PDA

View Full Version : Franchise Achievements

The GodFatheRx2
04-10-2009, 03:19 PM
One way I thought of doing the franchise achievements was to do a fantasy draft, set it so you get the first 25 picks, put it on Rookie, turn on Force Trades and then draft an All-Star team. Then simulate to the beginning of September. A little notification pops up and asks if you want to stop simulating because the trade deadline is coming up soon. Hit yes and go to the league leaders and check who is leading in home runs, strike outs, wins, saves and RBI's. If the leader is not on your team, doesn't happen very often, then trade for them. Remember to play out the last 20 games to make sure you reach the requirement of 20 played games. I'm at 18 played games right now and will confirm if it works shortly. Thanks.

DStyles
04-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Do you have to play full 9 inning games? Because I only played 20 3 inning games and didn't even get none of the achievements. The only one which I knew I wouldn't get was the 40 save since Rivera came up short with just 6 more saves needed. Burnett got 23 wind and 255 Ks, A-Rod got 139 RBIs and Matsui got 43 HRs and no achievements. Glitch?

Big Jeffrey69
04-13-2009, 03:59 AM
I think it has to be at least on pro difficulty. Plus I heard they won't unlock til after the world series.

Gohan Reborn
04-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I think a better alternative would be to play the games first...

There are a few achievements that won't pop up in 3 innings games. I threw a no-hitter in 3 and didn't get anything...:(

Too.Sneaks
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
WOW I PLAYED 21 GAMES, WON THE WORLD SERIES (Got the achievement for that) and nothing happened!!

I did all the required things except 40 saves and no achievements came.

WTF!!!

Too.Sneaks
04-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh wow, nevermind. I got all the ones I did..

Nothing popped up though... weird..

ROFL @ ME.

Big Jeffrey69
04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
If you earned those achievements.......they actually should unlock after the end of the regular season. I have also heard play 21 games.

Midnight Malice
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Rant deleted, got my 1000 this morning got rid of the game.

Bigball123
05-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Can I do my 20 games in franchise against a second controller?

iiznoodles
05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
you should be able to, also if you played your games and simed all the way to the way to the world series just play one world series game and the achievements will unlock, also another tip is play your 20 games in the beginning of the season and turn off autosave and sim the rest until the world series it'll help

MCK0OKEY
05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
I've done this twice now...thought my problem was that I skipped the world series previously, so on my second attempt I played the last 2 games of the regular season, and all postseason games, won the world series...and only 'there can be only one' popped...grrr.

I'm wondering if this could be because I played with a fantasy draft team...if anyone has had this pop with a team they picked themselves please let me know so I can give up. :-)

BWO F4TH3R
05-07-2009, 12:57 AM
This is the way I did it. First, I disabled the trade deadline date at the franchise menu and enabled the force trades option. Then, I played 20 3 inning games and simulated the rest of the season until the last day. After that, I traded the league leaders in every offensive and pitching category into my team. I simulated the postseason and played and won the WS. After I completed the last WS game, I got all the achievements. Make sure you play and win the last WS game, and wait until the MVP is announced and you will get the achievements. I have to this over again because I couldn't find a closer with 40+ saves. This one I think I'll have to do it myself. Hope that helps.

GrandChamp129
05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
for the twenty games that you play keep it in a save situation that way you can get an easy 20 saves. Then after it helps if you put all of your relievers as starters in the rotation because it will keep the games close while you are simulating.

Chrispy Ware
06-11-2009, 05:19 AM
yeah, I played 21 regular season games, got all the requirements and no achievements. Even won the world series and still nothing but "there can only be one" achievement. I played a few games on custom difficulty and the rest all on pro. Does this have something to do with it? Do you only get the achievements if you play all 20 on pro?