PDA

View Full Version : How do you change Offline to Online account?

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Well i have alot of scores and achievements for my offline profile. How do i bring the whole profile online? If i create a new Online Profile, i will be starting everything from scratch.

Secondly i don't go online so often, so how can i update my achievement online?

MK English Jash
04-09-2009, 09:59 AM
im sure you can press on the gamertag and do connect to live on it that might help i dunno for sure

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I tried that but is don't work. Anyone else? Thanks

danowat32
04-09-2009, 10:11 AM
im sure you can press on the gamertag and do connect to live on it that might help i dunno for sure

Is the correct answer, my daughters gamertag was an offline profile, but we just connected to live and went through the steps to get a silver account.

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Is the correct answer, my daughters gamertag was an offline profile, but we just connected to live and went through the steps to get a silver account.

When i first sign up for xbox live, i got a 1 month limited gold account. There is no silver account. And how do you bring the offline account to online now?
I do all this just to ensure that my gamertag is safe from getting deleted when my console and HDD encounter failure. In another words i am going to backup my gamertag.

danowat32
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh my god, you are making this whole thing WAAAAYYY more complicated than it is.

When you signed up with your limited gold account, did you make a new account, or "upgrade" your offline gamertag.

you need to "upgrade" your offline account to a limited gold account.

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 10:29 AM
So now should i just delete my "just made online account" and sign up/upgrade again?

danowat32
04-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Well, yeah, because you ain't gonna want to use the new one are you.

CovertDog
04-09-2009, 10:39 AM
This is getting just crazy. You have 30 posts in two threads about you trying to get online and back up your account. If you haven't got the answers or help you need, I suggest you call xbox support.