a good game with a player, or they do nothing wrong, you won't go out of your way to leave good feedback, you'll just find another game.

Maybe if at the end of a game it just gave them the option between positive and negative, and they would choose one? Assuming if they chose negative they would go through the current procedure.

TheColdWolf
04-08-2009, 08:32 PM
This could never be true because MS are proud of the amount of people they have on live why do you think they announce when they such a high number of people signed up they sure don't want it too go down if they like announcing things like that.So rumor plus your friend could be lying to you.

Lebowski
04-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Again, the more people for Microsoft, the more money.
More people is a good thing.

It is just a rumor. Your friends are playing you.

agentplatypus
04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
My rep is at like %80 avoided for no good reason. I don't even use gamechat I always just talk with friends.

So if this done happen, then I'm fucked.

VeNGeD
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
My rep is at like %80 avoided for no good reason. I don't even use gamechat I always just talk with friends.

So if this done happen, then I'm fucked.
Same here, I only use my headset to talk if I play with people I know and I am at 52% avoided. I have no idea why people would submit a bad player review on me when I don't even use my headset.

SynysterMonkey
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I have 42% avoided. But the system is really stupid. I played for 4 hours on Gears 2, with no mic, and my avoided percentage raised from 39% ---> 42% and the reason was trash talking. Without a mic?

dillon
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I have 86% avoided, and people can avoid you for being to good which is one of the options so this is obviously not true.

Coadster1
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
It wouln't really affect me. :)

alwaysDeano
04-08-2009, 09:29 PM
i said to him its most proberly not true because m$ likes there money, the more people the better and he said where there is so many people on live the servers cant handle it so m$ are bringing this in to try to handle the problem.

Dont know who told him but when he told me he sounded quiet paniced so i thought i would see if anyone else has heard of this, wouldnt m$ have to announce this before they could do it

Bluntman428
04-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Ah, "friends". Always the most reliable source of news.

:rolleyes:

This will never happen. There's too much potential for abuse. All it would take is a few teams on Gears of War deciding in their party chat that they were all gonna give you negative feedback, and you'd be banned.

I'm at like 66% avoided. Before I started playing Gears of War 1, I was at 86% preferred. But some sad people leave you bad feedback just for beating them, so my score went down quickly.

MK English Jash
04-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I really hate people who send bad rep for fun

GrUnTxSKaTeR
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I have 64% avoid. 21% is from trash talk, language, and being disruptive which is funny because I rarely use a mic. :rolleyes:

Seany Show
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I highly doubt that Microsoft will implament a rule such as this one. I have 60% avoided and very rarely have my headset on if I am not in a party. So it would be flawed from the start. Plus people very rarely give good feedback to people as they will just acknowledge instead that it was a good game but they will go out of the way to give people bad feedback if they have been pissed off.

If you need confirmation email Stepto@xbox.com as he is the head of Policy and Enforcement of Xbox Live and is the one who gives bans to people.

ferrara316
04-08-2009, 11:29 PM
if your friends dont have proof dont go around posting this obvious false rumor on this board....

Think before you post people!

antnie
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I think I am at 83 Percent avoided or something like that. So I guess I would be banned.

Baryonyx
04-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Same here, I only use my headset to talk if I play with people I know and I am at 52% avoided. I have no idea why people would submit a bad player review on me when I don't even use my headset.

Maybe they just thought you were playing like an ass? I don't usually leave bad feedback over voice communications, in that situation I'll usually tell them to shut up. If they're team killing/camping/hoarding/whatever (irrespective of voice coms) I'll leave bad feedback.

II RUFF II
04-09-2009, 12:57 AM
This will never happen, people would just give bad rep to one another which will then lead to possibly having no one online lol!

l Absolution l
04-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Hi Guys,
My mate told me the other day that microsoft are going to start giving out day bans if you rep goes below 40% and a week ban if it goes below 20% with a possible full ban.
Apparently there doing this because of the amout of people on live now but i dont think this will work because of people giving other people bad feedback for no reason.

I doubt that. As stated, the Rep system is flawed, meaning you can get bad repped for no reason. I.E: Getting repped Trash Talking for winning a game, etc. So, if this is true then 90% of Xbox LIVE would be getting banned.

monkeyhappy
04-09-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm pretty sure the rep system is wank really. I gave someone negative rep the other day with my 5 stars, when they had only 3 stars before I repped them, yet afterwards they had risen to 4 and 1/2 stars! Making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

dakisbac
04-09-2009, 02:58 AM
They should just remove the system altogether. Good/bad rep doesn't even increase/decrease the possibility of playing with them anyways, so as it stands, all it serves is an outlet for butthurt people.

Also, for those of you getting bad rep'd for no mic, that could actually be the reason why. I always ask why people even bother play on XBL if they don't have a mic. It makes it very hard to coordinate in team games when someone has no mic.

KFZ Scrubs
04-09-2009, 03:31 AM
Well thank god thats a rumor because thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
What if i'm mad about a guy beating me on GoW and then i go here and start accusing him of something and telling everyone to give him bad rep?
That doesn't really sound fair to rely on the rep system for banning. I know people give you bad rep most the time when they lose.

XxDarkMaster1xX
04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Your mate told you?You mind telling us where he got this idea from?

danowat32
04-09-2009, 10:44 AM
How does one find out how "avoided" they are?

Dragon's Heart
04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
That would be gay as hell if it was true, especially since I get bad rep all the time just because I win...People don't like getting beat by a girl I guess:p...I've been bad rep several times, but the only one it says is for being to aggressive, OMG its a fighting game, aren't you supposed to be aggressive...I don't ever talk to the people that I play with, unless they are my friends...

Headhunter 87
04-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Won't happen anyone who is got at a game will end up banned us people will report them because theyveooped them

YoungFate
04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Well ban me I'm 89% avoided

I have a 50% quit earily and a 30% Trash Talk

All from Gears of War...I never quit games and I never talk in public matches

So goes to show you how flawed the rep system is.

XLO
04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Even if that is true, so what?

Are you that much of a prick that 4 out of 5 people hate you over Live?

(just speaking in general about Original post, not anybody in particular)

master_shake_350
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Is this for the stars or the stats given if you check your rep on your xbox?

If its the stats looks like I will be banned for a while!

alwaysDeano
04-09-2009, 04:54 PM
just messaged my friend to ask him where he heard this from will reply when he messages me back.
I think they should take the rep system out but keep the avoid/prefer but fix it so it works lol

Are you that much of a prick that 4 out of 5 people hate you over Live?

nope, dont even use a mic i will have it plugged in but will be in party chat so i dont hear voices coming through my t.v and no one goes out there way to give good feedback online.

InkedUp
04-09-2009, 05:01 PM
3 words, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN

alwaysDeano
04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
just heard back from my friend and he said his friend told him so its one of those friend of a friend things.

ferrara316
04-09-2009, 08:48 PM
just heard back from my friend and he said his friend told him so its one of those friend of a friend things.

LMFAO!!! this is why you shouldnt have started this topic in the first place!

Lock the thread yourself, before this gets shut down by a mod.

Bobafettjm
04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that would never happen. I have heard people coming up with rumors like that since the 360 has been around.

Seany Show
04-09-2009, 09:16 PM

I believe that has now answered it for everyone!!haha :locked

Biodrive
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
I won a few free for all matches in a row (A few being a reasonable amount) and my rep went from 30% avoided to its current 62%. The funny thing is its as if they simply picked the first option available to them which was text messages or something. Its a system that is being abused.

Blue Radium
04-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Hi Guys,
This system could only work if, God forbid, games went the way of 2k Sports games, and forced you to leave feedback after every game. The reason for this is that people will take the time to avoid an asshole, but they won't take the time to prefer a polite person.

Seth
04-10-2009, 03:04 AM
If that was true, that'd be bullshit. Mine is really low, even though I rarely talk to people I don't know on xbl.

Bobafettjm
04-14-2009, 03:38 AM
I try and give good feedback for those I liked playing with. I encourage everyone to leave good feedback for someone you had a good time playing with.

CyanideBreathMint
04-14-2009, 03:51 AM
We here at X360A - and by we, I'm speaking of logically thinking members of the board - do not comment on rumours or speculations. :p

Kamakazi Pear
04-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm 40% preferred, 60% avoided. (Wow it actually went it)

Firstly, the ratings are rubbish. If you get 100 good reviews and 50 bad reviews, I bet your rep would decrease.

I play on CoD4/Halo 3, talk only to mates in party chat, never leave. Yet I have - 2% Trash Talk, 2% Language, 9% Disruptive, 9% Aggressive, 44% Unsporting, 16% Quit Early. Well unless they bad repped Aggressive etc for killing them ingame, and unsporting for killing them... And the Trash Talk etc for what they said when I killed them... Then I'm pretty sure this is a messed up system. Because all my FL have good repped me too.

I really doubt they would ever take action over percentages, and seeing as it's just a rumour, I'm positive.

Pheonix_Assassin
04-14-2009, 10:12 AM
This rumour has been about for ages XD It never will happen so don't worry about it =]

KingBroly
04-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Who has a rep below 40%? If so, you clearly don't have many friends to artificially boost your rep. Hop to it.

phobzy85
04-14-2009, 11:08 AM
I had 16% trash talk before I even got a mic, it's a flawed system and always will be... people will put false information if they lose etc. Just out of spite... whereas sometimes you will get the occasional person who will leave positive feedback but that's rare. I try to give good feedback to all my friends and people who I have fun playing with. I have never left bad feedback not even for quitters. Due to the system being completely the shambles.

ch9209live
04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I had 16% trash talk before I even got a mic, it's a flawed system and always will be... people will put false information if they lose etc. Just out of spite... whereas sometimes you will get the occasional person who will leave positive feedback but that's rare. I try to give good feedback to all my friends and people who I have fun playing with. I have never left bad feedback not even for quitters. Due to the system being completely the shambles.

lucky you :P, my Rep is 5 stars, but neg. feedback is over 60% and mostly when i played Virtua Tennis 3 and had to quit (then had family timer for 2 hours) mostly i give positive, if i give anything :)

JesusBread
04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Just because people don't like me doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong... Why the fuck would they ban me?

25% of the people I meet prefer me and 75% avoid me. Not banned yet... 50% of those avoid things are from being "unsporting." Hm....