04-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Please delete

Lukeweizer
04-09-2009, 03:51 AM
God I hope this works.

A 1FingerSalute
04-19-2009, 07:29 AM
(Meaningless, but hopeful --> Bump)

Meh. I sure hope this works too. This is by no means an 'easy' game to crack the 1000. In fact, it is brutally painful. I would rather play Jumper again while getting my knees operated on with no meds than load this mofo. Samuel L. Jackson is like candy compared to this title. I hated every bit of my existence as a human being for the 15 mins I (tried to) played this garbage.

But since Cla55y told me about this tonight, I'ma give it a try.

Watching those little soccer-bots run around the field made me hate the fact that I ever discovered cheevs. Well... CSI 'did' hurt my neurons even more however.

If I pull this off Cla55y, I'ma come back here and praise, kiss & hug you AND your avatar.

Sti||born

EOU Findub
04-19-2009, 11:47 AM
.......this was one of the easiest 1k's on the 360. It was also the first soccer game I had played on the 360 so before you go off and say "well, I don't know how to play soccer games" neither did I. I don't know why you three had so much trouble with it?

mrmonkeykrap
04-19-2009, 12:25 PM
set your tactics to "box overload" for offensive and play the "offside trap" for defense. I was near enough getting a goal with each cross in. corners are easy enough to score with. I just have the last achievement to complete. I'mplaying it now to get the "win a custom league" achievement. easy enough.

YouStayClassy
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
.......this was one of the easiest 1k's on the 360. It was also the first soccer game I had played on the 360 so before you go off and say "well, I don't know how to play soccer games" neither did I. I don't know why you three had so much trouble with it?
We're far from alone.

And since the point of this site is to get achievements faster and easier, my method is aces because that's at least 10 less games you have to play to the end and can just forfeit. That's at least 40 minutes you save of having to play this rubbish.

A 1FingerSalute
04-22-2009, 07:18 AM
*Bump*

OK. I've done it and THIS WORKS. Man, I actually started to enjoy this after awhile, and that says a lot.

This particular 'guide' should replace the current guide's area for this achieve by leaps & bounds.

I sat around today using Cla55y's mini-guide and followed it to a tee. What's funny is that as you progress, you actually start getting the hang of these little soccer-running-bot-mofos. So much so that instead of trying for the 'draw' you start seeing which teams you can actually beat. It was a blast.

In a nutshell, this game had me so frustrated within 10 minutes of first popping it in. And thanks to Cla55y's mini-guide, I actually had fun. And with a 700GS to be had doing this, I must say I was pleasantly rewarded for my day's "work".

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow when I go for the Custom Tourney cheev instead of dreading life and wanting to die.

Pedle Zelnip
04-30-2009, 09:01 AM

Seriously what is with all the snotty posts in the forum for this game with people sayign things like "you must suck 'cause I did this one in notime!".

Back on topic: thanks for the two controller tip, it certainly helps.

budbon
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Seriously what is with all the snotty posts in the forum for this game with people sayign things like "you must suck 'cause I did this one in notime!".

Back on topic: thanks for the two controller tip, it certainly helps.

Lol dont feel bad. My first 10 games were horrible i couldnt score at all. So i did this trick and eventually realized i didnt need 2. After a while i started scoring at least once a game. Lol finally got the hang of it.

its one of those games that u eventually get better at.

Pedle Zelnip
04-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Not me, as I'm now done with this POS. :) Thanks to the OP for the tip, it worked well. It is a bit time consuming as I did around 3-4 hours last night, and then 3 hours this morning, but it does work.

aServantOfGod
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I am really good at this game, and don't really NEED to use two controllers, but I am doing it to save time.

Quick question:

What is the actual point of this guide? Do the three other user controlled teams ever need to win? Just curious. Not exactly sure what this guide is wanting to accomplish.

YouStayClassy
05-07-2009, 05:36 AM
I am really good at this game, and don't really NEED to use two controllers, but I am doing it to save time.

Quick question:

What is the actual point of this guide? Do the three other user controlled teams ever need to win? Just curious. Not exactly sure what this guide is wanting to accomplish.
Like I said, the three teams just need to not lose until they face your main profile team, the one you want to get the achievements. You want them to get as many points as possible so they'll beat out other teams and ultimate you'll get matched against them for super easy wins.

This guide is trying to accomplish, and I'm going to quote the x360a rules here:

"Aside from the "legit" way to get the achievements, is there a simpler way? These guides are not only how to get the achievements, but the fastest and easiest way to get them, as long as it's legit."

(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=723210&postcount=4)

My method saves you at LEAST 40 minutes of gametime, so I'd say it definitely accomplishes what achievement guides are out to do.

BackSpace07
05-24-2009, 03:27 PM
this game is far too easy, but long and painful process. especially since i set my thing to 8 minutes per half x_x

Jedi Kayben
05-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Why is the guide gone? I wanted to use it.

vegetable lasagna
07-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Please re-post this guide...=)

nmg82
11-17-2009, 02:23 PM
anyway this guide can be reposted? i'm about to get this game and am very interested in how to do this. thanks!

TheWings977
01-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Yea, uhm what happened to it?

Alexdelicious
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Anyone know what the guide said / able to repost it?

I'm abysmal at sport games and I don't know the first thing about football so I'm tentative to even load this up in my 360.

lvlister2006
02-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Come on guys where did this solution go someone must know a summarise on how to do the world cup mode with 2 controllers, please :)

montrossity
03-30-2010, 01:12 AM
what happened to the first post?

Wes Ide
06-01-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm looking for this, too.

MightyD88
06-18-2010, 02:23 AM
bumpity bump bump...what happened to the first post? Also, the link in official guide is dead as well.

MightyD88
06-18-2010, 02:40 AM
ok folks...with the power of google, this was the first part of what the original thread used to be:

Like many people on here, I was struggling trying to score goals in this alleged "easy" game. After trying every strategy under the sun on these forums to score, I just gave up. Then I had an idea when I noticed you could pick multiple teams for the Road To World Cup mode, cooked up a crazy idea, and sure enough it worked. You will need two controllers to do this, however, so keep that ...

That's where the google cache ends...ugh

Why would anyone try to delete their post if it was useful? geez.

Jonny Killalot
06-23-2010, 01:14 PM
ok folks...with the power of google, this was the first part of what the original thread used to be:

Like many people on here, I was struggling trying to score goals in this alleged "easy" game. After trying every strategy under the sun on these forums to score, I just gave up. Then I had an idea when I noticed you could pick multiple teams for the Road To World Cup mode, cooked up a crazy idea, and sure enough it worked. You will need two controllers to do this, however, so keep that ...

That's where the google cache ends...ugh

Why would anyone try to delete their post if it was useful? geez.

I agree. And the Achievement guide thread refers to a broken link , don't know why it is still stickied.

agentcastle
06-26-2010, 01:42 PM
if two user-controlled teams match up, you have the option of playing with either team with either controller

as such, and based on broken posts above - i bet she's advising us to choose the four top teams - can play to win or tie based on number of points needed by each team in their respective group (can make your own groups) - can also forfeit against lesser teams, thereby bumping them to the top and allowing your main account easier tournament matches... it works but would only advise it if you cant score a goal...or unless you love football - that being said, I don't see how this mode would take less time except for those who've had to keep re-playing matches in order to get that victory to qualify

as for scoring: change tactics to box overload and offside trap, change formation to 3-4-3, tap "LT" when attacking to get your folks down there, hold pass buttons for quicker ball movement, challenge cpu players at all times when in/around their box (lotta cheap goals to be had), on corners aim for 15-30 degrees from goal holding "LT" and "x" until 75-80% full and then head it in, and finally don't hold or pound on "b" to shoot - tap dat thing

eiVaL
08-08-2010, 08:11 AM
edit-nvm, they only let you pick 4 teams =/

and i dont see how this 2 controller method would work cause it doesnt let you pick the other team unless its human controlled, which wouldnt work once you play a CPU team
============================
has anyone just tried using the "change sides" trick?

i tried it just now with only 2 teams in the tournament but it didnt unlock, i dont see any explanation of there being a limit of teams but im about to now use 8 teams as the main guide says and still use the switch teams trick after i let a team win and see if it works, obviously if i can make all 8 teams "player" teams it shouldnt matter who i pick or who wins, so long as in the final match i make sure im on the winning team at the end.

ill post back with the results

Walls Of Jericho
08-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Damn it the guide is gone :(

ShadyChicano
11-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Bring this guide back plz

dersuedwanderer
05-05-2012, 03:16 PM
if two user-controlled teams match up, you have the option of playing with either team with either controller

as such, and based on broken posts above - i bet she's advising us to choose the four top teams - can play to win or tie based on number of points needed by each team in their respective group (can make your own groups) - can also forfeit against lesser teams, thereby bumping them to the top and allowing your main account easier tournament matches... it works but would only advise it if you cant score a goal...or unless you love football - that being said, I don't see how this mode would take less time except for those who've had to keep re-playing matches in order to get that victory to qualify

as for scoring: change tactics to box overload and offside trap, change formation to 3-4-3, tap "LT" when attacking to get your folks down there, hold pass buttons for quicker ball movement, challenge cpu players at all times when in/around their box (lotta cheap goals to be had), on corners aim for 15-30 degrees from goal holding "LT" and "x" until 75-80% full and then head it in, and finally don't hold or pound on "b" to shoot - tap dat thing

Thanks for your Tips. Still wondering, why the first post is gone....