PDA

View Full Version : How do I get faction relations up?

Grizzlegrom
04-09-2009, 03:32 AM
I accidentally made a faction mad how do I get their relations back doing quests for them or something?

Pippers
04-09-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm not that far in, but you can do missions for them (if available) or sell them certain cargo. The cargo to sell them is either random or changes among a set few.

I don't know if there are other ways to raise your faction.

FlipSwitch
04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
The other thing to remember is to avoid contraband like the plague if ypur into being liked by the different factions. Everytime you enter a solar system with contraband aboard your ship you'll be attacked on sight by the loacal ships in the area, even the transports and merchant ships, which i personally find odd. A merchant ship opening fire on a military vessel? Smart move AI.

BlackDragon
04-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Keep in mind that you can use Telepathy to bypass enemies you don't want to piss off - which also make it quite easy to run Contraband. Of course, you need Psi for that, but you can always just go pick on some pirates and concentrate on collecting Psi rather than winning quickly.

FlipSwitch
04-10-2009, 11:45 AM
The other way todo it is by destroying thier enemies ships - for example, Ive pissed off the keck, which in turn raised my jahrwoxi standing. Simply all i need to do is go and kill a certain number of Jahrwoxi - therefore evening out the rep so that theyre both neutral again.

Or you can just use your Psi, as BlackDragon says.