PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions regarding Live account.

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Well i hope this topic wounldn't get closed down so soon this time.

After messing around with the Sign up abit, i manage to change my offline account to the Live Gold Trial account. Question is if i don't log into LIVE(online) will it affact my LIVE account?

Secondly if my console or HDD ever got screwed up, will i still be able to recover this LIVE account/profile? Thirdly will i be able to log into this LIVE account using my friend console?

Thanks

Seb The Sheep
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
This is going to get closed again I'm guessing. :|

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Then where should i ask this kind of question?

Seb The Sheep
04-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Numerous members of x360a have already tried to help you, and, as explained by a moderator in the closed thread, you should call Xbox Customer Support if you are still encountering difficulties.

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I just solve my previous problem, now i just want to ensure afew things..

Glowin Smurff
04-09-2009, 05:38 PM
if you don't log on for 90 days, your account is permanently put into a silver status, and can never return to gold. even if u call Xbox support.

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Many people told me its good enough to stay in Silver Account as the purpose is to just ensure that my Profile will never get lost if my console or HDD screwed up.

Well my friend try to log into my Live account/profile with his console in his house. Will he be able to do it if i give him my Email and password?

DudeWithTheFace
04-09-2009, 06:40 PM
He would but you do not want to give that info out to anyone or w=you will be starting over from 0 like you didn't want to before.

Regardless, you have been told by mods to stop spamming the forums with questions you can easily find out by contacting xbox.

Also, you may find this LINK (http://www.google.com) helpful....

GradeAbra
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry to ask this but how do i contact xbox? Through Phone? Email? There are still things i am unsure of.

0o0 ALEX 0o0
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
your xbox should have come with a warranty slip/ instruction book with a number in it if not go onto the website and look for contact us.

eskEMO
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
https://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/emailsupport.aspx is their email support.

If you login to Live, it'll save your current achievements in their database. If you sign-in to an xbox somewhere else, it'll erase any achievements you got between the last time you logged into Live and when you recovered your Gamertag.

Seb The Sheep
04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
if you don't log on for 90 days, your account is permanently put into a silver status, and can never return to gold. even if u call Xbox support.
what? that's a load of bollocks.

gamerguy69
04-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Here is what you should do.

Your current profile is Xbox LIVE Gold (trial account) but you are not connected to Xbox LIVE at the moment. Correct?

You can continue to play and add Gamerscore/Achievements to your account. They will be saved on your HDD.

If you want to update your Gamerscore on Xbox LIVE . . . DO NOT, I repeat . . . DO NOT Recover Your GamerTAG ON a different console!!!!

In order to update your Gamerscore with the offline gamerscore you have acquired, you should just detach your HDD from your console and attach it to a console with a LIVE internet connection. When you power ON, it would be like you are on your original console. Your Gamerscore should update.

I would not recommend giving your friend your E-mail and password in order to connect to LIVE. That is not good since all the progress and achievements you have earned OFFLINE reside on your HDD and unless your HDD is attached to a internet active console it cannot update on LIVE.

Detach your HDD, like you would a memory card . . . and No Recover GamerTAG should be necessary!!!

Glowin Smurff
04-10-2009, 01:31 AM
what? that's a load of bollocks.

not a load of bollocks, well it is and it isn't. i agree it's a shit move, but it's true.

my gf's lil bro has an account that is stuck on silver, cuz he doesn't have highspeed at home, and can't get it, so he only uses it when he comes over to our place and remembers to bring his 360 or HDD. it was like 103 days and we tried to put a month gold card on his account and it wouldn't work, couldn't change contact info or anything, called MS and got told, oh it has to be signed into live every 90days or the account gets locked to silver, their answer on how to fix it, start a new Gamertag to play on live.

oh and apparently it's in the TOS, they told us that much, and told me were to look if i wanted to see it for myself, and it is in there.

Evil Demon55
04-10-2009, 02:04 AM
You will be fine.

Question is if i don't log into LIVE(online) will it affact my LIVE account? : No, why would it?

Secondly if my console or HDD ever got screwed up, will i still be able to recover this LIVE account/profile?: Yes

Thirdly will i be able to log into this LIVE account using my friend console? Yes

I am pretty sure any live account is a live account, whether it be gold or silver.

GradeAbra
04-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Here is what you should do.

Your current profile is Xbox LIVE Gold (trial account) but you are not connected to Xbox LIVE at the moment. Correct?

You can continue to play and add Gamerscore/Achievements to your account. They will be saved on your HDD.

If you want to update your Gamerscore on Xbox LIVE . . . DO NOT, I repeat . . . DO NOT Recover Your GamerTAG ON a different console!!!!

In order to update your Gamerscore with the offline gamerscore you have acquired, you should just detach your HDD from your console and attach it to a console with a LIVE internet connection. When you power ON, it would be like you are on your original console. Your Gamerscore should update.

I would not recommend giving your friend your E-mail and password in order to connect to LIVE. That is not good since all the progress and achievements you have earned OFFLINE reside on your HDD and unless your HDD is attached to a internet active console it cannot update on LIVE.

Detach your HDD, like you would a memory card . . . and No Recover GamerTAG should be necessary!!!

Thanks for the help everyone. I did it.

By the way i selected "i don't want a Gold subscription" during the signing up. And after that, i noticed that my previous offline account(with achievements) becomes Gold and Online. Did anyone of you here try this out before?

When i try to sign up again(with another email) i try to select "i want a Gold subscription...", i ended up with a NEW Live account.

Question is will i still get a Silver account if i select the "i don't want a Gold subscription"?