PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft and Deleting Gamerscore

Boiled Frogs
04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I have just sent an email to microsoft explaining that I would like Call of Duty 3 and it's achievements erased from my profile as the online playerbase is realistically insufficient to get all the achievements.
I also explained how I understood why the user cannot delete gamerscore as if an account were temporarily stolen this could cause great distress, but proposed that if I could supply sufficient proof of identity, there should be no problem.

What do you think their reply will be? Has anybody already tried this to no avail? If so what was microsofts response?

eskEMO
04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
They'll say no, fairly sure. I have no past experience with it, but if they say yes to you, they'll get flooded with requests...

I might pick up COD3 if you'd like to boost sometime. :D

Whistler
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I give you a 0,0001% chance of success. (Haven't tried or read anything about it, just seems highly unlikely that they would do that)

Khalus Akuhei
04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I've looked into this before and also spoke with an agent over the phone at Microsoft and they won't remove any score. The only way to not have that game a part of your gamer score is to make a new gamertag and start over.

I too dislike that some games have online only achievements or can be impossible to complete without online access or help from others. Like I'm playing LEGO Star Wars TCS atm, and I noticed that only one of them to get the full 1000 points is play online and complete a stage. Its bogus cause I don't have a gold subscription and prolly never will cause all my games are 1P RPGs.

There should be seperate achivements in games that have online play....2 versions of each persay....whichever one you get first cancels out the other, so that the full 1000 points can be gotten by all gamers for each title!

Telexen
04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Don't get your hopes up. They wouldn't exactly be thrilled with the idea of having to staff more people just to go through requests to delete gamerscore.

Tiberian
04-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Like others have said, i doubt they will do it, so don't get mad if thats the case. The best you can hope for is looking for boosting partners if your having trouble with the achievements. The player base still playing the game may be small but you should be able to find someone willing who also wants the achievements.

jackanape
04-09-2009, 07:22 PM
It will never happen, as you can imagine the deluge of requests they would get if they decided to allow people to remove games from their tags.

Everytime a person played a game they didn't like, but had got a few points on - then it would be another email to MS.

Not to mention the fact that COD 3 is still an attainable 1k, as I did it myself this year.

Boiled Frogs
04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
yea im obviously quite pesimistic myself, but i thought, why not try, I'd like to hear their reasons. I can definately understand about how if they do it for me they have to for everybody, and that would in turn mean more staff. Lets just hope they don't play that card!

Bleeding Star
04-09-2009, 07:29 PM
why does it bother you that much :confused:

InkedUp
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I would be surprised if they said yes since the servers are still running. Would be interesting to ask to have a game removed because the server is closed, since that isn't technically your fault and you shouldn't have to suffer for it. Wonder what their response to that would be

Khalus Akuhei
04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I bought and played Eternal Sonata shortly after I got my 360 last fall, and only got like 4% and like 5hrs into the game before I gave Tales of Vesperia a try and since then; I've sold the game and thought I'd never play it again.

The score has been driving me nuts being there, but its reminded me that it is another RPG {which I love the most of any genre} and that I should just play it. It was fun, and I will someday finish it.

Th33Troop33r
04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
why does it bother you that much :confused: Maybe he wants to be a completionist :D

MattSpilly
04-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Offtopic: Alexisonfire fan ^_^?

Boiled Frogs
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Offtopic: Alexisonfire fan ^_^?

yup :) my favourite song

and yes, I'm a completionist

DudeWithTheFace
04-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Never gonna happen.

Completion would mean jack shit too.

Tenacious
04-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Why is completion % such a big deal to SO MANY PEOPLE?

Microsoft didn't even create the completion percentage. It is user created, and it means jack shit. Gamerscore is gamerscore, no matter how much you have on each game. Why would you want to REMOVE gamerscore?! It blows my mind.

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
never gonna happen

Tsaako
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
The simple fact that they would have to update their database all the time whilst been flooded with requests would be too much to handle.

Thats why they charge 800MS points for gamertag change..

I dont see why they dont charge MS points for removing games and score, seems fairer that way.

To top that i dont think people would want to waste their own money on ms points just to get hold of someone elses gamertag and lose points and money over it.

Easiest way to go around it is to receive an e-mail confirming that you asked to remove games and gamerscore and you would have to validate it by giving in your details on where you live and house numbers etc on xbox.com

MS just need to think. ;)

Boiled Frogs
04-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Why is completion % such a big deal to SO MANY PEOPLE?

Microsoft didn't even create the completion percentage. It is user created, and it means jack shit. Gamerscore is gamerscore, no matter how much you have on each game. Why would you want to REMOVE gamerscore?! It blows my mind.

if you think about it, gamerscore means nothing either, and it was just created by people as well. Nothing means anything really, we're all going to die one day, but you can't live life that way, gotta make the most of it all.

Completion is important to me because i'll never be in the big leagues anywhere else, i simply don't have enough spare time to compete with people like stallion, i doubt i'll ever see even 50k. It's a statement. Getting large numbers is easy if you get a game and do the majority of easy achievements, get around 800 then move on. What's hard is most games usually have a few achievements which are real douchebags to get, but once you do, man you feel proud.

For instance, if i wasnt a completionist, id probably have never done vidmaster annual in halo, it turned out to be one of the most fun and rewarding gaming experiences of my life

XLO
04-09-2009, 10:54 PM
they will just reply back to you with a "No".

Biodrive
04-10-2009, 12:24 AM
The reason you can't delete achievements is because Microsoft is saving itself from a lot of trouble. One reason has already been stated - your account is stolen and someone resets your gamerscore.

Even more closer to home (haha pun, read on), what if you have a malicious big brother who decides enough is enough deletes all your achievements, what then?

KFZ Scrubs
04-10-2009, 04:01 AM
hahaha,lol.
Why do people keep on sending microsoft messages thinking that they'll actually respond to them.
I mean you might get a response, but it'll be a generic response explaining nothing and making you even angrier.
Plus i think they'll be too busy to delete it for you.

Boiled Frogs
04-12-2009, 05:07 PM
'Thank you for contacting Xbox Support.

We are more than happy to assist you; however we require more information regarding your issue. Please contact us by phone and one of our representatives will be able to help you further. Our contact details can be found on the web link below.'

:O Im gonna phone them now lol

M a r K
04-12-2009, 05:10 PM
They only delete gamerscore if u cheat it for exaple game saves or the gears of war glitch

Whistler
04-12-2009, 05:12 PM
'Thank you for contacting Xbox Support.

We are more than happy to assist you; however we require more information regarding your issue. Please contact us by phone and one of our representatives will be able to help you further. Our contact details can be found on the web link below.'

Hmm sounds strange, think they missunderstood or something :p
*Waiting for phone results*

Xterma
04-12-2009, 05:19 PM
lol thats what i would do!!!!

jackanape
04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Most MS staff have zero clue about gamerscore, especially those manning help desks or in call centres. SO that email just means 'what the hell are you talking about?'. Then he will call them up and explain it and they STILL will not have a clue.

No way this is going to happen.

Boiled Frogs
04-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
Saturday: 09:00-20:00
Sunday: 09:00-17:00

:(

stay tuned

iKiddo
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
They only delete gamerscore if u cheat it for exaple game saves or the gears of war glitch

False.
Only game saves.

JPetrillo
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I have just sent an email to microsoft explaining that I would like Call of Duty 3 and it's achievements erased from my profile as the online playerbase is realistically insufficient to get all the achievements. LOL is this a joke? Probably not, but it made me laugh :D

Boiled Frogs
04-12-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL is this a joke? Probably not, but it made me laugh :D

yea tis, me and some friends are quite merrily boosting our way to 40k atm, just the first plausible reason i could think of to throw at microsoft, if, somehow, they do present me with the opportunity, it will be GTA IV that will be sailing down the river, mainly due to the shocking online achievements

CyanideBreathMint
04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
That's MS' way of wanting to personally record and play back the desperation in your voice followed by the pure disappointment in it when they tell you no over the phone. MS Support call center staff record, play back and laugh at their callers over lemon muffins and grape jelly donuts on their coffee breaks. Fact.

Trash Man
04-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Automated reply? No way this is gonna happen. Good Luck though :)

ch9209live
04-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Good luck :P BTW does any1 know answer for this: if i have email address that has been deleted (i can still play with that GamerCard), how can i change that, if i don't remember password anymore to that email etc. should i call MS?