PDA

View Full Version : Help needed.

BALD MONKEY 68
04-09-2009, 04:28 PM
My son is under 16 and wants to play an EA game online he used to play it on my console but now he has a console of his own he wants to play it on that but it won't let him play online,when we made his xbox account we had to put his age, is it xbox or ea thats blocking him from playing this game and is there anyway in which we can put his age limit up to get round this we have tried to change account settings but it will not work and we have registered an ea account for him which did not need his age put on,any HELP in solving this problem would be great thankyou.

Shinobi273
04-09-2009, 05:20 PM
My son is under 16 and wants to play an EA game online he used to play it on my console but now he has a console of his own he wants to play it on that but it won't let him play online,when we made his xbox account we had to put his age, is it xbox or ea thats blocking him from playing this game and is there anyway in which we can put his age limit up to get round this we have tried to change account settings but it will not work and we have registered an ea account for him which did not need his age put on,any HELP in solving this problem would be great thankyou.

That was one long sentence. That particular game has no issues with playing on live. It isn't EA and it shouldn't be live either. Try troubleshooting a little bit more, if you have another live account, try playing online on the new console. Also, make sure your son's account works on the old console. Try checking the parental controls on the new console. There might also be an issue with using a silver account, i.e. trial account. If the account is using a subscription that you paid for via a card or xbox.com, you should be okay.

DudeWithTheFace
04-09-2009, 06:47 PM
As much of a cop out as this sounds, it's not: Contact EA support. I had a connection issue with Tiger Woods 09 and it was fixed very quickly and works fine.

Now I've been going back and forth with them on NFS Carbon and Burnout Revenge, and it looks like something is really messed up to the point where I may never be able to get the online cheevos for those 2 games :(, which both use EA Nation also.

That may be part of your problem too, but the only way to tell is by contacting them, as they will have more answers/access than anyone here, unless some here works for EA support.....