PDA

View Full Version : Does my 360 need repaired (Again)

markd12
04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I've been having a few problems with my 360.

The power supply has been making odd noises when i turn it on and it's been having promlems trying to read discs.

I've had to send it back for repairs twice in the past year both times they said it was a faulty motherboard.

I'd just like to know if I'm going to have to send it in for repairs again.

M a r K
04-10-2009, 03:01 PM
They always need udating

they always break

InkedUp
04-10-2009, 03:05 PM
It may. If you keep having this same problem, I would contact MS support and see if they can tell you what's wrong or if it needs to be sent in

MitchRoy
04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I remember reading some where as well that there are two different power supplies with two different wattage ratings and perhaps one of the power supply you have is causing problems for the newer 360s that they have replaced yours with...

Maybe...

martnic
04-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Having problems reading disc is usually the laser dieing.

What's got me intrigued is the power supply making strange noise's.

How do you mean??

If you mean the Power Brick, then that could be the problem as it might not be giving enough power to the 360, which in turn is not getting enough power to the laser.

Try another Brick it might solve the problem, if not it's back to MS for you again.

Slow2die
04-10-2009, 05:50 PM
My Xbox 360 has not yet broken, but do not fear, knowing my luck it will happen soon. I have my entire family coming round on Monday for an Easter get together, and well, Im sure everyone will be playing Guitar Hero. Lets hope it doesn't mess up then. *Touches Wood* hehe.

iKiddo
04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
My Xbox 360 has not yet broken, but do not fear, knowing my luck it will happen soon. I have my entire family coming round on Monday for an Easter get together, and well, Im sure everyone will be playing Guitar Hero. Lets hope it doesn't mess up then. *Touches Wood* hehe.

It will. From shock.